Go Back   Professional Soldiers > Special Forces Weapons > Ammo Talk

Old 01-04-2010, 22:19   #31
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
Real men don't depend on somebody else for their gear mods.
I really only need the GF for one thing...maybe two...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 22:22   #32
Buck
Quiet Professional

Camo Spray that Singer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksteve View Post
Dunno if I classify a sewing machine as women's shit...I've known guys that repaired, designed, and fabricated gear in their basement...used to know a rigger/sport jumper that repaired his rig with his own sewing machine...I know a couple of guys now that sew patches on leather vests for motorcycle clubs, etc...

I could tolerate yarn if it was part of a sand table kit, but since LarryW was a squid, he can't cop to that...
Steve,
Ya got a point there. Ok, Singer Sewing Machines are OK, for gear of course. Actually not a bad idea I guess, if I had one, I'd have to camo spray it though...lol. That might be a nice touch to it actually.

Buck
Old 01-04-2010, 22:24   #33
Buck
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Hopefully neither of those are for paintin your toe nails

Buck
Old 01-04-2010, 22:26   #34
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Steve,
Ya got a point there. Ok, Singer Sewing Machines are OK, for gear of course. Actually not a bad idea I guess, if I had one, I'd have to camo spray it though...lol. That might be a nice touch to it actually.
Yup...and back when we actually had patches sewn on our uniforms at $.50 a shot, it could cost a guy upwards of $7 just to get some BDUs set up...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
Old 01-04-2010, 22:30   #35
wet dog

Quote:
Dunno if I classify a sewing machine as women's shit...I've known guys that repaired, designed, and fabricated gear in their basement...used to know a rigger/sport jumper that repaired his rig with his own sewing machine...I know a couple of guys now that sew patches on leather vests for motorcycle clubs, etc...

I could tolerate yarn if it was part of a sand table kit, but since LarryW was a squid, he can't cop to that...
One ODA I was on, 18 months, we had a buy in, $100. The team bought an industrial strength sewing machine. It was perfect to fab thick nylon straps, ruck sack mods, etc. In SA, (South America) our ODA had built STABO rigs into LBE's. I modified my M203 vest with a STABO type rig, leg and chest straps.

Sold it...

Damn, kinda wish I hadn't.
Old 01-04-2010, 22:33   #36
lksteve
Quiet Professional

But if you're going to have a sewing machine in a man-cave, there'd better be some pictures of fabricated, altered, or repaired gear...otherwise, NO GO...at least that's how I see it...
Old 01-05-2010, 09:34   #37
koz
Quiet Professional

Quote:
But if you're going to have a sewing machine in a man-cave, there'd better be some pictures of fabricated, altered, or repaired gear...otherwise, NO GO...at least that's how I see it...
And the sewing machine motor needs to be rated in horsepower.... Mine is 1/2 HP
koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:56   #38
mojaveman
Area Commander

Two things

Quote:
Cooking and ...?

Cleaning house and ...?

mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:04   #39
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaveman View Post
Cooking and ...?

Cleaning house and ...
I do almost all the cooking...and I clean her garage, as needed...nope...those ain't it...
Old 01-05-2010, 15:18   #40
cszakolczai

I'm surprised I haven't seen any TV's pictured yet.
Old 01-05-2010, 18:09   #41
Buck
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cszakolczai View Post

I'd post a photo of the Labryinth, aka TV room, but I know I'd get screams of jealousy....lol. I just mounted the new Samsung 46" LED. If anyone does buy a Flatscreen, make sure it's an LED, absolutely blow away plasmas, and LCD's

Buck
Old 01-05-2010, 18:21   #42
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cszakolczai View Post
Same here, although, I do like the cave free of distractions.
Old 01-05-2010, 22:26   #43
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

Hey Buck thanks for the kind words.

Yep, my mountain bike is Ti. Its an Ibis Mai-Ti from the original incarnation of the company. I was working at a shop and selling people's bikes on the side via Ebay when they were looking for something new. It was a great way to make extra cash and the sale of a new bike. This guy brought this in and all the FOGs started tripping all over themselves. I suppose it compares to having a early Mustang if Ford had gone under a year after it was made. I have about $800 in it and I'd be willing to sell it for probably no less than 4k. Basically I just got lucky.

And yep, the sewing machine is for gear...and whatever else...I'm not above fixing clothes and such. Thus far all I've done really is add some tie downs to one of my tarps, a loop for my Camelbak in a pack that didn't have one, and maybe some stuff sack repairs. I need to find some Cordura and actually try to make something from scratch...
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the [terrorists] -- an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business.
-D. W. Brogan, The American Character
NoRoadtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 00:35   #44
cszakolczai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
I'd post a photo of the Labryinth, aka TV room, but I know I'd get screams of jealousy....lol. I just mounted the new Samsung 46" LED. If anyone does buy a Flatscreen, make sure it's an LED, absolutely blow away plasmas, and LCD's

Buck
Please by all means, make me jealous haha. I was given a blueray player for Christmas and this thing alone wants me to get a bigger TV. The quality that it puts out on my tiny little 26" LCD is just beyond words. Is there a sweet surround sound system to tag along with the LED TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet dog View Post
Same here, although, I do like the cave free of distractions.
I am a multi tasker, so I constantly have my TV on playing some sort of movie as I'm doing other work, then again I find myself watching that very movie sometimes when I should be finishing up the work. Sometimes Indiana Jones just deserves more attention.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:08   #45
Weazle23
Guerrilla

How about a kegerator? Who has one in their mancave? A bar with stools, and a few shelves of liquor would be nice too.