Old 01-01-2013, 02:56   #766
Smokeless
Asset

Understood!

Roger on the name change, sir! I was PM'd the moment my introduction set foot in the door, action is being taken. You have a thousand of my apologies to weilding an MOS I haven't earned yet, you all have my thanks not only for your service, but for still welcoming me regardless of the impudent conduct I presented. Thank you again.
Smokeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:34   #767
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

So tell me what you want it changed to, TRUST me, you don't want to leave it up to us!!
Old 01-01-2013, 17:28   #768
mkbar80
Asset

Greetings to the membership,

I am a civilian father of two young children. I was directed here by a friend as a resource for DIY and self-sufficiency items. I have found this site invaluable in the basic responsibilities I have to look after my family, as well as a place to continue to learn about being more self reliant with things around my home.

Thanks in advance to PS for sharing their vast knowledge with the rest of us,
MK
mkbar80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:29   #769
Rikow
Asset

Introduction

Hello, my name's Patrick. I'm a 13M SGT, currently stationed on CP Casey, South Korea. I've been in the Army for about four and a half years and I'm looking to join the Special Forces. Right now I'm not sure when I'll be attending selection, but a friend told me about this forum so I figured I'd come here and learn more about what I'm getting into.
Rikow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:36   #770
mad0914
Asset

Introduction

Good morning,

My name is Mark, originally from North Carolina but I currently reside in New Jersey with my wife and daughter. I spent 5 years in the Corps and looking to enter the National Guard and hopefully be a part of the 19th or 20th Special Forces Groups. I have been an avid reader on this website for about 2 years now and finally decided to become a member. There is a wealth of information on this website that will better prepare me for my future endeavors. And thanks to all who have served and are still serving.

Mark
mad0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:23   #771
KKlix
Asset

Good Morning

Hello,

My name is Kris I am 27 years old currently serving as a Detail Recruiter in California. I have been in the Army for a little over six and a half years, I am an Infantryman and have served in the 173rd Airborne and the 82nd Airborne with combat deployments to both Afghanistan and Iraq. I was referred by a good friend who said there is lots of information here and I look forward to learning from everyone. I would also like to thank each of you who have and who are currently serving.

Respectfully,

Kris Klix
KKlix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28   #772
Iceman2
SF Candidate

Introduction

Name is Jeff I am 30 and have been in the regular Army for going on 8 years in February. I am a 13 B and am looking at class 5-13 for now couldn't get packet approved in time for 4-13. I look to this website for advice on a regular basis and utilize what I learn daily. I appreciate all the help and will continue to use this site in the future. Thanks in advance to everyone.
Iceman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 20:45   #773
HNEP
Asset

Hey guys, names Hunter, waiting to leave for basic. Had a big recruiting battle to get my 18x, qualified, then lost it due to ADHD waiver. Now I'm 11x leaving for Benning later this month, hoping to get a chance at selection as soon as possible!
HNEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 20:56   #774
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
So tell me what you want it changed to, TRUST me, you don't want to leave it up to us!!
18B Wannabe sounds good.

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 21:14   #775
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeless View Post
Roger on the name change, sir! I was PM'd the moment my introduction set foot in the door, action is being taken. You have a thousand of my apologies to weilding an MOS I haven't earned yet, you all have my thanks not only for your service, but for still welcoming me regardless of the impudent conduct I presented. Thank you again.
Too late.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2017
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 22:15   #776
Smokeless
Asset

Thanks!

Nice transition from "Smokey" to whoever had the idea.

Thank you again for the assistance on that, the infinite knowledge all over this site, and the welcoming of my visit here.

I've posted more than enough already, backing out!
Smokeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 16:33   #777
556 Shooter
Asset

New guy

I'm a Vet with 12yrs Army time. We will just leave it at that.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
556 Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 17:34   #778
AIMSP
Asset

Hello All!

Happy New Year's!!

I am a new member here, and I would like to introduce myself as a true fan and admirer to our military, especially the Army Special Forces.

I am a electrical engineering student in college, and would like to serve in our Military after college. I have always wanted to serve since I was a little boy, and have prepared myself physically and mentally.

Also, I have been active in my community and been striving to be a good citizen. In high school, I have been involved in a multitude of clubs, sports, volunteering, and have achieved alot in academics. I have achieved leadership and distinction in all activities I set out for. Also, I tend to go for hobbies that promote self-growth (ie music over video games)

Right now, I am just in college, focusing on school and employment, giving each my own. All the jobs I had, I seemed to have success and recognition.

The reason I briefly mention what I have, was to just to make sure you guys know that I am serious about success, and more importantly serving this Great Country. Im not trying to jock myself up, as I wouldn't hold a candle to anyone here. I'm not some late twenties troll, who plays video games, working a menial job, doing nothing with his life.

Also, I am just a mere and humble guest in your house, and I thank you all deeply here for welcoming me. More importantly, I thank all the former Military members here, who have served us and protected us.

As I mentioned earlier, I have aspirations to serve this country, and would love to serve as a US Army Special Forces soldier. I am not looking to do it for fame our status, or the 'Beret', but because I really believe in its mission, especially with FID and empowering others.

I love the motto of liberating the oppressed, and how its mission is crucial to establishing democracy, while risking as little American lives as possible (force multipliers). I am also in awe of how this unit seems to breed the consummate warrior, being skilled in all aspects of soldiering, while maintaining for themselves their diplomatic skills.

In conclusion, I want to just re-emphasize my gratitude for all those who serve. I also thank everyone here for welcoming me, and I look to contribute as much as this civilian puke can, especially with meaningful and enlightening questions.

Andrew
Old 01-06-2013, 18:15   #779
Chris9070
Asset

Introduction..

Good Afternoon,

Currently an Air Force ROTC cadet looking to switch over to Army ROTC this week.

I'm a third-year college student studying Econ/International Relations, and I'm very passionate about the SF mission-De Oppresso Liber.

Overall, I'm a charismatic, practical, and dependable young man looking to make my mark in the world.

V/R,
C9070
Chris9070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38   #780
SGT.Gardner
Asset

My name is Kevin Gardner
I was Medically Discharged on 20 Jan 2010 From the Army out of FT. Lewis WA. Before I was in the Army I made the mistake of joining the Navy, My time in the Navy saw me through Enginemen A school 6 weeks of BUDS training for the purpose of being a glorified water Taxi driver for those adrenalin seeking Sailors, Sere school as well as the navy’s tactical driving course, I know right.

Shortly after I left the Navy I joined the Army as an 88M. upon deploying to Iraq with 10th mountain 4th brigade out of FT. Polk LA our Battalion Commander was tasked with sending qualified soldiers to the NPTT (national police training team.) My commander told me that the reason why I was chosen to go to the team was because of the training I had received in the navy.

I enjoyed the time I had with those Professionals and I learned a lot. Towards the end of my tour we were heading back to the camp liberty when we were struck by a EFP that was behind one of those dam concrete barriers that are all over that country. I was told that I suffered minor wounds, and sent back to full duty after a month of being laid up. No rest for the wicked, upon returning to the states I PCS to FT Lewis were I went back to a transportation company.

After being on a small team I discovered that I struggled somewhat with the attitudes of my fellow soldiers, to me it was hard to deal with people who did not have that bond that I had had with the other guys on the NPTT team.

A few weeks went by and one morning at pt I saw a line of busses standing in formation a First Sergeant had asked if anyone would like to join SF. My commander pointed at me and said try SPC Gardner, so I got on the bus took a little trip answered some question did a lot of PT and then a physical, well my physical is what killed any chance I had at finding a home in SF, it turns out that the Shrapnel I had taken in Iraq had made hamburger out of my cartilage and the muscles around my right knee did not knit right when it healed. Not only was I not able to join SF but I was medically discharged 3 months later effectively ending my career in the Army.

What I never understood was why I did not let my injury bother me through everything we did no matter how hard it was to me it was a discomfort, but now it hurts every day. I am now a medically retired E-5, I live in Ford WA, and I find that even here I cannot connect with other veterans and then I stumbled upon this forum and thought I would give it a shot.

I know I was never SF but I want to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to sit and laugh with you all. and I do know there is nothing redacted on my DD-214 did not lose my files in a fire, the files from the Army are not secret , oh there are some things missing but that’s from Lazy NCO’S that did not want to do the paper work we all know how that is. I am married I have 2 daughters one 4 the other 7.

One thing I can say is I was extremely lucky to be given a chance to try out.