Old 06-14-2014, 17:43   #1561
LANG21B
Asset

Hello,

My name is Stephen. I served 6 years in the LA national guard as a 21B.

I served with 5th Group in Iraq and that was pretty much that start of my interest in the special forces community.

I finished my college degree program and now training to go active duty with the hopes of attending/completing the selection process.

I am new here so I will do a lot of reading.

Cheers
LANG21B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 23:00   #1562
agv1700
Asset

intro

My names Angel.

Going to selection in October of this year, busting my ass with PT, and trying to gather as much info/advice possible from here.

Been in the Army for 11 yrs active now, have always wanted to serve in/with SF ever since my first interaction with them in the early years of OIF and have finally decided to pull the plug.

I hope to learn as much as possible from the site, and to help out with whatever info I may be able to give in the future. Im pretty excited, just worried that I am not as physically able and young as I once was (I'm 29), and able to recover or bounce back as nimbly as before. PM me if you have any questions.
agv1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 20:18   #1563
blackcanyon
Asset

Recently got out of the Army and switched to NG, living in Summit County, CO taking paramedic classes while training for selection. Running, rucking and lifting at altitude while waiting for a SFRE date.
blackcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 21:51   #1564
NickVasos
Asset

Hello all. My name is Nicholas, but please, just call me Vasos. US Army Reservist of 4 years, doing the whole "college thing", and will be for 4 more. Currently fighting like hell, and believe me, it's hell, to get active duty. I have unconditional respect, and admiration, for any active unit/member of any branch, as well as the special operations community. Lastly, I would like to say thank you to all who are serving, have served, and those who have given everything; the world needs more men/women like you.

-Vasos

Forgive your enemy, but remember the bastard's name.
NickVasos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:06   #1565
mbd7891
Asset

YG '11 Officer

I am a YG '11 officer who was accessed into CA after the most recent ARSOF board. Have been wanting to go to SFAS for years, but understand that the Big Green Machine has a way of rolling. I still want the chance to attend SFAS but at this point I would need some help. If anyone knows a senior SF officer or NCO that would be willing to help or even to listen, please put me in contact.

Was a top 10% ROTC grad, commandant's list, Ranger/Jumpmaster, and been an infantry PL in the 82nd for 23 months where I've been top 10%. 348 on my last APFT, 1:04 on my last 10 mile run, 33:06 my last 5 mile run, 2:21 my last 12 mile ruck.

Will serve my country either way but doesn't mean I have to take no for an answer. Thanks for any help or advice.
mbd7891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:25   #1566
docvee
Asset

Introduction

Greetings Gents,

I was told about this site a short time ago and am pleased to post my introduction here. I served as an 18D with B/3/10 from 82-84 and with B/3/7 from 85-87 after a short stint at DLI Monterrey. I spent my last two years in SWC with Phase 1 and Med Lab, got out in March of 90.

Ive recently returned from four years in Afghanistan and Iraq with the U.S. State Dept. Diplomatic Security Service and now work as an instructor at their Training Facility in Summit Point, WV. I look forward to reading the daily posts here and hopefully bump into a few guys I havent heard from in a while.
docvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 15:14   #1567
mxmike27
Asset

Introduction

QP's and board members,

I enlisted in the OHNG in 2010, was deployed in support of OEF 2011-2012. Currently an 11B in the Sniper section. I study finance at Ohio University and am currently in an internship on Park Avenue for an investment firm (NYC).
I've been a long time reader of the forums and greatly appreciate all the wisdom laced throughout these threads. I hope to begin training with the 19th group out of Columbus, OH in the near future and attend selection before graduating college.
mxmike27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:51   #1568
ASoldiersDad
Asset

A Thank you from a Soldiers Dad

I have been lurking on your sight since i found it back in September of 2013. I first want to thank all of you for your service, I was born on the 4th of July and bleed Red, White, and Blue.
Last year our son enlisted into the 18X program. He has always wanted to go into the service, but he completed college with honors, and after a year or so out of school he decided it was time.
Knowing very little about the options, I did my homework and it helped me have serious conversation with him as he was deciding on his contract. Most of what I learned came from this site.
I'm very happy to say that he has completed OSUT, Airborne at Fort Benning, and more recently was "Selected at Fort Bragg SFAS. He currently is in the "Q" Course and doing well.
I just wanted to say to all the parents who are searching for information, it is in here, use the search functions and you will find answers.

Thanks for all the help!
ASoldiersDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:39   #1569
Triman19
Asset

Returning after a break

Good Afternoon,
I hope this finds everyone in good spirits. I have taken some time off and thought I would reintroduce myself. I spent some time with Psychological Operations and the Infantry as well. I am currently in training for an opportunity to try out for a training team with the intent on earning a spot at SFAS when I have proven myself worthy. I am a LEO and enjoy studying and learning new things. This site is *outstanding* and is an amazing resource. I have always appreciated the information and the members here. Thanks for having me.

Very Respectfully,
Triman19

Triman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:21   #1570
Iron Kn1ght
Asset

Intro Post

Hello, I'm PFC Raysor. I'm an infantryman stationed out of Ft. Carson, and have the privilege of being less than a mile from the SF compound here. I have nothing but the utmost respect for SF, and would have gone with an 18x contract if I were old enough when I enlisted. I'm 19 now and plan to go to Selection next year after I turn 20 in May. I'm PTing almost three times everyday and study land nav and the Ranger Handbook religiously. I'm hoping that I'll be able to go for an EIB or Ranger School in the near future. My overall goal is to go 18D
Old 06-22-2014, 20:17   #1571
jjboyle93
Asset

Introduction

Hello,

I am 21 years of age and a senior in the Penn State Army ROTC program. I have been interested and researching the Special Forces community off and on for three years now and find a very strong motivation to become part of the community. I will be assigned a branch within the next year and start my service at either the end of 2015 or the beginning of 2016.

Thank you for the opportunity to read and discuss on this forum and I look forward to learning from the best.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

-JJ
jjboyle93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 23:07   #1572
gjurgens
Asset

Intro

22 years old. Finishing B.S. in construction management at Colorado State in May 2015. Being recruited as an 18X. Hoping to start my journey as soon as I graduate. Wrestler, Crossfit, Hunting/Fishing, SOF enthusiast.

Very Respectfully
gjurgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 18:31   #1573
benzarzen
Asset

Rising high school junior who hopes to enlist as an 18X after college.
benzarzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:01   #1574
SkipperToo
Asset

Gre! Introduction

Hello everyone. I am Darron. I hail from a farm in a small town just outside Kansas City. Yes, I am a huge Chiefs fan.

I am married to my beautiful wife Nicole. We do not have kids but do have 3 dogs and a Parrott.

I am a 14 year veteran of the Army. I am currently a SFC/E7 as a Satellite Communications Chief. I have served all over the world from South Korea to Mongolia to my current duty station in Germany. I have been a MOS instructor for AIT soldier (not the easiest job, but definitely one of the most rewarding). I have served combat tours in Iraq and the Southern Philippines (Counter Piracy). When I joined the Army after graduating High School, I mainly did so out of spite towards my mother because I did not want to go to the college she directed me to. So, I simply took charge of my life and made the best decision for me. I have since advanced through the ranks and learned what it means to truly love and serve our country. I wouldn't change my decision for anything.

I am currently enrolled in the University of Maryland University College. I am roughly four classes away from my BA in Small Business Management.

Growing up on a farm engrained the love of the outdoors. Naturally most of my hobbies are outdoors. I am a hunter/fisherman. I like hiking, running and almost any water sport from water skiing to SCUBA. My two main passions, though, are Skydiving and Sailing. Aside from my hobbies, I love spending time with my family and learning new things.

So the big question: Why did I join the site?
I sat down a few months ago and I did a deep evaluation of my career and where I wanted to be in the next 10-15 years. I decided that I was not ready to maintain a desk job, when my desire to serve the Army and the Country is at its greatest and most fulfilled when I am in field. So, I did what any NCO would do and started asking my mentors and various colleagues what they thought about what I was dealing with. One mentioned that I should look into Special Forces. I contacted a recruiter to confirm that I still qualify to join. The next step, as many of you know, is to get the physical and volunteer packet down. Now I will admit that I will that I was in mediocre shape. I have focused on getting back in to top shape. Recently I picked up the Book Get Selected. It mentioned this website as a tool to use to answer question and talk with members of the community. There are many people that consistently question me as to WHY,I want to join SF after so many years and at my age. My response is always: age is a only a number and my time in service will only end with the Army dragging me out kicking and screaming (in a good way). I am an active person, I see how the Army is changing and believe that I can learn from and contribute to the SF community. Long term, I want to complete 30 years in the Army. So, I see this as a beginning to a new chapter in my career. I attend SFAS in October.

I will continue to peruse this website and search my questions. I will also appreciate and advice, conversation or general friendship that may brood within.

Thank you all for your service and I look forward to talking with you

Take care,
Darron
SkipperToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:37   #1575
Kar358
Asset

Hello!

Last edited by Kar358; 11-07-2014 at 16:32.
Kar358 is offline   Reply With Quote