Old 08-09-2014, 12:00   #1621
Rikow
Asset

Introduction

My name is SGT Patrick. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA and have been serving active duty in the Army for 6 years. I went through basic training in August 2008 at Ft. Sill, I am a 13M and have been a SGT since November 2011. My first duty assignment was with 1-38 FA in Korea for 2 years. I was sent to Ft. Bliss after that and helped to stand up 212th Fires BDE. After 17 months there I PCS'd back to Korea and spent one year with 6-37 FA. Now I'm assigned to 1-94 FA out of Joint Base Lewis-McChord and have been with this unit for 1 year. I've been deployed since December last year and will redeploy to Lewis soon.
Rikow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 14:04   #1622
Phantom4
Asset

Thank You for Welcoming Me to the Home of the Quiet Professionals

Good day,
Thank you for having me, I appreciate the glimpse into your world- or rather the “house” of “Quiet Professionals.” I have an immense respect for your community. A steel spinal column, immense amount of guts and courage and mental acuity are not common in most people today. I applaud you all, and thank you for your sacrifices.
My motive for being on your forum is solely for an “outsider looking in” perspective. I seek information on what I can expect should my husband choose to pursue this lifestyle. I am aware that your particular profession of arms comes with steep prices and its own unique set of challenges. The answers to questions of “How I can best prepare my children?” and “How I can best support my husband through this path while helping our marriage to grow?” are what I seek. I believe that understanding your lifestyle will help me understand how best to answer these questions and implement action.
I am in the Army, currently deployed forward as a Signals Intelligence Analyst in a unit with a mission like no other. Most of my marriage I have been TDY or deployed. I have two young children at home. I am intimately aware of the struggles of being away from home and am always looking for ways to improve myself and all things I cherish. Situations, people, and behavior can always be improved upon. I greatly appreciate all of the wisdom you folks have to share and the professionalism exuded in your responses. I have taken several of your posts and spread them as a teaching mechanism in my own unit, such as the "Letter to Garcia". I will be a silent observer in my quest for more knowledge as my husband has expressed an interest in selection, and I have and always will support all of his aspirations.
-Phantom 4

"I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul. "
Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Phantom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 00:58   #1623
NF_NYC
Asset

Hello,

I'm happy to finally register an account here. I find Professional Soldiers has the best answers to my questions about Special Forces. I'd much rather find an answer here than some Yahoo answer board or a shady site with anonymous people. Looking for answers to specific questions is hard if I can't use the Search feature on this website. That's the main reason I'm registering.

I don't plan on being an active poster but rather an observer for a while. Maybe I'll make an exception for the comedy threads.

NF_NYC
NF_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:16   #1624
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome aboard, all.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2017
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:25   #1625
Phil98
Asset

Introduction

Hello all:

My name is Phil. I am a 16 year old high school student interested in pursuing a career in Army Special Forces. I look forward to learning all I can from the forum and being well prepared for what lies ahead.

Thanks,
Phil
Phil98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:19   #1626
Dionirvn
Asset

Intro

11B Vietnam, 13A, 18A; 4th SOSC, SOCPAC, retired after Desert Storm. Pure inertia, "What a Ride"
Dionirvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 17:27   #1627
Everyday guy
Asset

Intro

Good evening, I am matt.

I'm a 24 year old college student from Springfield Missouri.

I attend college at Ozarks tech,I'm looking to obtain a degree in chemistry.

My hobbies are reading, crossfit, chewing tabaco, and learning about obscure subjects.

I'v never done drugs in my entire life- a fact i hold very dearly about my self, i don't meet many people who share this quality.

I'v come here to professional soldiers to share in conversation and learn.

I'm currently talking to a recruiter with the united states army about a possible career, I'v yet to make hard choice job wise.

I've gave alot of thought to 18 and 11 series contracts among other things, I really just want to jump out of planes.

Looking forward to conversing with you all, Thanks for reading and have a good evening.
Everyday guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 19:53   #1628
hall.hall
Asset

Introduction

Good evening "Quiet Professionals, Moderators, and Administrators".

First off my name is Nate and I was born in 1988. I grew up in Minnesota. I want to thank you for your dedicated service to our country! I have a tremendous amount of respect for "Special Forces" soldiers. Not only did you guys ask to serve your country, you asked for more challenges and responsibility. I'm am thankful to have this opportunity learn more and obtain a better understanding of the Special Forces soldier and community. I have done some extensive reading on this forum and others. A lot of my questions have been answered. Again thank you.

A little about my self and why I'm on this forum. My civilian occupation is a Phlebotomist for a blood donation company. I have a goal to become a special forces soldier as I understand many do. I have a basic understanding of the missions and duties performed by Army Special Forces. My 25 meter target right now is getting my ASVAB GT score up to qualify me for the 18D medical Sgt. I want to be apart of a team that demands a lot and keeps a standard of always learning and getting better. That is what motivates me to want to join. I was mentored by my principal in grade school, which I didn't know until a few days ago that he was a former 10th group guy. I think he planted the seed. I learned a lot from him and he drew my interest to join the military. I had an interest in Special Forces before I joined and still have a interest that turned in to a drive that wont shut off. So that's why I'm going for it now. I started my service in the National Guard then the Navy, then the Army Reserve . However I believe god's plan was for me to go back in the Army. Lets just say by the grace of god I'm back in the military period. I am currently in the Army Reserve as a 91B wheeled vehicle mechanic. Its not for me but I have learned a lot. I found out 20th group is near my location. Not sure if this is fate or what but now my goal is to earn my way to the "Team". Again thank you.
hall.hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:52   #1629
RaoulJan
Asset

Intro

Hi All,

I was at SFTG back in '68.

I had a great time on Smoke Bomb until I got cut for eyesight.
I guess they needed more medics for the Tet...
Was given the option of being a clerk ... and getting a gum wrapper ... but said no to that.

Trying to fill in some of the forgotten information from back in the day of the pickle suit.
RaoulJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:49   #1630
Marlboro
Asset

Introduction

Hello folks,

My name is JP, I've spent the majority of my life moving, and exploring the south. I served for a few years as an 11B in Ft. Drum, before going to college. I was born in 1988, so I'm still pretty young. Daily reminder I've still got quite a bit to learn. The majority of my life consists of politics and dealing with the insanity of the 24/7 news cycle.

More than anything, I wanted to give you guys a thank you for both allowing me the opportunity to read your material, and for everyones service.

For those of you still on the move, be safe.

Best,
Marlboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:57   #1631
PTB
Asset

Surfaced Lurker

Hi All,

I'm a seminarian(of reformed tradition) living Pacific Northwest. Just a plain civilian, who really enjoyed all the information and humor on this forum. Won't be positing much but if I ever do it will likely be in the food section. Have a wonderful day!
PTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 22:49   #1632
kcomfort001
Asset

Hello,

I'm Kenneth also been lurking around for several years, was told to come post an introduction, so here I am.

Hope all is well. 34, Currently Living in Indiana
kcomfort001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:09   #1633
impostor
Asset

Came here because I made an UBRR calculator

Hello. I'm a civilian brazilian software developer that enjoy calisthenics. I was looking for an "objective" way to measure overall fitness of a person, and end up stumbling on a thread about UBRR with many praises. Because of that, I developed a calculator in my spare time, and would like to make it available (for free) for anyone who wishes to give it a try and give me any feedback.
impostor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 18:23   #1634
Legionnaire
Asset

Hello

Hello everyone, I am currently in 5th group, and if you have any questions past that, let me know.
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:47   #1635
Slugger 11
Quiet Professional

Intro

Son Tay Raider, Retired Special Forces 11F4SF1
Trying to get vetted, but have had link problems.

Slugger 11
Slugger 11 is offline   Reply With Quote