Old 12-13-2017, 17:59   #1
cbtengr
Area Commander
 
cbtengr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,391
Iowa Whitetails

This is something that I have never seen before, I have heard of lemmings doing the dive but never deer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mp-deaths.html
__________________
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
cbtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 19:10   #2
7624U
Quiet Professional
 
7624U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jasper Tennessee
Posts: 927
that was only a small dive.
check this one out

https://www.*******.com/watch?v=rxGuNJ-nEYg
__________________
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

"Robert A. Heinlein"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 19:34   #3
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 4,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
... I have heard of lemmings doing the dive but never deer.
Holy nostalgia. Is "White Wilderness" running again in the theaters down there? Far out.

I think Disney pioneered the use of a few lemmings & special effects to sustain that stupid notion. I think that's how we got so many Val's taking off from the carrier Akagi in "Tora Tora Tora" & stuff like that. Just to think back in the day for 25 cents I was watching the next big thing...

Is shotgun season over down there?
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 19:43   #4
cbtengr
Area Commander
 
cbtengr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Holy nostalgia. Is "White Wilderness" running again in the theaters down there? Far out.

I think Disney pioneered the use of a few lemmings & special effects to sustain that stupid notion. I think that's how we got so many Val's taking off from the carrier Akagi in "Tora Tora Tora" & stuff like that. Just to think back in the day for 25 cents I was watching the next big thing...

Is shotgun season over down there?
2d season is going on right now thru the 17th, you still have that wasting issue up there? And while I am thinking about it Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and yours!!
__________________
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
cbtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 19:44   #5
cbtengr
Area Commander
 
cbtengr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
that was only a small dive.
check this one out

https://www.*******.com/watch?v=rxGuNJ-nEYg
That is a leap of faith.
__________________
The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
cbtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 20:17   #6
PSM
Area Commander
 
PSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cochise Co., AZ
Posts: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7624U View Post
that was only a small dive.
check this one out

https://www.*******.com/watch?v=rxGuNJ-nEYg
Wow! Spartanesque tough love.
__________________
"Hector Lives!"

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:37   #7
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 4,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
2d season is going on right now thru the 17th, you still have that wasting issue up there? And while I am thinking about it Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and yours!!
Thanks. Yeah, they're still 'managing' the CWD, depends on what county you live in - unfortunately shooting the knuckleheads who overbait (it started in the suburban areas down near the Yuppie hives) wasn't part of that.
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56.



Copyright 2004-2019 by Professional Soldiers
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies