Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 10-29-2012, 10:48   #46
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Team Sergeant, Blackfive has an opinion piece called, "Beep... Beep... Beep.... If you go to the comments, an individual posted a link to a podcast where a former member of CIF, like yourself, shares his insight. He mentions that we know 4 died, but hear little about those that were injured. His closing words... "this is a serious issue, people were left to die"

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2012/1....html#comments
I've got no doubts that the American Ambassador and his staff were abandoned and left to die because the moron in the White House decided the lives of hundreds of armed radical muslims were more important than one American Ambassador and his staff.

As a former member of a CIF and as others have states on various blogs and websites this sort of situation is what the CIF's were created and train for and why they stand to 24/7- 365 days a year. I will also say without a doubt that given this mission the members of the CIF would have eager to rescue the American Ambassador and his staff by any means necessary.

The lives of the CIF members would not have been taken into account for this mission as this is what they were created for and why they exist. And by the time any CIF members would have hit the ground there would have been air support on station just waiting for the word to clear a path to the LZ. In just a few short minutes there "could" have been more fire power stationed over Benghazi then than the combined air forces of the entire Middle East. If memory serves there were at least 3-4 aircraft carrier battle groups within striking distance of Benghazi at the time. And I don't even need to mention the ground based units in Turkey and Italy. Think about this for a second, "What if" the United States decided to send a few fighters in for some very low level runs over the American Embassy and broke the sound barrier while doing so? I will guarantee that would have gotten the bad-guys attention knowing armed American were minutes away and closing fast.

More and more folks will be coming forward to answer the American public's questions concerning the lies and deceit originating from the White House.

Soon the real story will be leaked and we will know for a fact who told who to stand down and do nothing and allow the American Ambassador and others to be murdered.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:26   #47
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Very good read, may clear up some important questions while creating others.

[LINK DELETED -- TRIGGERS A VIRUS -- RL]

Seems most logical of anything reported by bloggers in the U.S.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” – President Obama
Remember the Alamo!

Last edited by Roguish Lawyer; 10-31-2012 at 09:36.

Old 10-29-2012, 15:18   #48
ironyoshi
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Very good read, may clear up some important questions while creating others.

[link deleted]

Seems most logical of anything reported by bloggers in the U.S.
That article was very troubling.

As to the central question, was the attack an inside job, Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith was a well-known member of the MMO Eve Online. He posted this, apparently a few hours before he died:

Quote:
"(12:54:09 PM) vile_rat: assuming we don't die tonight. We saw one of our 'police' that guard the compound taking pictures."
http://minx.cc/?post=332802

I think the dots may be connected.

Last edited by Roguish Lawyer; 10-31-2012 at 09:36.

Old 10-29-2012, 16:48   #49
ChuckG
Quiet Professional

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...=beforeitsnews

Little more fuel for the fire. I've never heard of this website but saw this article on Facebook. I've known Carter Ham since he was a 2LT in the 1/509th and was quite surprised to hear many sites bad mouthing him for inaction. Also was surprised when the White House announced his replacement at AFRICOM last week. I have always known him to be a stand up guy and if any of this is true, he doesn't deserve to leave the Army this way.

Old 10-29-2012, 16:52   #50
Dusty
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
More and more folks will be coming forward to answer the American public's questions concerning the lies and deceit originating from the White House.

Soon the real story will be leaked and we will know for a fact who told who to stand down and do nothing and allow the American Ambassador and others to be murdered.
When this incident gets washed out, it'll make Watergate seem insignificant.

Old 10-29-2012, 18:40   #51
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
When this incident gets washed out, it'll make Watergate seem insignificant.
Let's hope that it does indeed get washed out. I wish that I had the time and the money to be at every stop that Obama makes in the next week, holding a sign asking why he let this happen.

TRR: Is a General losing his job over Benghazi?
Old 10-30-2012, 08:25   #52
SouthernDZ
Quiet Professional

TRR: Is a General losing his job over Benghazi?

This was also posted yesterday on the Robbins Report. If GEN Ham did in fact ignore the order to stand down, I hope he stands up and says, "I did what I did because you don't leave a man behind - I'd do it again."

(Updated 10/29) Is an American General losing his job for trying to save the Americans besieged in Benghazi? This is the latest potential wrinkle in the growing scandal surrounding the September 11, 2012 terrorist attack that left four men dead and President Obama scrambling for a coherent explanation.
On October 18, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta appeared unexpectedly at an otherwise unrelated briefing on “Efforts to Enhance the Financial Health of the Force." News organizations and CSPAN were told beforehand there was no news value to the event and gave it scant coverage. In his brief remarks Mr. Panetta said, "Today I am very pleased to announce that President Obama will nominate General David Rodriguez to succeed General Carter Ham as commander of U.S. Africa Command.” This came as a surprise to many, since General Ham had only been in the position for a year and a half. The General is a very well regarded officer who made AFRICOM into a true Combatant Command after the ineffective leadership of his predecessor, General William E. "Kip" Ward. Later, word circulated informally that General Ham was scheduled to rotate out in March 2013 anyway, but according to Joint doctrine, "the tour length for combatant commanders and Defense agency directors is three years." Some assumed that he was leaving for unspecified personal reasons.

However on October 26, "Ambassador" posted the following RUMINT on TigerDroppings (h/t Jim Hoft):

I heard a story today from someone inside the military that I trust entirely. The story was in reference to General Ham that Panetta referenced in the quote below.

quote:
"(The) basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; without having some real-time information about what's taking place," Panetta told Pentagon reporters. "And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation."
The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.

General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.

The story continues that now General Rodiguez would take General Ham's place as the head of Africom.

This version of events contradicts Mr. Panetta’s October 25 statement that General Ham advised against intervention. But so far there is nothing solid to back it up. Maybe Ham attempted to send a reaction force against orders, or maybe he simply said the wrong thing to the wrong people. Perhaps he gave whomever he was talking to up the chain a piece of his mind about leaving Americans to die when there was a chance of saving them. At the very least U.S. forces might have made those who killed our people pay while they were still on the scene. The Obama White House is famously vindictive against perceived disloyalty – the administration would not let Ham get away with scolding them for failing to show the leadership necessary to save American lives. The Army's ethos is to leave no man behind, but that is not shared by a president accustomed to leading from that location.

The question remains why the repeated requests – which is to say desperate pleas – to send a relief force were refused. Perhaps Mr. Obama and his national security brain trust thought the terrorist assault would be a minor skirmish and quickly blow over. When it became clear that the attack was something more serious, they may have had visions of the rescue team getting involved in a Mogadishu-like firefight, a “Blackhawk Down 2.” This would have been too much for the risk-averse Mr. Obama, particularly in a Muslim country, and less than two months before the election. Instead they simply watched the live video hoped for the best. If there were American fatalities, they felt they could shift blame for the circumstance to the supposed Youtube video which they had already blamed for the riot at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo hours earlier. In fact the Embassy had sent out its “apology” tweets even before the Cairo riot commenced.

Hillary Clinton’s freakishly bizarre statement on September 14 is also worth noting. At a memorial service to the fallen she told Charles Woods, father of slain former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, that “we will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted." In that situation one would expect her to vow to take down the terrorists who killed Tyrone, not the supposed instigator of the spontaneous mob action that never happened.
But since when does the Secretary of State feel it is her duty to promise to have an American filmmaker who has committed no crime arrested? For all the bowing and scraping to Islam that has gone on in the last four years, blasphemy against that or any other faith is still not illegal in this country. The First Amendment still exists. It is strange that Mrs. Clinton believed that the parents of the slain Americans would empathize with her outrage at the filmmaker, rather than reserve their anger for the extremists who actually did the killing. But as Mr. Woods said, he "could tell that she was not telling me the truth." Indeed the truth has been the fifth casualty in this entire tragic affair.

UPDATE: On Sunday October 28 I received the following communique from Pentagon Press Secretary George Little:

"The insinuations in your story are flat wrong. General Ham is an outstanding leader of AFRICOM. Future leadership changes at this important command have absolutely nothing to do with the attack on American personnel in Benghazi. The leadership changes have been long planned."

Of course I never suggested that General Ham was anything other than an outstanding leader of AFRICOM and in fact said as much. But why is an outstanding leader of this important command leaving after less than two years when all other combatant commanders have longer tenures? General Ham's predecessor stayed in the job much longer and was generally less well regarded. Further discussion of these issues may help begin to restore the administration's credibility on the Benghazi issue.

UPDATE 2: On Monday October 29 General Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff, released the following statement:
"The speculation that General Carter Ham is departing Africa Command (AFRICOM) due to events in Benghazi, Libya on 11 September 2012 is absolutely false. General Ham's departure is part of routine succession planning that has been on going since July. He continues to serve in AFRICOM with my complete confidence."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...over-benghazi/

The American people deserve to know the truth
Old 10-30-2012, 12:46   #53
Stargazer
Guerrilla

LYONS: Obama needs to come clean on what happened in Benghazi

Quote:
There is an urgent need for full disclosure of what has become the “Benghazi Betrayal and Cover-up.” The Obama national security team, including CIA, DNI and the Pentagon, apparently watched and listened to the assault on the U.S. consulate and cries for help but did nothing. If someone had described a fictional situation with a similar scenario and described our leadership ignoring the pleas for help, I would have said it was not realistic—not in my America – but I would have been proven wrong.

Read more: LYONS: Obama needs to come clean on what happened in Benghazi - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2AoFQsRrf
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
I hope those who have knowledge continue to step forward... this really needs to catch the attention of the American public.

Old 10-30-2012, 13:02   #54
levinj
Auxiliary

Maybe I'm naive, but the implications of these articles are shocking, even beyond leaving our Ambassador and his personnel to die. Can we really be so stupid as to start providing Islamist terrorist cells weaponry again and just trust they won't eventually use them on us?

Haven't we done this dance before?

Old 10-30-2012, 15:46   #55
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I've got no doubts that the American Ambassador and his staff were abandoned and left to die because the moron in the White House decided the lives of hundreds of armed radical muslims were more important than one American Ambassador and his staff.

Some Obama folks continue to banter, "This needs the American Public's attention."

If only they really believed that...but they have been mis-lead to believe that the big O really gives a good god damn, when he could give two shits about our military...period.

If this incident does not showcse his coplete lack of interest in Our Bravest doing what they do for a living....nothing will. What a pos sack of shit this administration is.

Holly

Old 10-31-2012, 09:08   #56
Dusty
Quiet Professional

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/31/gi...nghazi-rescue/

On Tuesday night’s “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren” on the Fox News Channel, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said that major news networks might have secret emails proving that the White House canceled plans to assist the besieged U.S. Embassy in Benghazi.

Gingrich said that the bombshell emails could be revealed within the next two days.
“There is a rumor — I want to be clear, it’s a rumor — that at least two networks have emails from the National Security Adviser’s office telling a counterterrorism group to stand down,” Gingrich said. “But they were a group in real-time trying to mobilize marines and C-130s and the fighter aircraft, and they were told explicitly by the White House stand down and do nothing. This is not a terrorist action. If that is true, and I’ve been told this by a fairly reliable U.S. senator, if that is true and comes out, I think it raises enormous questions about the president’s role, and Tom Donilon, the National Security Adviser’s role, the Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, who has taken it on his own shoulders, that he said don’t go. And that is, I think, very dubious, given that the president said he had instructions they are supposed to do everything they could to secure American personnel.”

After noting that the rumor, if true, would have a substantial impact on the presidential election, Gingrich pointed to another possible “October surprise” in the coming days.

“The other big story, I think, that is going to break is on corruption and extraordinary waste in the solar power grants and direct involvement by the Obama White House, including the president, in the solar panel grants involving billions of dollars, and I suspect that’s going to break Wednesday and Thursday of this week,” Gingrich added.

Snip

Old 10-31-2012, 10:32   #57
Badger52
Area Commander

I get my CRS attacks from time to time but not once can I ever recall - SoM, Bn promo boards, guard mount, reception station to final 214 - having to include the national security adviser in my recitation of my chain-of-command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
[url]“The other big story, I think, that is going to break is on corruption and extraordinary waste in the solar power grants and direct involvement by the Obama White House, including the president, in the solar panel grants involving billions of dollars, and I suspect that’s going to break Wednesday and Thursday of this week,” Gingrich added.

Snip
Thanks for that - LMAO. Bad loans to solar companies? How many does it take?

Old 10-31-2012, 10:34   #58
bjm300
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Team Sergeant, Blackfive has an opinion piece called, "Beep... Beep... Beep.... If you go to the comments, an individual posted a link to a podcast where a former member of CIF, like yourself, shares his insight. He mentions that we know 4 died, but hear little about those that were injured. His closing words... "this is a serious issue, people were left to die"

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2012/1....html#comments

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2012/1...ver-heard.html

this is a response to that article. thought it hit the nail on the head.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:07   #59
Cool Breeze
Quiet Professional

Unfortunately, the lack of response is nothing new. REMFs and politicians pull strings to cover their asses and guys on the ground suffer. How many times did the army and USMC studs call for air support (denied) when the young jarhead and others tried to get the four guys out of the village in AFG? A MOH and many deaths after the fact brought that to lite.
It is always an issue when guys are left to die by some mother f'r who is worried about promotion points or re-election and not the guys they are responsible for. Sad fact is that it has happened since Roman times and will continue to happen.
Best thing we can do is stop it if we are on the ground, or bring it out in the open so those responsible can pay. Hopefully this thread will help with that but I have my doubts.

EH

Old 10-31-2012, 13:33   #60
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Screw it up. Cover it up. Dance around. Look for scapegoats.
Same ol s***.
Just more evidence of aTotally incompetent administration. Disgusting!
Lazy Bob Ranch