Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 10-13-2017, 06:10   #16
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Is this simply the modern version of the moonshine era of old?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MoonshineWide.jpg (77.2 KB, 40 views)

Old 10-14-2017, 18:47   #17
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

I met a traveler who hails from the area where the fires started at a local Outback Steakhouse last night and a discussion about the situation came up. I asked if the media was correct in stating that the fires were started by high winds knocking down power lines and the ensuing sparks were the source of ignition. His response was that although he had heard that, too, it didn't explain how the fires sprang up in 14 different areas. Anybody else hear about multiple ignition sites?

Old 10-14-2017, 19:11   #18
Brush Okie
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMAHAWK9521 View Post
I met a traveler who hails from the area where the fires started at a local Outback Steakhouse last night and a discussion about the situation came up. I asked if the media was correct in stating that the fires were started by high winds knocking down power lines and the ensuing sparks were the source of ignition. His response was that although he had heard that, too, it didn't explain how the fires sprang up in 14 different areas. Anybody else hear about multiple ignition sites?
There were multi ignition sites as reported by the media on the first day. My first thought was arson. I know they had high winds and the local power company likes to pencil whip their maintance records to save money. That would be PG&E. It would not be the first person they killed due to this act and will not be the last.

Old 10-14-2017, 20:37   #19
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I thought the same thing.

This is a technique that has been successfully employed before.

Does tremendous damage and ties up huge resources.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2017

Old 10-15-2017, 10:06   #20
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I thought the same thing.

This is a technique that has been successfully employed before.

Does tremendous damage and ties up huge resources.

TR

I'd imagine if the power lines came down in multiple areas it would look like arson..........

Driving around in parts of calif and viewing how they build houses, anywhere and everywhere in a high planes desert with lots of foliage and constant high winds
you think they learn by now.

The only reason Arizona is not constantly on fire (and we have lots of fires) is the lack of high winds and lack of foliage. (In the Phoenix area anyway.) Northern Arizona, lots of fires.

PG&E Warns Power Lines Not Rated to Withstand 60 MPH Weekend Winds

By CHRISS W. STREET14 Oct 2017Newport Beach, CA41

Friday night wind gusts of 55-miles an hour forced mandatory Wine Country evacuations as PG&E warned their electrical lines are only rated up to handle 56-mile an hour winds.
Breitbart News reported that Wine Country temperatures were expected to steadily rise by 14 degrees and winds gusts could hit 60-miles an hour over the weekend. But as temperatures began to rise and wind gusts rose up to 55-miles per hour on Friday night, the National Weather Service raised its Sunday and Monday forecasted highs by 2 degrees to 88-degrees. The higher temperatures increase the risk of stronger winds.

Pacific Gas & Electric stock (PCG: NYSE) plunged by 17 percent over the last two days after reports that Sonoma and Napa County emergency dispatchers sent crews out on Tuesday and Wednesday to investigate reports of over a dozen down powerlines and numerous exploding transformers as wind gusts may have magnified the firestorm.

PG&E told the local Fox News affiliate, “The historic wind event that swept across PG&E service area late Sunday and early Monday packed hurricane-strength winds in excess of 75 mph in some cases.” The wind speeds are important because powerlines under California Public Utility rules must be rated to sustain 56-miles an hour winds for 60 seconds. Hurricane winds are defined as a minimum of 75-miles per hour winds for a 60 second period.

advertisement

PG&E blamed high winds for downing powerlines after five years of drought, coupled with “recent renewed vegetation growth from winter storms,” contributed to “trees, branches and debris impacting our electric lines across the North Bay.” Their spokesman added, “Where those have occurred, we have reported them to the CPUC and CalFire. Our thoughts are with all those individuals who were impacted by these devastating wildfires.”

CalFire, that coordinates state and local fire authority response, responded to press inquiries by stating its investigators are out in the field and have not ruled out any cause for the fire.

But liability attorney Frank Pitre told the Mercury News that “This is classic PG&E — trying to spin things without first taking a look at the hard facts.” He claims that the wind gusts peaked at only 32 miles per hour, meaning that the “winds were well within the threshold of design standards. If they failed, this was a failure in their system.”

PG&E in 2015 paid a record Public Utility Commission fine $1.6 billion for the San Bruno gas pipeline explosion that caused the death of 8 people and an $8.3 million fine for the Butte Fire that burned 71,000 acres and destroyed 921 structures. In both cases, PG&E did not communicate quickly enough the contributing failure of its infrastructure.

The potential liability for PG&E in the Wine Country fires could be extraordinary. Northern California’s 2015 Valley and Butte fires that burned 150,000 acres, caused 8 deaths, destroyed 2,776 structures was estimated by California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones to have caused about $1 billion in insurance losses. But this year’s Wine Country fires have burned at least 178,000 acres, caused 36 deaths, left 250 missing and destroyed at least 6,400 structures.

The Valley and Butte fires were mostly in very rural or mountainous areas where homes are relatively inexpensive for the state. But this year’s fires have burned through the heart of the California’s fabled Wine Country where a 1,412 square-foot postage stamp 2 bedroom home in Napa is offered for $838,0000, and many “sustainable” homes are offered from $2.3 million to $9.8 million.

cont:
http://www.breitbart.com/california/...weekend-winds/

Old 10-15-2017, 11:08   #21
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Quote:
PG&E Warns Power Lines Not Rated to Withstand 60 MPH Weekend Winds

By CHRISS W. STREET14 Oct 2017Newport Beach, CA41

Friday night wind gusts of 55-miles an hour forced mandatory Wine Country evacuations as PG&E warned their electrical lines are only rated up to handle 56-mile an hour winds.
Your shiiten me..

My house in the Key's was built to 150MPH wind load in 1997.. After Irma. the 20yo roof only lost 5 -10 % of the shingles.

Our power grid is/was upgraded to 200+ MPH

We would get 50MPH winds frequently, as the summer storms pass thru..

Talk about your head in the sand hippy culture, Gov Brown,, right up there with the Mayors of NOLA and SJPR..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Old 10-15-2017, 11:53   #22
Brush Okie
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Your shiiten me..

My house in the Key's was built to 150MPH wind load in 1997.. After Irma. the 20yo roof only lost 5 -10 % of the shingles.

Our power grid is/was upgraded to 200+ MPH

We would get 50MPH winds frequently, as the summer storms pass thru..

Talk about your head in the sand hippy culture, Gov Brown,, right up there with the Mayors of NOLA and SJPR..
PG&E is a shit bag company. They have falsified maintance records for years. A fow years ago there was a gas explosion killing several people due to this. In Eureaka there was a nuke plant that used to be there now torn down. When radiation dectors at a nearby school were to high the solution was to remove them. A guy that retired from there told me they stack alarms would go off for high raduiation so they would disable them. Not surprisngly there is a huge cancer cluster in the neighorhood next to the plant.

Old 10-15-2017, 21:51   #23
Golf1echo
Guerrilla Chief

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Oh my...a friend of mine just got back with me, he said one of the fires missed their house by about a mile and they will get to return tomorrow. He mentioned an arsonist was arrested for setting fire a half mile from his home, that fire is under control now...I'll skip what he said about that.
Drone footage, very sad but am relieved they are alright. Terrible and devastating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItcrGFBn39A

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 10-15-2017 at 22:01.

Old 10-15-2017, 22:15   #24
PSM
Area Commander

I hate to have to say this since we still have friends and family in CA, but I DON'T CARE!

They have created a stupid state that worries more about "the environment" (while destroying it) than the citizens. I moved to CA in '76 when Jerry Brown first got elected. Driving by Van Nuys airport during fire season, there were several C-130s lined up with aerial spraying gear attached to the wings and tanks in the hold. Brown gets in and the firefighter's unions get him to outlaw the National Guard from fighting fires so the aircraft and mission were stripped. Then the watermelons (green on the outside but red on the inside) cried when natural fires were let to burn, so they all had to be extinguished and the dry debris built up on the forest floor for years. Now, when a fire, or fires start, they become wildfires quicker than nature intended.

Elf them! They are too stupid to live.

I'd like to say (/rant over) but that wasn't a rant, it was facts.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Old 10-16-2017, 05:04   #25
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
I hate to have to say this since we still have friends and family in CA, but I DON'T CARE!

They have created a stupid state that worries more about "the environment" (while destroying it) than the citizens. I moved to CA in '76 when Jerry Brown first got elected. Driving by Van Nuys airport during fire season, there were several C-130s lined up with aerial spraying gear attached to the wings and tanks in the hold. Brown gets in and the firefighter's unions get him to outlaw the National Guard from fighting fires so the aircraft and mission were stripped. Then the watermelons (green on the outside but red on the inside) cried when natural fires were let to burn,so they all had to be extinguished and the dry debris built up on the forest floor for years. Now, when a fire, or fires start, they become wildfires quicker than nature intended.

Elf them! They are too stupid to live.

I'd like to say (/rant over) but that wasn't a rant, it was facts.

Pat

Agreed 100%,,
Watermelons,, catchie,, I will use this..

Even in the Keys (more sub-tropic than anything in Ca), We pushed to have controlled burns on the larger islands to protect the endangered species:

Schaus Swallowtail Butterfly.
Key Deer.
Lower Keys Marsh Rabbit.
Key Largo Cotton Mouse.
Key Largo Woodrat.
Sea Turtles.
American Alligator.

Took years to get the Watermelons convinced that it was not just an excuse to have a red-neck BBQ..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Old 10-16-2017, 09:57   #26
bblhead672
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
PG&E is a shit bag company. They have falsified maintance records for years. A fow years ago there was a gas explosion killing several people due to this. In Eureaka there was a nuke plant that used to be there now torn down. When radiation dectors at a nearby school were to high the solution was to remove them. A guy that retired from there told me they stack alarms would go off for high raduiation so they would disable them. Not surprisngly there is a huge cancer cluster in the neighorhood next to the plant.
Just watched the movie "Erin Brockovich" this weekend. Reminded me what a disgusting company PG&E has been and apparently still is even after paying out hundreds of millions in damages to citizens it poisoned.