Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 10-31-2012, 13:48   #61
head
Quiet Professional

The President will use Hurricane Sandy to avoid this scandal until after the election.

Old 10-31-2012, 14:37   #62
Cake_14N
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
And from what I’m reading the last few months on the internet some of the Special Operations Forces personnel would like the American people to know, they are out there, ready, trained and prepared to handle this sort of situation at a moment’s notice, and prepared to die if necessary to save American lives. Anywhere, anytime anyplace.

You tell me who stood down the dogs of war?

And why?
TS,

I am not Special Forces, I am not specially trained, but... given any chance at all my old, fat butt would have had my bags packed, weapons locked and loaded and I would have beat the crap out of anybody to get onto any type of aircraft inbound to help the Ambassador.
Cake
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.—The United States of America Pledge of Allegiance

Old 10-31-2012, 14:42   #63
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by head View Post
The President will use Hurricane Sandy to avoid this scandal until after the election.
Until this POS Administration is voted out of office..

For shame that They perpetrated this murder.

Holly

Write, write, write...
Old 11-01-2012, 12:37   #64
Stargazer
Guerrilla

Write, write, write...

I am going to let my voice be heard via the pen. If others are interested, I found this resource where you can send out a mass message to various media outlets.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/media/

Also, I will be sending a message to members of the following committees:

House - Government Oversight & Reform Committee
House - Intelligence Committee
House - Foreign Affairs Committe
Senate - Intelligence Committee
Senate - Armed Services
Senate - Foreign Relations

Old 11-01-2012, 19:31   #65
SF18C
Quiet Professional

Hey wait...MSNBC is saying that there was no dely in the resuce plan!

http://t.news.msn.com/us/us-official...-rescue-effort
"De Oppresso Liber"

Nomination for PS.com Quote of the Decade!

Old 11-01-2012, 21:53   #66
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF18C View Post

MSNBC - laughter

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” – President Obama
Remember the Alamo!

Old 11-01-2012, 22:48   #67
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF18C View Post

Man this is playing out to be a Wag the Dog as TR said.. Reminds me of Sam Shepard when him and Ryan Reynolds are talking at the end of the movie.

Quote:
Before elections, a spin-doctor and a Hollywood producer join efforts to "fabricate" a [war] in order to cover-up a presidential [sex] scandal.
Good thing Sandy came and walked all over the broadwalk.

Quote:
Less than an hour later, a heavily armed Libyan military unit arrives at the CIA annex to help evacuate all U.S. personnel and takes them to the airport.
First time I've heard this.. Saw an interview with Libyan President and he never said anything about this?? Hummm

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 11-01-2012 at 22:51.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:34   #68
Box
Quiet Professional

MSNBC can eat a di...

...a dinner
...a special dinner of steak and gravy
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, or The 1st Special Forces Regiment. The Department of Defense and subordinate elements bear no responsibility or liability for the content of these opinions. These opinions are provided purely as social commentary and entertainment and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

...Hillary Klint0n is NOT my president

Obama fires Admiral
Old 11-02-2012, 07:34   #69
cbtengr
Area Commander

Obama fires Admiral

Recd. this from a friend and tried to verify on MSM outlets but can only find it all over the fringe news outlets. If true he cannot possibly fire everyone who opposed his decision to let those men die. Why is there not more of an uproar out there about this.

http://dyn.politico.com/members/foru...readid=7179985

Old 11-02-2012, 09:30   #70
BKKMAN
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
Recd. this from a friend and tried to verify on MSM outlets but can only find it all over the fringe news outlets. If true he cannot possibly fire everyone who opposed his decision to let those men die. Why is there not more of an uproar out there about this.

Just f'in stop. This nonsense about the admiral and the Stennis Carrier Group has to stop. Those ships were in the Pacific Ocean on September 11th. They were in Thailand in early October.

More importantly:

"On Oct. 17, the strike group first entered the U. S. Fifth Fleet region, which is the Arabian Sea and surroundings."

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...ed-over-libya/

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/mi...3f95f2821.html

http://www.facebook.com/stennis74

http://www.dvidshub.net/news/96120/s...parts-thailand

http://www.phuketgazette.net/tv/details.asp?id=3225

Some of these rumors and RUMINT / CONSPINT coming out about Libya take less than 5 minutes to debunk. FFS, take the additional time when you hear a story and do some independent investigation and analysis.

This is the start of the article in the link to the forum post you posted:

Obama Fires Top Admiral As Coup Plot Fears Grows

"U.S. military commanders say Obama is incompetent as Commander n' Chief. Obama is guilty of dereliction of duty during the terrorist attacks in Benghazi, Libya.

A shocking new report prepared by the Foreign Military Intelligence Main Directorate (GRU) of the General Staff of the Armed Forces, and circulating in the Kremlin today, states that President Obama has fired one of the United States Navy’s most powerful Admirals over growing fears the US Military is planning an overthrow of his government.
"

If you want to frequent sites and read posts on forums where everyone wears tinfoil hats , that is your business, but please refrain from bringing that crap in here because it detracts from having an actual informed discussion on the issues (unless you want to put it over in the Comedy Zone, where it rightfully belongs)

It is not inequality which is the real misfortune, it is dependence. Voltaire

Is Petraeus becoming the target?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:31   #71
Stargazer
Guerrilla

Is Petraeus becoming the target?

Back on post #4 in this thread, I asked the question where is Petraeus in all of this. His initial narrative that was reported, with the ensuing silence.. never sat right with me.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/globa...ointing/58636/

Quote:
Cracks are beginning to show in the Obama administration's united front on the Benghazi consulate as blame for security failures shifts between the State Department and the CIA. Last night, starting around 6 p.m., the CIA began circulating the most comprehensive timeline yet of its response to the September 11 attack to reporters. The timeline showed that within 25 minutes of receiving calls for help, CIA operatives left their compound to assist the besieged consulate. But later on Thursday night, officials in the Obama administration leaked a series of damaging remarks about the CIA's handling of Benghazi to The Wall Street Journal with a slew of grievances directed at CIA Director David Petraeus.
Of all the players in this situation, I would have thought he would have been the first to do all he could to bring our guys home. But, I recall words a friend once shared with me.. 'it's all about the mission'... I am not sure what to think at this point.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...621061838.html

Petraeus falling into the backdrop raised a flag that there was more to the story -- CIA wise... I had no idea what it was and asked questions about how plausible the idea is about transferring arms to those fighting in Syria. I don't know all the details of the story, and for my part don't need to. For me, it's always been about supporting those in the fight... I guess for those like me, it becomes a double-edge. I believe it is a double-edge for those in the fight too, such as the times when you let a brother fall or send them into harms way knowing they may not come home... Because 'it's about the mission' at the strategic and tactical level -- but about the individuals at the personal/heart level. Did we lose those brave Americans because of dereliction of duty from those in command or it was necessary in order to protect the mission? It's why, I as a civilian and patriot, need to step back at this juncture. Not because I don't care but because I do -- out of my respect and desire to honor those who serve and stand for freedom. The cost of war has always been a heavy burden to bear whether you are the warrior in the battle or the one who stands silently beside them. We are truly a blessed nation. A nation with a long history of valiant warriors. Thank you.
"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. Doesn't matter if it's true or not.. a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in."~ Hub

Last edited by Stargazer; 11-02-2012 at 12:49. Reason: Amend my thought...

Old 11-02-2012, 11:42   #72
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post

That 'stuff' about a coup has been floating about crazy land since at least March....The originator of that politico post links to Asensionwithearth, which has also announced that 'Operation Green Light has been issued by Drake', which has something to do with the storyline........

This even fails Paslodean Logic

a command "in paper only"
Old 11-06-2012, 08:09   #73
Hammock
SF Candidate

a command "in paper only"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...repower/print/

"A military source familiar with the eight-hour Benghazi firefight provided this timeline to The Washington Times to answer the most central question surrounding the death of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans: Why did the U.S. military take no direct action to stop the two terrorists assaults? [...] But on Sept. 11, AfriCom was still a command "in paper only," as one former Bush administration official put it.

The military source told The Times, "AfriCom has very few assigned forces."

Gen. Ham lacked what is called a commander in-extremis force, which other combatant forces have set up to respond to crises such as Benghazi. He also lacked the assets to assemble a generic quick-reaction force.

As a result, the four-star general turned to a national response force in the United States on call 24 hours a day. He worked through the European Command to tab its commander in-extremis force. This unit was conducting training in Central Europe. It had to be briefed on the mission and taken to an airfield, a process that took hours. The national and European strike forces finally arrived in Sigonella air base in Sicily on Sept. 12.

"They both had something in common," the military source said. "When they both arrived on the 12th, the evacuation of the CIA base had already been completed."

As the two units flew to Sicily, Gen. Ham, a combat veteran of the Iraq War, looked at other options and saw few. He had no AC-130 gunships, which can be effective in urban combat by isolating and firing on enemy targets. He also had no armed drones such as the missile-carrying Predator that can strike a gunman precisely."

Old 11-08-2012, 05:31   #74
BrokenSwitch
Guerrilla

If it's true that GEN Ham had no In-Extremis Force, or any other response capability... then why was he even in the chain of command?

Questions
Old 11-10-2012, 09:59   #75
Firelord
Asset

Questions

A Question I would like to see asked and answered at the upcoming hearings on Benghazi in light of the Pentagon's recently released timeline. Keep in my mind I'm a layman here and I make no claims at being a tactician or strategist so my question may be self-explanatory to some.

In light of the multiple demonstrations across the middle east at American embassies, wouldn't it have been prudent to pre-position a quick reaction force somewhere? Particularly notable was the scaling of the embassy walls in Cairo, which I believe happened prior to the attack in Benghazi, which IMHO, should have made somebody nervous and say, "Hmm, maybe we should do something to be prepared in case an embassy is overun?"

While it seems to me that we are being spoon fed information; I still haven't seen anything that doesn't say we had a failure of leadership at the senior most level.