View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 15:22   #19
NurseTim
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
You silly goose you. don't you know healthcare is free? You can keep your Dr., you can keep your insurance plan, you can keep your hospital? Geez the gubment said so!

On a serious note, Michael Porter has promoted the novel idea of moving healthcare pricing from a fee for service basis to a cost and materials basis along with publication of pricing and success metrics such as recovery times and infection rates for common surgical procedures. Where these have been implemented the results have been significant increase in efficiencies and quality of healthcare.
Itís probably worth a try.
But, if I may. Recovery times are individualized, and infection rates have numerous variables. Bean counters already control medicine. The sons of the bean counters that prosecuted the Vietnam war.

The problem is multifaceted, economic, foods consumed by most everyone, medicine, middlemen in insurance. I saw bills for child birth from the 40ís and it was less than $100, and that was when they kept you in the hospital for days after the birth. But the dollar had much more purchasing power.
Monsanto didnít have the grip on our foods then than they do now, etc.

I donít have the answers.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote