Old 08-21-2006, 11:35   #1
scubasam
Asset

NG to active

Does anyone know about the in's and out's of switching to active while in the Q course? I've heard that it can be done, but that if you wait until after graduation it is very unlikely (due to team time conflicts and such).

My main problem with switching is leaving my guard unit hanging, but I thought I would try and gather the info to make an informed decision...

Muchas gracias para su ayuda...
scubasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 13:03   #2
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasam
Does anyone know about the in's and out's of switching to active while in the Q course? I've heard that it can be done, but that if you wait until after graduation it is very unlikely (due to team time conflicts and such).

My main problem with switching is leaving my guard unit hanging, but I thought I would try and gather the info to make an informed decision...

Muchas gracias para su ayuda...

I personally know of some NCO's doing that, but they had to jump though some hoops. For the officers, I'm sure there's a similiar process. Have you checked with the NG Liasion office?

As for leaving your guard unit, that's the price of doing business at least for the NCO's since we're at war. Don't burn your bridges leaving the unit since you might come back as most guys do.
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote