Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2017, 07:40   #76
Agoge2
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
Some sheep resent your remarks
I stand corrected....
Agoge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:17   #77
pcfixer
Guerrilla
 
pcfixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
The support for opposition to the Statist/Globalist agenda appears strong but the left is well organized, well funded and ruthless.

It is time for our society to acknowledge a sad truth: America is currently fighting its second Civil War.

In fact, with the obvious and enormous exception of attitudes toward slavery, Americans are more divided morally, ideologically and politically today than they were during the Civil War. For that reason, just as the Great War came to be known as World War I once there was World War II, the Civil War will become known as the First Civil War when more Americans come to regard the current battle as the Second Civil War.
I agree tonyz. Mainly of open boarders and globalism. Socialist tendency and government gives people a free ride in society with the elitism.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:18   #78
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,264
Duke University Training Students For Anti-Trump Activism

PETER HASSON
Reporter, Associate Editor
Daily Caller
2/09/17

Duke University is sponsoring a workshop for the purpose of training students to engage in activism against President Trump’s administration.

LGBTQA activist Mandy Carter will lead the February 15 event, which is titled “Ideas for Activism in the Time of Trump.”

The university-sponsored event will focus on “Understanding the importance of the changing of hearts and minds and the changing of public policy in social justice movements,” and “How our North Carolina Moral Monday Movement can be a model of a diverse coalition that brings together social justice people to take a stand against the Trump Administration.”

One of the recommended resources on the event’s Facebook page is an online “practical guide for resisting the Trump agenda.”

The website includes a variety of how-to documents on opposing Trump, as well as a listing of liberal anti-Trump organizations around the country.

The event is sponsored by the university’s Program in Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies, which is “dedicated to exploring gender identities, relations, practices, theories and institutions.” (RELATED: Duke Student Columnist: America’s First Amendment ‘Obsession’ Is ‘Expression Of White Supremacy’)

The university did not return a request for comment by press time.

The event is just the latest way in which universities have taken a clear anti-Trump position.

The University of New Hampshire had to issue an apology in the wake of Trump’s election after using official university resources to promote anti-Trump protests. (RELATED: College Students Think They May Die Because Trump Got Elected)

After Trump’s election last November the University of Texas set up a “therapy wall” for students upset the election outcome. Students used the wall to post sticky notes documenting how distraught they were that Trump got elected.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/09/du...rump-activism/

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/09/du...#ixzz4YO0KdXnW
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 17:28   #79
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander
 
GratefulCitizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Page/Lake Powell, Arizona
Posts: 2,936
It makes for fun sport to call those on the left irrational.
Their behavior is quite rational.

This civil war, like many, is in part a war for control of resources.
This video is common knowledge to many here, but it could be quite fun to send it to various leftists and watch the meltdown.

**TRIGGER WARNING**
https://youtu.be/O5FA2Mq7mgk
__________________
__________________
Waiting for the perfect moment is a fruitless endeavor.
Make a decision, and then make it the right one through your actions.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 23:25   #80
cbtengr
Area Commander
 
cbtengr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Duke University Training Students For Anti-Trump Activism

PETER HASSON
Reporter, Associate Editor
Daily Caller
2/09/17

Duke University is sponsoring a workshop for the purpose of training students to engage in activism against President Trump’s administration.

LGBTQA activist Mandy Carter will lead the February 15 event, which is titled “Ideas for Activism in the Time of Trump.”

The university-sponsored event will focus on “Understanding the importance of the changing of hearts and minds and the changing of public policy in social justice movements,” and “How our North Carolina Moral Monday Movement can be a model of a diverse coalition that brings together social justice people to take a stand against the Trump Administration.”

One of the recommended resources on the event’s Facebook page is an online “practical guide for resisting the Trump agenda.”

The website includes a variety of how-to documents on opposing Trump, as well as a listing of liberal anti-Trump organizations around the country.

The event is sponsored by the university’s Program in Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies, which is “dedicated to exploring gender identities, relations, practices, theories and institutions.” (RELATED: Duke Student Columnist: America’s First Amendment ‘Obsession’ Is ‘Expression Of White Supremacy’)

The university did not return a request for comment by press time.

The event is just the latest way in which universities have taken a clear anti-Trump position.

The University of New Hampshire had to issue an apology in the wake of Trump’s election after using official university resources to promote anti-Trump protests. (RELATED: College Students Think They May Die Because Trump Got Elected)

After Trump’s election last November the University of Texas set up a “therapy wall” for students upset the election outcome. Students used the wall to post sticky notes documenting how distraught they were that Trump got elected.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/09/du...rump-activism/

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/09/du...#ixzz4YO0KdXnW
If DUKE is getting any sort of federal funding then I would say it is time to pull the plug on it.
__________________
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
cbtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:58   #81
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 4,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
If DUKE is getting any sort of federal funding then I would say it is time to pull the plug on it.
A few of the comments were interesting. One guy mentioned that it's pretty much a private university, but with a large percentage of students from the NE, and referred to as "university of South Jersey."

In seeing these things in various media firms I'm guessing (literally) that it's a relatively lower fraction at these High Churches of Akademia that get the coverage with these activities. I mean, what news outlet is doing an article about Joe Schmo engineering student quietly trying to navigate his way around the SJW's and just get his degree & make some money? Wonder if anyone has done an article on a student (and perhaps the Mom & Dad con$ortium helping) who's decided to pop smoke on a school & go somewhere else simply because of the bullshit.
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:59   #82
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
who's decided to pop smoke on a school & go somewhere else simply because of the bullshit.
I was recently asked to apply for a position at a major university by the chair of a 3 person hiring committee...I asked if he was crazy (prolly just needed another qualified but ultimately non-hirable white male applicant)...too much bullshit to navigate and I'm certainly not near politically correct enough to tolerate the atmosphere on campus today. So, yes. I believe folks are opting out of the hypocrisy.

You got it right in an earlier post somewhere...they (Statist/Globalist/Communist/most Academics) HATE us.

Pick your friends and associations carefully - buy more ammo.
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 20:00   #83
Paslode
Area Commander
 
Paslode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,178
I watched this video and thought of this thread....

https://www.*******.com/watch?v=OzeTZSEesXY
__________________
Quote:
When a man dies, if nothing is written, he is soon forgotten.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 21:19   #84
lexxylargo
Asset
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
The excerpt below is from an opinion piece in a U.K. publication - it provides some insight into plans for discomfort and inconvenience - aka more subversion. The entire article at link below.

Forget protest. Trump's actions warrant a general national strike
Francine Prose
The Guardian
Monday 30 January 2017 07.06 EST
Political movements rarely succeed without causing discomfort and inconvenience

Since Trump’s election, we’ve seen dozens of demonstrations – most notably, the Women’s March on Washington – that have reinforced our sense of solidarity and provided encouraging evidence of how many Americans oppose our government’s fundamentally anti-American agenda.

But the trouble is that these protests are too easily ignored and forgotten by those who wish to ignore and forget them. The barriers go up, the march takes place, the barriers come down. Everyone goes home happier.

One reason that Saturday’s protests were so effective was that, while peaceful, they were disruptive. Terminal Four was closed, incoming flights were delayed. One traveller wrote, on Twitter, that his fellow passengers applauded when their pilot announced the reason why their plane would be landing an hour behind schedule.

Taxi drivers went on strike in solidarity with the detainees, and arriving passengers were forced to find alternate ways on getting home. Many used Uber, a company whose CEO, Travis Kalanick, serves on Trump’s economic advisory board, and which thoughtfully suspended “surge pricing” to make it easier and cheaper to subvert the taxi strike.

The struggles for civil rights and Indian independence, against apartheid and the Vietnam war – it’s hard to think of a nonviolent movement that has succeeded without causing its opponents a certain amount of trouble, discomfort and inconvenience.

And economic boycotts – another sort of trouble and inconvenience – have proved remarkably successful in persuading companies to cease supporting repressive governments. Of course, nonviolence has often been met with violence, but one can only hope that our hearts have not so hardened that we, as a nation, would not be troubled and shamed by the spectacle of peaceful people being arrested and bloodied, as they were in Selma and Birmingham.

So what can we do to protest our current government’s callousness about our environment and our health, its rampant greed, its disrespect for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

I believe that what we need is a nonviolent national general strike of the kind that has been more common in Europe than here. Let’s designate a day on which no one (that is, anyone who can do so without being fired) goes to work, a day when no one shops or spends money, a day on which we truly make our economic and political power felt, a day when we make it clear: how many of us there are, how strong and committed we are, how much we can accomplish.

Meanwhile, I’m deleting my Uber account and adding Lyft (which donated generously to the ACLU) in its stead. Leaving Uber is not uncomplicated, and it’s taken me the better part of a day to persuade them to let me go. But in the process, the site asks subscribers why they are leaving, and it’s a pleasure – a small pleasure, but a pleasure nonetheless – to let them know.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...sts-disruption
Seems like we are heading that way, unfortunately.
lexxylargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:04   #85
scooter
Quiet Professional
 
scooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennesse
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxylargo View Post
Seems like we are heading that way, unfortunately.
Yawn.

Who is going to strike? We have employment at will in most of the US. The places that don't are run by democrat strangleholds. Shut down businesses, and they will replace their workers or new businesses will replace the ones that can't get their shit together.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 20:06   #86
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,264
The MSM...

The great propagandists of the past century could not have said it better. Many in the MSM media have misled the people and have played a significant role in getting us into the mess we are in. And here, one of the press basically admits it.

Mika Brzezinski: Media’s Job Is to ‘Control Exactly What People Think’
Washington Free Beacon
BY: Chandler Gill
February 22, 2017 11:49 am

MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski criticized President Donald Trump on Wednesday for undermining the media's message by creating his own facts, adding that the "job" of the media is to "control exactly what people think."

Brzezinski made the comment on "Morning Joe" after co-host Joe Scarborough said that he agreed with a panelist's view that Trump supporters are wondering why people are so upset over what the president is doing since he is implementing exactly what he campaigned on.

"What Yamiche [Alcindor] said is what I hear from all the Trump supporters that I talk to, who were Trump voters and are still Trump supporters," Scarborough said. "They go, ‘Yeah, you guys are going crazy. He's doing–what are you so surprised about? He's doing exactly what he said he's going to do.'"

Brzezinski said she is concerned about what Trump's presidency may mean for the media.

"Well, and I think that the dangerous, you know, edges here are that he's trying to undermine the media, trying to make up his own facts," she said.

Brzezinski then appeared to argue that the media's job is to control what people think, adding that the president is interfering with it.

"And it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think. And that, that is our job," she said.

<snip>

http://freebeacon.com/politics/mika-...-people-think/
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 21:06   #87
cbtengr
Area Commander
 
cbtengr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
The great propagandists of the past century could not have said it better. Many in the MSM media have misled the people and have played a significant role in getting us into the mess we are in. And here, one of the press basically admits it.

Mika Brzezinski: Media’s Job Is to ‘Control Exactly What People Think’
Washington Free Beacon
BY: Chandler Gill
February 22, 2017 11:49 am

MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski criticized President Donald Trump on Wednesday for undermining the media's message by creating his own facts, adding that the "job" of the media is to "control exactly what people think."

Brzezinski made the comment on "Morning Joe" after co-host Joe Scarborough said that he agreed with a panelist's view that Trump supporters are wondering why people are so upset over what the president is doing since he is implementing exactly what he campaigned on.

"What Yamiche [Alcindor] said is what I hear from all the Trump supporters that I talk to, who were Trump voters and are still Trump supporters," Scarborough said. "They go, ‘Yeah, you guys are going crazy. He's doing–what are you so surprised about? He's doing exactly what he said he's going to do.'"

Brzezinski said she is concerned about what Trump's presidency may mean for the media.

"Well, and I think that the dangerous, you know, edges here are that he's trying to undermine the media, trying to make up his own facts," she said.

Brzezinski then appeared to argue that the media's job is to control what people think, adding that the president is interfering with it.

"And it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think. And that, that is our job," she said.

<snip>

http://freebeacon.com/politics/mika-...-people-think/
Talk about a bunch of elitists, I will do my own thinking thank you very much. None of this surprises me though. At the very least Trump and his rabid support have thrown them into a tizzy of epic proportions. They are not getting the same type of thrill up their leg from Trump like they got from Barry, its' more akin to pissing their pants and they don't like it.
__________________
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
cbtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 21:16   #88
Paslode
Area Commander
 
Paslode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,178
Mika's way of thinking is a big part of the reason why Trump prevailed. One would think that these High IQ M-Fer's would have the SA to figure out the rules have changed and the only people they are controlling are those in their social bubble.
__________________
Quote:
When a man dies, if nothing is written, he is soon forgotten.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 21:45   #89
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 4,996
Loss of relevance is a helluva hangover that the little shot of Jaeger on the brunch table won't cure. But they breed; a whole generation like them is right behind. In our individual interactions, daily, with young people who look up to us we need to be better. Each sweeping their own doorstep so to speak.
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 17:54   #90
Penn
Area Commander
 
Penn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,854
Imagine a civil war scenario in America and pursuing those individuals who have consciously harmed America. Operating on a McChrystal type success in Iraq that connected nodes of influences, a similar method/purge would have to be instituted in any conflict where strategic decapitation to remove the capacity to effect outcome was necessary.

For example the recent article exposing Jonathan Gruber, the Obamacare Architect who Bragged about lying to The CBO, sighted the — ‘Lack Of Transparency Is A Political Advantage’

Quote:
“This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes,” Gruber flatly stated. “If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/14/20...#ixzz4bRTKc54B

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/14/20...#ixzz4bRQD84SW

http://economics.mit.edu/faculty/gruberj/opinion
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:17.



Copyright 2004-2019 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies