Go Back   Professional Soldiers > Special Forces Weapons > Ammo Talk

Old 04-19-2006, 14:04   #16
ZoneOne
Auxiliary

I haven't heard of a Taser killing a dog yet, but it might be that I'm just not listening hard enough.

I have heard it has had lethal effects on humans, but the majority of cases involve suspects w/ heart conditions and other health problems prior to being "tazed"
ZoneOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 16:55   #17
jbour13
Area Commander

I like NDD's bomb blanket idea. I'd just hate it if chomper was keen and got loose only to get a mouth full of tactical ass!

Cattle prods are always fun. Especially on city folk. Had a friend that was always touching the fence, took the prod, placed it on the wire to see if the current was enough to give him a jolt. It was. I grew up on a cattle farm in Missouri, I've seen and done worse.

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:41   #18
vsvo
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbour13
Cattle prods are always fun. Especially on city folk.
As a city boy, I just wanted to thank you for not bringing that thing along with your AR to our shoot!
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:54   #19
jbour13
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsvo
As a city boy, I just wanted to thank you for not bringing that thing along with your AR to our shoot!
First ones free.....

Besides it seems that you're an honorary redneck.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...t=10459&page=2

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:57   #20
vsvo
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbour13
Besides it seems that you're an honorary redneck.
Honorary I'll gladly accept, although I claim no true creds - no matter what my wife thinks!
vsvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:45   #21
whit
Asset

(Tasers)...
While they claim their product isn't designed to be used on animals, there are other reports that it works effectively againt them.

It might work just fine, and in a lot of situations a Taser would be great. But a raid is not one of those places for two reasons:

1. Tasers occasionally fail. One of my friends in a Florida dept. had his fail (ctg. popped out or somesuch; don't recall exactly) and one of his deputies ended up having to shoot the guy instead.

2. If you're busy operating the Taser whilst the subject is shooting you, the dog has done it's job. They are not "fire and forget".

Similar to other posts here, 9mm and 5.56 just do not incapacitate a determined dog quickly enough, IME. Even half a mag of hollowpoints from a canned MP5 take awhile. Pity you cannot shoot the jerks who deploy these poor critters. And even buckshot will sing right through a wall, etc.

I would suggest 12-ga. *frangible* slug. Total energy dump and minimal risk of overpenetration. Many of the common Breaching slugs (like AVON) will work, and have the advantage that if someone pops up firing at you, it'll work on them as well.
FWIW...
whit is offline   Reply With Quote