Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2020, 18:38   #31
Paslode
Area Commander
 
Paslode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,200
There are two sets of laws TZ, one for club and one for the rest of us.


Kind of off topic, but in regards to Sullivan there are rumors swirling his son raped a underaged girl and Rod Rosenstein interceded. Another rumor is that Sullivan and Elijah Cummings were scamming money out of Howard University.
__________________
Quote:
When a man dies, if nothing is written, he is soon forgotten.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 19:04   #32
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 5,195
Quote:
“America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.” - Claire Wolfe, 1999
That was over 20 years ago. I don't think "we've finally arrived" even begins to be cover it.

__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 13:09   #33
tom kelly
Quiet Professional
 
tom kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Posts: 968
SHOCK & AWE ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
There are two sets of laws TZ, one for club and one for the rest of us.


Kind of off topic, but in regards to Sullivan there are rumors swirling his son raped a underaged girl and Rod Rosenstein interceded. Another rumor is that Sullivan and Elijah Cummings were scamming money out of Howard University.
Two career public officials STEALING... Whats Next ? Will the "Deep State", ever proceed to the "JFK" Solution....?
__________________
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN: BUT, NOBODY WANTS TO DIE.
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 19:42   #34
Paslode
Area Commander
 
Paslode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
Two career public officials STEALING... Whats Next ? Will the "Deep State", ever proceed to the "JFK" Solution....?
When you consider the wacko that shot up the Republican baseball practice and the wacko that jump the fence and made it inside the Whitehouse....they may be working on that aspect of the game.
__________________
Quote:
When a man dies, if nothing is written, he is soon forgotten.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 23:56   #35
Airbornelawyer
Moderator
 
Airbornelawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,845
To show how cynical I have become about all of this, literally my first thought when the FBI announced it was opening its own investigation was not "finally we may get some answers", but rather, "I bet this is just an excuse to forestall the Senate and DOJ investigations by claiming that we have to let the internal investigation run its course first."
__________________
Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you will feed him for the rest of his life.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:36   #36
Joker
Quiet Professional
 
Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer View Post
To show how cynical I have become about all of this, literally my first thought when the FBI announced it was opening its own investigation was not "finally we may get some answers", but rather, "I bet this is just an excuse to forestall the Senate and DOJ investigations by claiming that we have to let the internal investigation run its course first."
You, sir, I believe are correct. Kick the fan until another crisis takes the focus.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:00   #37
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 5,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
You, sir, I believe are correct. Kick the fan until another crisis takes the focus.
It's a classic technique, used all the time by the entrenched. It allows them to say, repeatedly, under oath, "Senator, as you know it's our policy not to comment on the progress or findings of an ongoing investigation."

The ink cloud that obscures where the tentacles are reaching (while they selectively leak pieces of it to shape their eventual narrative). More ubiquitous than a salad bar in a casino.
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:25.



Copyright 2004-2019 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies