Professional Soldiers

Professional Soldiers (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ammo Talk (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Show us your Toys, as in Guns / Man Cave (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26946)

Buck 01-02-2010 21:37

Show us your Toys, as in Guns / Man Cave

6 Attachment(s)
So I loved the post that LarryW made about the video "I Love Guns", so it got me thinking. How about a thread with photos of your guns, reloading benches, Gun related man caves. So here goes..

I took some photos of one side of my basement, which I converted into my gun shop. Built the reloading bench out of solid Oak slabs, and made dove-tail inserts so I can swap out reloaders, swaggers, etc. If anyone likes it, I have plans on how to make it. I made it after getting sick of using old doors, converted desks, etc.

I also took some photos of my Gun Safe, with some of my toys.. Can you tell I am a true 18B at heart?

It only let me upload the reloading bench photos, so I will attach Guns in next post

Buck

Buck 01-02-2010 21:41

Now for the Guns

6 Attachment(s)
Enjoy...

Buck

The Reaper 01-02-2010 22:47

Well, I think we have already covered the pics of the guns here:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ad.php?t=10252

Nice man cave, BTW.:D

TR

Buck 01-02-2010 22:52

Doh, and I even did a search first

Sorry TR,
Totally missed that thread, sorry, I thought I covered everything in Ammo Talk, missed Weapons Discusion area, should this me moved the the previous thread?

Buck

The Reaper 01-02-2010 22:56

I think it is great as a "man cave" pics thread.

TR

Buck 01-02-2010 23:03

Cool

1 Attachment(s)
Missed one old gun, a Krag 30-40, ever fired one of those TR? out of all my rifles, and a few I didn't take a photo of, the Krag has the coolest sound when fired, prefer it over my Springfield O3

Buck

HowardCohodas 01-02-2010 23:34

There is something incongruous about the concept of man cave and the level of neatness displayed. :cool:

wet dog 01-03-2010 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowardCohodas (Post 306071)
There is something incongruous about the concept of man cave and the level of neatness displayed. :cool:

I agree with Buck's neatness as it pertains to weapons of death, but I bet the rest of his place looks like a scatter grenade went off.

My cave does...

By the way 'incongruous' is a great word, well done.

LarryW 01-03-2010 05:30

I gotta get off my dead a$$. My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap, old moldy Christmas decorations (as my son says "more than any straight man should have"), and boxes of clothes that homeless people wouldn't wear. Yeah, a grenade could go off down there and do a sh*&load of improvements! I gotta get off my dead a$$...

Five-O 01-03-2010 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryW (Post 306085)
My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap, ...

Blatant man rule violation....to the 2nd Degree. Ruling please?

Dozer523 01-03-2010 09:16

Quote:

I gotta get off my dead a$$. My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap, old moldy Christmas decorations (as my son says "more than any straight man should have"), and boxes of clothes that homeless people wouldn't wear. Yeah, a grenade could go off down there and do a sh*&load of improvements! I gotta get off my dead a$$...

Is she STILL down there bitching?

Buck 01-03-2010 10:07

This is funny, should be hung on the wall of all Mancaves

LarryW, not sure but that might definately be a violation for a bachelor, unless of course you like to knit, and wear womens clothes. You might need to through a team party and have some of us over some day and drag all that crap out... I bet it would make for a hell of a bonfire....lol.

I found this poster which I thought was hilarious, you can print it out, and hang it on your man cave wall. Warning, if you're married you might get prepared for some couch time if she reads this.

Link to "Rules and Orders" for women http://www.pcpotato.com/uploader/fil...-rules-800.jpg

Buck

The Reaper 01-03-2010 10:26

Quote:

I might need a ruling on this, but it sounds more like a "homo cave".

You need to get rid of that crap and fill the space up with unused sports and athletic gear, dead electronics, and of course, guns and ammo.

TR

Buck 01-03-2010 10:30

More Man Cave Guidelines...

These are some things you can replace the yarn and womens clothes with...

OK, things men need, and are allowed in the Man Cave.

- Humidor
- Poker table
- The heads of some dead animals mounted on the wall (at least 3, with one of them being a bison)
- A foot rest the length of the bar, made up from the barrels of Gatling guns and old pieces of steel from WWII Battleships
- A picture of THE DUKE behind the bar, which will be toasted to NIGHTLY. If you have to ask who THE DUKE is, get out of the Man Cave now!
- A picture of Sinatra across from the bar, perferrably in a plaid hat.
- a shelf next to every urinal where we can rest our beer mugs when in use
- a pool table, with only one working light bulb above it
- Red Grange's leather football helmet.
- The bat Babe Ruth used when he "called his shot"

Gents, other items needed?

Buck

Peregrino 01-03-2010 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Five-O (Post 306098)
Blatant man rule violation....to the 2nd Degree. Rulling please?

You get a temporary "permit for posession" until you can organize a "get her out of my life" party. With enough buddys and a pre-clean to make sure none of your stuff is mixed in with the junk, you should be able to get rid of it in a couple hours. It'll only cost beer and pizza, will restore your "man status", and will give you much needed space to tear down the Harley motor in the basement. Otherwise the next female to take up residence will adopt it as "hers" and start adding to the crap. (Just make sure the dump is open during party hours.)