Go Back   Professional Soldiers > Welcome to Professional Soldiers > Introductions

Intro
Old 12-28-2017, 09:15   #2386
LifetimeStudent
Asset

Intro

Greetings,

Long time reader here. Im a 24 year old, Active Duty Marine. Currently going to school and thinking about making the switch. I'm currently training and reading as much as I can.

If I need to put more here, give the order and it will be done.

Last edited by LifetimeStudent; 01-10-2018 at 14:47.

Old 12-28-2017, 17:51   #2387
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifetimeStudent View Post
Greetings,

Long time reader here. Im a 24 Active Duty Marine. Currently going to school and thinking about making the switch. I'm currently training and reading as much as i cam.

If i need to put more here, give the order and it will be done.
24 what??

I hope you're going to school for spelling and sentence structure...

If you "make the switch"....if you go down the 18E path, message writing is "short, concise, to the point " messages.

As for the rag on ya...well, I just felt like it... Enjoy the site, great info here...
I, R_____ M____ G____ do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. (5 U.S.C. 3331)

Old 01-02-2018, 10:41   #2388
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
24 what??

If you "make the switch"....if you go down the 18E path, message writing is "short, concise, to the point " messages.

As for the rag on ya...well, I just felt like it... Enjoy the site, great info here...
Come on now he said he was a Marine

Last edited by SF_BHT; 01-03-2018 at 12:09.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:51   #2389
Agoge2
Area Commander

Quote:
Greetings,

Long time reader here. Im a 24 Active Duty Marine. Currently going to school and thinking about making the switch. I'm currently training and reading as much as i cam.

If i need to put more here, give the order and it will be done.
Bro, check your spelling and punctuation so you don't make it harder on us here....

Old 01-02-2018, 20:44   #2390
Astronomy
Quiet Professional

LifetimeStudent:

Welcome. Lots of Marines have previously made that switch and become damn fine SF Soldiers. Go for it. If you eventually make it to an ODA, you'll invariably meet others that did the same.

There are differences between Army & Marine cultures. For instance...

Army Speak: "Team Viper Exfils at 2400L +/- 2 minutes, via MH-47...

Jarhead Speak: "Awright youse yangs, when Mickey's big hand and little hand are both on the twelve, the Whoppity-Whop will land..."

Grow a thick skin. You'll need it...

Last edited by Astronomy; 01-04-2018 at 18:26.

Old 01-06-2018, 20:12   #2391
Vigil
Asset

Hello,

I've been a member of this site for some time now but have never introduced myself as I come here merely to learn and observe. I'm a husband, soon-to-be father, and a recent graduate of the Columbus Police Academy.

I have not served in the military but respect the hell out of those that have and will do my best as a LEO to protect the freedoms provided by those that have served.

Thank you for having me in this community.

Introduction.
Old 01-09-2018, 14:30   #2392
FuriousGeorge
Asset

Introduction.

Hello all,

I've read the forums for a bit, and thought I'd sign up. I spent 14 years in the Army as an 11B, then as a 92Y (I'm 35). I got out because of a loss in my family that took the wind out of my sails. I want to get back in and see if I'm a good fit for Army Special Forces. I've been doing the PT, taking language classes (Russian), and reading anything I can, to better educate myself about the SOF community, their mission and their training. I hope to lean something new, and hopefully I have some advice that might help someone someday on here. Above all, I'm here to learn.

Nice to meet you all!

Intro
Old 01-10-2018, 10:11   #2393
Klomophone
Asset

Intro

Greetings everyone,
I'm active duty Army with about 9 years in the Army Band field. I know my current job hardly has any transferable skills to the SF community, but my tenacity and willingness to push myself past perceived limits has left me with a feeling of 'spinning my wheels'. I've had the good fortune of meeting a few SF guys along the way and it's always motivated me to pursue that life. With the full support of my family, I've recently committed myself to training for SFAS hopefully in the coming months. I know there's a wealth of knowledge and SMEs in this forum and I'm hoping to learn whatever I can by being in here.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:34   #2394
LifetimeStudent
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
24 what??

Thank you for pointing that out. I made the corrections in the post.

Oddly enough, The main reason I'm going back to school is to get better at writing and speaking.

Old 01-16-2018, 18:07   #2395
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Thank you for pointing that out. I made the corrections in the post.

Oddly enough, The main reason I'm going back to school is to get better at writing and speaking.
Well, that's good. When you get up in rank, or maybe not even, you're going to be briefing some heavy hitters of another country depending on what your doing...Also, presenting classes to the indig. You'd be surprised how many may speak English better than we do

good luck..
I, R_____ M____ G____ do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. (5 U.S.C. 3331)