Old 04-08-2021, 10:57   #2611
WarriorDisciple
Asset

Introduction

Hello,
First, I am thankful to be here and learn all I can from the leaders, Men, and Women that are in this community. Thank you for the opportunity and growth.
Second, My name is Adam. I am in the reserves at the moment with aspirations to pursue my military career further. I am thirty years old out of Colorado and have the support of an amazing wife.
Lastly, I look forward to learning from many of you and growing from the wealth of knowledge in this venture.

Adam

Romans 12
WarriorDisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 20:36   #2612
Fozzy B.
Asset

Introduction

Hello,

I'm 37 and a husband and father of three in the Midwest. Despite the challenges that come with those realities, I'm considering joining the service. I'm thankful for this forum and site as it has provided invaluable information from very helpful people.

If you're reading this - the moderators are right: Read every post in the forums before asking questions. All of the questions I've had have been so far answered by existing posts, as well as questions I hadn't thought to ask.
Fozzy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 20:38   #2613
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy B. View Post
Hello,

I'm 37 and a husband and father of three in the Midwest. Despite the challenges that come with those realities, I'm considering joining the service. I'm thankful for this forum and site as it has provided invaluable information from very helpful people.

If you're reading this - the moderators are right: Read every post in the forums before asking questions. All of the questions I've had have been so far answered by existing posts, as well as questions I hadn't thought to ask.
Welcome and best of luck.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 19:21   #2614
cluster550
Asset

Hello,

As you all can see Ive been a lurker for a little while. I first ran across this forum when I was considering enlisting, and while that never happened, this site had a significant impact on my mindset back then. Ive enjoyed popping in and skimming posts occasionally ever since.

Between using the search button and generally not having much of value to add to threads, I never felt the need to post, but I did find a thread I felt I should chime in on...
cluster550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:37   #2615
oldbandit
Asset

Hi everyone!

26 years old and preparing for MEPs with hopes of getting an 18x contract. Spent most of my early life in military housing surrounded by personnel (Father served in the Navy for 21 as GM), now I would like to serve my country as well. I have been skulking the boards here for a little over a month before I created an account, just trying to absorb as much as possible from the discussions here. I don't like to talk about myself much so I hope this is intro will suffice.
oldbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 19:02   #2616
Yonatan
Asset

Introduction

Hello everyone,

I'm 20 and from the Pacific Northwest. I'm on this forum to learn more about the lifestyle of a quiet professional, and to prepare as best I can for selection.

I'm a licensed private pilot and qualified as an Incident Commander, mainly for water rescue, diving, and salvage operations. I currently speak English and Hebrew, although I'm working on my Arabic.

My interest in joining the teams comes from two great men I had to learn from, one who served in the teams in Vietnam, and the second who worked as a contractor for State in East Africa. Hearing the few stories they could tell me sparked my interest in that kind of work and the extraordinary people who perform it.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to learn a lot being here.
Yonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 14:57   #2617
Little Muddy
Asset

Intro

I enlisted a few years ago in hopes of serving my country, but my old unit didn't get that opportunity, so I went to selection. One step down, one thousand to go.

I want to contribute as much as possible wherever I get assigned. But with America shifting focus to the East, I'm having a hard time moving on with the sense of guilt from not doing my part in GWOT. So I'm here searching for wisdom and direction.

Thank you.
Old 05-05-2021, 19:19   #2618
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Muddy View Post
I enlisted a few years ago in hopes of serving my country, but my old unit didn't get that opportunity, so I went to selection. One step down, one thousand to go.

I want to contribute as much as possible wherever I get assigned. But with America shifting focus to the East, I'm having a hard time moving on with the sense of guilt from not doing my part in GWOT. So I'm here searching for wisdom and direction.

Thank you.
The GWOT is old news figure out how to fight a real Army without getting fixed with self guided munitions, (Hint) your radio is not your friend use it sparingly for all you new recruits.

(Wisdom) someone did it many times before you joined the military so it can be done .
(Direction) strait in front of you one foot in front of the other !

"Robert A. Heinlein"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote