Go Back   Professional Soldiers > Special Forces Weapons > Ammo Talk

Old 01-03-2010, 17:32   #16
HOLLiS
Area Commander

^^^ agree to all the comments. Man caves are not to be trifled with.
HOLLiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 18:24   #17
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-O View Post
Blatant man rule violation....to the 2nd Degree. Rulling please?
Guilty...
Old 01-03-2010, 18:33   #18
Buck
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-O View Post
Blatant man rule violation....to the 2nd Degree. Ruling please?
lol, guilty, wonder what the sentence will be...

Buck
Old 01-03-2010, 19:46   #19
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

In the process of moving - after 4+ years. I've found "UDT Duck Feet" from 1967, a mask from 1969, and a regulator (double hose) from 1972. There is no "dishonor" in "disorganization" - there is "guy dishonor" in elimininating "stuff"!
Old 01-04-2010, 19:52   #20
NoRoadtrippin
Guerrilla

Alright, here is mine. I just bought my first house about 11 months ago. The house was new so I had the builder leave the carpet out of one of the extra bedrooms. I got it in a roll though so now I can abuse the slab however I want (spills and such) and then just throw down new carpet when I sell.

I built the table myself...first functional item I probably ever built out of wood all on my own outside of shop class. It's attached to the wall and rock solid.

It isn't all gun related, but its definitely my cave and the firearm collection is growing...I need a safe real bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6699.jpg (60.4 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6700.jpg (66.4 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0996.jpg (95.4 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6605.jpg (36.4 KB, 143 views)
For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the [terrorists] -- an American decision that this is sport, or that it is business.
-D. W. Brogan, The American Character

Last edited by NoRoadtrippin; 01-05-2010 at 22:31.
NoRoadtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 19:59   #21
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap...
Hmmm...do the words "Banned User" mean anything to you? Holy crap, you need some serious penance...

Guilty, Guilty, Guilty...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 20:20   #22
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
These are some things you can replace the yarn and womens clothes with...

OK, things men need, and are allowed in the Man Cave.

Gents, other items needed?

Buck
There's gotta be a couple of rusted flat weights and perhaps the remains of old field gear "you're gonna fix"....

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 21:44   #23
LarryW
Area Commander

Crap, y'all. I'm guilty as sin, that's for sure. You're right, Dozer, she might just still be down there in one of those tubs...country craft crap wrapped around her, still bitching. Maybe that's what I keep hearing late at night. Gads! I'm beginning to feel like Norman Bates' older brother!

Gotta snap out of it.

New Years Resolution: Snap out of it...all of it!
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 21:50   #24
dac
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRoadtrippin View Post
It isn't all gun related....
I see that. That's quite an impressive collection of monkeys.

Refreshments will be provided.
dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 21:54   #25
Buck
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRoadtrippin View Post
Alright, here is mine. I just bought my first house about 11 months ago. The house was new so I had the builder leave the carpet out of one of the extra bedrooms. I got in a roll though so now I can abuse the slab however I want (spills and such) and then just throw down new carpet when I sell.

I built the table myself...first functional item I probably ever built out of wood all on my own outside of shop class. It's attached to the wall and rock solid.

It isn't all gun related, but its definitely my cave and the firearm collection is growing...I need a safe real bad.

NoRoadtrippin,
Love the ManCave. I should have taken a shot at the other side of my basement, its a bicycle shop...lol. I build custom bikes on my off time. Last project was a Merlin ExtraLite Titanium Road bike, with Sram Red, and Force components. One of your Mtn Bikes looks like a Titanium frame. Appreciate the photos, hopefully you gave LarryW some ideas for replacing his balls of yarn

Buck
Old 01-04-2010, 21:58   #26
Buck
Quiet Professional

Holy crap, is that a Singer Sewing Machine?

Ok, I was relooking over the photos of NoRoadtrippin's stuff, how in the heck did I miss the Singer Sewing Machine in my first pass

Rule # 1 No womens shit allowed in the Mancave. We just got through roasting LarryW's conchos in the grill for having yarn balls in his bacement

Buck
Old 01-04-2010, 22:00   #27
LarryW
Area Commander

"...balls of yarn". Yeah, got it, Buck. More like "BALL of yarn"...one little bitty galdarned single ball of squishy yarn. Gads!

I am motivated ... message received.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 22:07   #28
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Ok, I was relooking over the photos of NoRoadtrippin's stuff, how in the heck did I miss the Singer Sewing Machine in my first pass

Rule # 1 No womens shit allowed in the Mancave. We just got through roasting LarryW's conchos in the grill for having yarn balls in his bacement

Buck
What's wrong with the Singer? Real men don't depend on somebody else for their gear mods. (Yes, I've got "several" sewing machines sharing space in my reloading room. Saved a lot of money on sewing patches on uniforms over the years.)
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 22:07   #29
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Dunno if I classify a sewing machine as women's shit...I've known guys that repaired, designed, and fabricated gear in their basement...used to know a rigger/sport jumper that repaired his rig with his own sewing machine...I know a couple of guys now that sew patches on leather vests for motorcycle clubs, etc...

I could tolerate yarn if it was part of a sand table kit, but since LarryW was a squid, he can't cop to that...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton

Last edited by lksteve; 01-04-2010 at 22:09.
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 22:10   #30
Buck
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
What's wrong with the Singer? Real men don't depend on somebody else for their gear mods. (Yes, I've got "several" sewing machines sharing space in my reloading room.)
I know a Room mate for you if the SHTF, I know a guy who can supply you with Yarn Balls.....lol

LarryW j/k man, you know how it is, can't let that one go. Gonna have to rename you to "The Tailor"... I like it

Buck