Go Back   Professional Soldiers > Special Forces > Base Camp

Battle of Zarga Jan 2007
Old 05-04-2017, 00:54   #1
kneisel256
Asset

Battle of Zarga Jan 2007

Greetings,

Wondering if anyone on the forum was on the ODA that we (2-3 INF) relieved during the battle of Zarga. I was a PVT infantryman at the time. It was one hell of a fight, from sun down to sun up. As a young infantryman I got to meet the Team Commander, it was an experience I carry with me every day. Among the chaos he had such a calm demeanor. I remember what he said to our Battalion Commander, I was lucky enough to be within ear shot. "I got a bunch of wounded. We dropped about 6 500 pounders, and a couple 1000 pounders. The bird it down just over there, we secured it. You'll have to pull the pilots, I didn't have the manpower. I gotta get going all my dudes are injured".

If I remember correctly they are rocking a deuce and a half with miniguns and 240s everywhere. Our J-Tacs were busy all night, an experience of a lifetime for them, I'm sure. I watched A-10s do gun runs all night. Along with Spooky raining down hell.

It was a hell of a night and following day to remember. Everyone worked together and ensured everyone got home.

If anyone on this board was there, great job.

Old 05-04-2017, 19:00   #2
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Ok you need to post an intro in the appropriate place and fill out your profile. You were notified what to do when you registered. Do not post anything else until you comply. Rules are rules.