Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2021, 17:36   #31
PSM
Area Commander
 
PSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cochise Co., AZ
Posts: 6,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
* Except for I'm not a Dodgers fan but - Yes, I DID return that 3/4; if you haven't checked Charlie Co's motor pool bays then STFU and leave me alone.
I smell a story.
__________________
"Hector Lives!"

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 18:31   #32
ChristianPA
Asset
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2
I think the issue for the defense is going to be the fact that no one has testified in support of Chauvin and his actions. All the officers within the Minneapolis police force that testified have taken opposition to Chauvin's (and the other officers') actions. And with the ED doctor's testimony stating he doesn't believe drug toxicity was a primary contributing factor to his death, that's a big challenge for the defense. I would say the prosecutor surely has the upper hand given the evidence we've seen thus far and testimonies (just not the witness testimonies, that EMT should've been kicked from the courtroom, in my opinion).
ChristianPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:23   #33
JGC2
Quiet Professional
 
JGC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FTCKY
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianPA View Post
I think the issue for the defense is going to be the fact that no one has testified in support of Chauvin and his actions. All the officers within the Minneapolis police force that testified have taken opposition to Chauvin's (and the other officers') actions. And with the ED doctor's testimony stating he doesn't believe drug toxicity was a primary contributing factor to his death, that's a big challenge for the defense. I would say the prosecutor surely has the upper hand given the evidence we've seen thus far and testimonies (just not the witness testimonies, that EMT should've been kicked from the courtroom, in my opinion).
Yesterday's prosecution witness was so disastrous for them that the defense informed the judge they plan on calling them back to the stand again as a defense witness later LOL
__________________
"Alabama soldiers...all I ask of you is to keep up with the Texans!" - Robert E. Lee, before the Battle of the Wilderness
JGC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:12   #34
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional
 
Old Dog New Trick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Just above the flood plain in Southern Texas
Posts: 3,346
Thus far the prosecution has failed to “prove” their case beyond the “feelings and emotional” aspects of the court room. They haven’t even injected some liberal form or use of the required “burden of proof” to convict him.

The city should have considered using some of that $27M to pay for better witnesses that aren’t embarrassed every time the defense cross examines them and they become a witness for the defense.

But, unfortunately for Derek Chauvin, justice will be delayed when he found guilty of something to appease the people.
__________________
You only live once; live well. Have no regrets when the end happens!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 13:44   #35
bushmaster11
Guerrilla
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 121
Rx effects

OK, you medics out there, what are side effects of Fentanyl? It is a depressive, in fact there have fatalities on small doses. It would NOT have caused agitation or combativeness. Not sayin he should not have been clocked, but is a bummer case.

J. R.sends
DOL
bushmaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 15:07   #36
tom kelly
Quiet Professional
 
tom kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Posts: 1,390
State of MN. vs. Chauvin:

NOT GUILTY.....Until Hell freezes over........Than we will skate on the ice...HOLDOUT
__________________
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN: BUT, NOBODY WANTS TO DIE.
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 16:23   #37
Requiem
Guerrilla Chief
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alaska
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
The city should have considered using some of that $27M
Just curious - why would the city settle the civil case before the outcome of the murder trial was known?

S.
__________________
Heroes are often the most ordinary of men. - Henry David Thoreau.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 16:44   #38
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional
 
Ret10Echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Occupied America....
Posts: 4,731
You might do that if you were uncertain of the required outcome of the criminal trial. ..... And to just "Make it go away"
__________________
"There are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 19:02   #39
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional
 
Old Dog New Trick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Just above the flood plain in Southern Texas
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Just curious - why would the city settle the civil case before the outcome of the murder trial was known?

S.
Mayor Fryes “white-guilt” payment up front to BLM/Antifa! Maybe they cut a deal with Benjamin Crump not to burn the city down again, knowing they have a weak case and always had a weak case.
__________________
You only live once; live well. Have no regrets when the end happens!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 18:37   #40
Patriot007
Guerrilla
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Free Pennsylvania
Posts: 136
It is frustrating but expected that not many people know George Floyd had fentanyl AND methamphetamine in his system at the time of his death. Counterfeit "Percocets" containing the potentially deadly combination were found in the vehicle.

Methamphetamine will cause the agitation and combativeness you see. As will a lifetime of criminal activity and disregard for the law.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmaster11 View Post
OK, you medics out there, what are side effects of Fentanyl? It is a depressive, in fact there have fatalities on small doses. It would NOT have caused agitation or combativeness. Not sayin he should not have been clocked, but is a bummer case.

J. R.sends
DOL
Patriot007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 19:30   #41
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 5,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot007 View Post
Counterfeit "Percocets" containing the potentially deadly combination were found in the vehicle.
That would explain why his bro' done fled da scene and then began a love affair with the 5th Amendment when called to testify. I'm thinking dealer/connection. Break up counterfeit $20 so I can pay my boy out waitin' in the car.
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino

Last edited by Badger52; 04-09-2021 at 19:32.
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 23:30   #42
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NM
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmaster11 View Post
OK, you medics out there, what are side effects of Fentanyl? It is a depressive, in fact there have fatalities on small doses. It would NOT have caused agitation or combativeness. Not sayin he should not have been clocked, but is a bummer case.

J. R.sends
DOL
Same as speedballing.

https://www.drugrehab.com/addiction/...oin/speedball/
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 23:47   #43
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional
 
Old Dog New Trick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Just above the flood plain in Southern Texas
Posts: 3,346
You want to know what’s really disparaging...the pathologist who testified today (coroner, doctor, whatever) who did the autopsy on Floyd for the state, used video evidence to make a determination of death. I mean like really...what the fuck! An autopsy should be based only on pathology of medical evidence and cellular health, toxicology and precipitating factors found within the body.

To use and base your evidence on third party ******* video shows just how unprofessional the coroner’s office is.

Might as well say every drug overdose death is a result of “body-cam video evidence of properly applied restraint techniques used by police.”
__________________
You only live once; live well. Have no regrets when the end happens!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:42   #44
Patriot007
Guerrilla
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Free Pennsylvania
Posts: 136
I agree. The prosecution also used a critical care/pulmonologist as the expert witness to testify that GF died by asphyxiation. His testimony was based on nothing but opinion and propaganda. He had no business being in that court room and the defense should have called them on it. Not only was his testimony not remotely near anything you could call science I would wager this guy never cared for a manual asphyxiation patient in his life, as that is usually the Trauma/critical care realm. He should know what a drug overdose body looks like...but he wasn't asked. A forensic pathologist is the only appropriate expert witness unless they themselves were on scene.

Imagine this: you take methamphetamine and your heart rate and contractility increase, increasing your myocardial oxygen demand. You also are feeling edgy so you start fighting with police, using every muscle in your body. Your myocardium oxygen requirement goes way up, as does the oxygen requirement of your muscles, so your heart works even harder to try to keep the blood and oxygen flowing. You need more oxygen to feed that heart that's working so hard, but the problem is you're screaming like a lunatic instead of breathing normally or compensating with heavy breathing as you would during a run or roll, and then fentanyl starts to take away your respiratory drive- you are now breathing slow and shallow, barely getting enough oxygen in. But even though your respirations are inadequate your heart still has a high need for oxygen, because the methamphetamine tells your heart and your body not to quit. Eventually demand surpasses supply and your myocardium starts to die and your heart fails. You are now dead. Is this murder? Manslaughter?






Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
You want to know what’s really disparaging...the pathologist who testified today (coroner, doctor, whatever) who did the autopsy on Floyd for the state, used video evidence to make a determination of death. I mean like really...what the fuck! An autopsy should be based only on pathology of medical evidence and cellular health, toxicology and precipitating factors found within the body.

To use and base your evidence on third party ******* video shows just how unprofessional the coroner’s office is.

Might as well say every drug overdose death is a result of “body-cam video evidence of properly applied restraint techniques used by police.”
Patriot007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:15   #45
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 5,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot007 View Post
Eventually demand surpasses supply and your myocardium starts to die and your heart fails. You are now dead. Is this murder? Manslaughter?
I'd call it suicidal behavior but I'm just one of those deplorable Neanderthals.
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36.



Copyright 2004-2021 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies