Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2021, 06:18   #61
1stindoor
Quiet Professional
 
1stindoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ft. Bragg
Posts: 2,810
Here's my question...though, truthfully I already know the answer, will the same chain of command overlook it when one of the troops puts something in their social media feed likening the current POTUS as an Alzheimer case...or the VEEP as a whore. I could go on...but you get the point. As Box already mentioned...some are more equal than others.
__________________
"Somebody should put that quote on a T-shirt:
Muslim phrase: "Aloha Snackbar!"
English translation: "Draw, Mother-F*cker!""
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:46   #62
miclo18d
Quiet Professional
 
miclo18d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Occupied Northlandia
Posts: 1,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
Here's my question...though, truthfully I already know the answer, will the same chain of command overlook it when one of the troops puts something in their social media feed likening the current POTUS as an Alzheimer case...or the VEEP as a whore. I could go on...but you get the point. As Box already mentioned...some are more equal than others.
I recall a day in SERE school when they tried to make us do the “2 minutes of hate session”.

Apparently that is taught at the GO staff level now, but instead of learning to resist it, you’re encouraged to embrace it!

Who are we at war with? Eurasia or Eastasia? I forget.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 46566002-77E8-4FBE-A240-1AD5F4761EF7.jpg (41.9 KB, 29 views)
__________________
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 10:43   #63
Box
Quiet Professional
 
Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 4,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
I recall a day in SERE school when they tried to make us do the “2 minutes of hate session”.

Apparently that is taught at the GO staff level now, but instead of learning to resist it, you’re encouraged to embrace it!

Who are we at war with? Eurasia or Eastasia? I forget.

Its all about how you market things...
It's not called "2 Minutes of Hate" - those are bad words in today's political landscape. It's much better to encourage "critical thinking" in your subordinates.

Being indoctrinated to "critical thinking" is how you learn that the swim test is racist. Once you are indoctrinated to "critical thinking" you learn that we are not "lowering standards" what we are REALLY doing is 'removing obstacles' that prevent students from progressing. Once you are indoctrinated to "critical thinking" you realize that the brass isn't involved in sociopolitical activism - they are "leading change"

Being indoctrinated into the beauty of critical thinking is how senior leaders are able to learn catch phrases like "speaking truth to power" in the war college and still keep a staight face when they tell their troops, "well the boss likes it, which means I like it"

Being indoctrinated by the false flag of "critical thinking" is how you come to confuse the idea of submitting to peer pressure with the much more laudable characteristic of being an "early adopter"
Unfortunately, that is the same 'Innovation Model' that most ass kissers use to label people that prefer the facts normally associated with research and analysis as "Laggards"

Diversity and Inclusion are in no way associated with creating a diverse body of work and are in no way designed to include everyone in the decisions making process.
They are just two fancy words used by activists to normalize and encourage their own favorite flavor of "2 Minutes of Hate"

...but make no mistake - a guy that uses a photo shopped image to undermine the president is neither diverse nor inclusive. He is just another bureaucratic snake that has been given the keys to the castle.



I have spoken.
__________________
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 13:12   #64
miclo18d
Quiet Professional
 
miclo18d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Occupied Northlandia
Posts: 1,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Its all about how you market things...
It's not called "2 Minutes of Hate" - those are bad words in today's political landscape. It's much better to encourage "critical thinking" in your subordinates.

Being indoctrinated to "critical thinking" is how you learn that the swim test is racist. Once you are indoctrinated to "critical thinking" you learn that we are not "lowering standards" what we are REALLY doing is 'removing obstacles' that prevent students from progressing. Once you are indoctrinated to "critical thinking" you realize that the brass isn't involved in sociopolitical activism - they are "leading change"

Being indoctrinated into the beauty of critical thinking is how senior leaders are able to learn catch phrases like "speaking truth to power" in the war college and still keep a staight face when they tell their troops, "well the boss likes it, which means I like it"

Being indoctrinated by the false flag of "critical thinking" is how you come to confuse the idea of submitting to peer pressure with the much more laudable characteristic of being an "early adopter"
Unfortunately, that is the same 'Innovation Model' that most ass kissers use to label people that prefer the facts normally associated with research and analysis as "Laggards"

Diversity and Inclusion are in no way associated with creating a diverse body of work and are in no way designed to include everyone in the decisions making process.
They are just two fancy words used by activists to normalize and encourage their own favorite flavor of "2 Minutes of Hate"

...but make no mistake - a guy that uses a photo shopped image to undermine the president is neither diverse nor inclusive. He is just another bureaucratic snake that has been given the keys to the castle.



I have spoken.
Eastasia then? I want to be an early adopter! I’m trying, but I still only see 4 lights! I’m incorrigible, sorry.
__________________
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:24   #65
7624U
Quiet Professional
 
7624U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,223
Box thinking outside the box !
__________________
"You do not truly own anything that you can't carry in both arms at a dead run”

"Robert A. Heinlein"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:40   #66
Box
Quiet Professional
 
Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 4,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
Box thinking outside the box !
Au contraire mon frère - my last post wasn't even original thought.
You should probably sit down because I am about to pour a bottle of nightmare fuel into your tank...

-critical thinking
-leading change
-removing obstacles
-speaking truth to power
-well the boss likes it, which means I like it
-early adopter

EVERY.SINGLE.PHRASE.IS.STOLEN

-encouraging critical thinking in subordinates came from a BG that also referred to his leg 2LT secretary as a special operator because EVERYONE in the unit is a special operator
-leading change came from a senior DAC that lives in the ear of the command team
-'removing obstacles' is a newish term that should sound familiar to our SWC brothers lurking the boards
-speaking truth to power is a power phrase from War College graduates and I cant count how many times I heard that crap when President Trump was in office
-'the boss likes it therefore I like it' was from a senior leader while talking to ODA/ODB leadership
-early adopter was recently uttered by a senior leader

All but the DAC is an SF guy.
If it was just sarcasm, it would be funny. It isn't just sarcasm - those are comments and phrases quoted from senior leaders.


If I REALLY had the power of innovative original thinking needed to come up with this kind of shit on my own - I'd have the wealth and power to go with it and I wouldn't have to hang around on a bulletin board - I'd be on a yacht, on hanging out at the beach on my own private continent.
...not a private island - a private continent
__________________
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 06-23-2021 at 07:45.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:29   #67
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional
 
TOMAHAWK9521's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,161
To paraphrase Indigo Montoya: “You keep using that phrase. I don’t think it means what you think it means.”

Those whose said “critical thinking” actually meant “critical theory”, which is the opposite of critical thinking. Had they actually been employing and promoting critical thinking, most of the crap we’re currently dealing with would have been mocked with derisive laughter and tossed out of the building.
__________________
"It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death, it is then the truest valor to dare to live." -Sir Thomas Browne (1605-1682)
TOMAHAWK9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 13:01   #68
Pete
Quiet Professional
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 13,016
And this is the word from the top....


"Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley Fiercely Defends Teaching Critical Race Theory"

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-...l-race-theory/

"....“I’ve read Mao Tse Tung,” Milley said. I’ve read Karl Marx. I’ve read Lenin. That doesn’t make me a communist. So what is wrong with … having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend? I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers … of being, quote, ‘Woke,’ because we’re studying some theories that are out there.”..."

Better dig that foxhole a couple more feet. Lot more incoming headed for the troops.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 13:48   #69
1stindoor
Quiet Professional
 
1stindoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ft. Bragg
Posts: 2,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
And this is the word from the top....


"Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley Fiercely Defends Teaching Critical Race Theory"

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-...l-race-theory/

"....“I’ve read Mao Tse Tung,” Milley said. I’ve read Karl Marx. I’ve read Lenin. That doesn’t make me a communist. So what is wrong with … having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend? I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers … of being, quote, ‘Woke,’ because we’re studying some theories that are out there.”..."

Better dig that foxhole a couple more feet. Lot more incoming headed for the troops.
Notice he doesn't condemn the "theories that are out there...." Merely identifies (hence, signals) that he's in-tune with what's being put down. I used to laugh when my predecessors told me that they were glad they retired when they did....now I get it.
__________________
"Somebody should put that quote on a T-shirt:
Muslim phrase: "Aloha Snackbar!"
English translation: "Draw, Mother-F*cker!""
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 15:01   #70
Sohei
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,599
I now refer to myself as a “legacy” Marine!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 17:25   #71
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
And this is the word from the top....


"Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley Fiercely Defends Teaching Critical Race Theory"

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-...l-race-theory/

"....“I’ve read Mao Tse Tung,” Milley said. I’ve read Karl Marx. I’ve read Lenin. That doesn’t make me a communist. So what is wrong with … having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend? I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers … of being, quote, ‘Woke,’ because we’re studying some theories that are out there.”..."

Better dig that foxhole a couple more feet. Lot more incoming headed for the troops.
Critical Race Theory essentially holds that U.S. society is inherently or systemically racist.

Mao, Marx, Lenin and yes Critical Race Theory could be said to “speak” to those who wish to “fundamentally transform” American society.

Could CRT be used to divide and conquer a society?

Could race, rather than economics, be a catalyst for the next great Marxist-Leninist revolution? Could race be used to foment the classic Marxist-Leninist “class struggle?”

Purely rhetorical - I wonder if the General suggests that they teach CRT in that context ?
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 17:43   #72
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional
 
JJ_BPK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NOVA
Posts: 11,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Critical Race Theory essentially holds that U.S. society is inherently or systemically racist.


Could CRT be used to divide and conquer a society?

Could race, rather than economics, be a catalyst for the next great Marxist-Leninist revolution? Could race be used to foment the classic Marxist-Leninist “class struggle?”
Mao Zedong's attempt at central planning and control called "The Great Leap Forward" caused twenty to forty million people in north-central China to died starvation.

Mao used age to divide china. The young & stupid against the old & educated, so race is not a stretch. The Democrats are already working the young & stupid angle
__________________
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 17:54   #73
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Mao Zedong's attempt at central planning and control called "The Great Leap Forward" caused twenty to forty million people in north-central China to died starvation.

Mao used age to divide china. The young & stupid against the old & educated, so race is not a stretch. The Democrats are already working the young & stupid angle
"Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents, that's where it's really at."

~William Ayers
Circa 1970

Mao’s “young and stupid” revolutionaries apparently had some influence on 1960s radical Billy Ayers...hey, wasn’t Billy “just a guy in the neighborhood” ...who happened to influence just a guy from Chicago...?
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 21:02   #74
Golf1echo
Area Commander
 
Golf1echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Posts: 1,321
“Fiction reveals truth that reality obscured”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

...and now to dedicate a melody to the leader of the house and others in the Cabal

Five Finger Death Punch “ Living the Dream”

... and yeah don’t be a NSU
__________________
"It is because they have so much to give and give it so lavishly...that men love the mountains and go back to them again and again." Sir Francis Younghusband

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 21:25   #75
Box
Quiet Professional
 
Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 4,936
If bong water was a human...
__________________
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:21.



Copyright 2004-2021 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies