Go Back   Professional Soldiers > Special Forces Weapons > Ammo Talk

Old 01-02-2010, 21:37   #1
Buck
Quiet Professional

Show us your Toys, as in Guns / Man Cave

So I loved the post that LarryW made about the video "I Love Guns", so it got me thinking. How about a thread with photos of your guns, reloading benches, Gun related man caves. So here goes..

I took some photos of one side of my basement, which I converted into my gun shop. Built the reloading bench out of solid Oak slabs, and made dove-tail inserts so I can swap out reloaders, swaggers, etc. If anyone likes it, I have plans on how to make it. I made it after getting sick of using old doors, converted desks, etc.

I also took some photos of my Gun Safe, with some of my toys.. Can you tell I am a true 18B at heart?

It only let me upload the reloading bench photos, so I will attach Guns in next post

Buck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reloading Bench1.JPG (62.2 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg Reloading Bench2.JPG (51.7 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg Reloading Bench3.JPG (58.8 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpg Reloading Bench4.JPG (47.0 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg Reloading Bench5.JPG (65.9 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg Mancave1.JPG (58.8 KB, 303 views)
Old 01-02-2010, 21:41   #2
Buck
Quiet Professional

Now for the Guns

Enjoy...

Buck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gunsafe.JPG (70.9 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg Armalite AR-10T - Leupold Mark 4 M3 LR.JPG (63.6 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg Sabre Defense Precision SPR - Leupold Mark4 AR.JPG (65.3 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg Sabre Defense M4.JPG (65.5 KB, 327 views)
File Type: jpg Remington 870 Police.JPG (62.3 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg Marlin 444.JPG (65.2 KB, 309 views)
Old 01-02-2010, 22:47   #3
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Well, I think we have already covered the pics of the guns here:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ad.php?t=10252

Nice man cave, BTW.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2017
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 22:52   #4
Buck
Quiet Professional

Doh, and I even did a search first

Sorry TR,
Totally missed that thread, sorry, I thought I covered everything in Ammo Talk, missed Weapons Discusion area, should this me moved the the previous thread?

Buck
Old 01-02-2010, 22:56   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I think it is great as a "man cave" pics thread.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 01-02-2010, 23:03   #6
Buck
Quiet Professional

Cool

Missed one old gun, a Krag 30-40, ever fired one of those TR? out of all my rifles, and a few I didn't take a photo of, the Krag has the coolest sound when fired, prefer it over my Springfield O3

Buck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Krag 30-40.JPG (60.5 KB, 179 views)
Old 01-02-2010, 23:34   #7
HowardCohodas

There is something incongruous about the concept of man cave and the level of neatness displayed.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:20   #8
wet dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
There is something incongruous about the concept of man cave and the level of neatness displayed.
I agree with Buck's neatness as it pertains to weapons of death, but I bet the rest of his place looks like a scatter grenade went off.

My cave does...

By the way 'incongruous' is a great word, well done.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:30   #9
LarryW
Area Commander

I gotta get off my dead a$$. My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap, old moldy Christmas decorations (as my son says "more than any straight man should have"), and boxes of clothes that homeless people wouldn't wear. Yeah, a grenade could go off down there and do a sh*&load of improvements! I gotta get off my dead a$$...
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:45   #10
Five-O
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap, ...

Blatant man rule violation....to the 2nd Degree. Ruling please?

Last edited by Five-O; 01-03-2010 at 18:26.
Five-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16   #11
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
I gotta get off my dead a$$. My basement is filled with plastic tubs full of ex-wifes yarn and country craft crap, old moldy Christmas decorations (as my son says "more than any straight man should have"), and boxes of clothes that homeless people wouldn't wear. Yeah, a grenade could go off down there and do a sh*&load of improvements! I gotta get off my dead a$$...
Is she STILL down there bitching?
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:07   #12
Buck
Quiet Professional

This is funny, should be hung on the wall of all Mancaves

LarryW, not sure but that might definately be a violation for a bachelor, unless of course you like to knit, and wear womens clothes. You might need to through a team party and have some of us over some day and drag all that crap out... I bet it would make for a hell of a bonfire....lol.

I found this poster which I thought was hilarious, you can print it out, and hang it on your man cave wall. Warning, if you're married you might get prepared for some couch time if she reads this.

Link to "Rules and Orders" for women http://www.pcpotato.com/uploader/fil...-rules-800.jpg

Buck
Old 01-03-2010, 10:26   #13
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I might need a ruling on this, but it sounds more like a "homo cave".

You need to get rid of that crap and fill the space up with unused sports and athletic gear, dead electronics, and of course, guns and ammo.

TR

Old 01-03-2010, 10:30   #14
Buck
Quiet Professional

More Man Cave Guidelines...

These are some things you can replace the yarn and womens clothes with...

OK, things men need, and are allowed in the Man Cave.

- Humidor
- Poker table
- The heads of some dead animals mounted on the wall (at least 3, with one of them being a bison)
- A foot rest the length of the bar, made up from the barrels of Gatling guns and old pieces of steel from WWII Battleships
- A picture of THE DUKE behind the bar, which will be toasted to NIGHTLY. If you have to ask who THE DUKE is, get out of the Man Cave now!
- A picture of Sinatra across from the bar, perferrably in a plaid hat.
- a shelf next to every urinal where we can rest our beer mugs when in use
- a pool table, with only one working light bulb above it
- Red Grange's leather football helmet.
- The bat Babe Ruth used when he "called his shot"

Gents, other items needed?

Buck
Old 01-03-2010, 11:19   #15
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-O View Post
Blatant man rule violation....to the 2nd Degree. Rulling please?
You get a temporary "permit for posession" until you can organize a "get her out of my life" party. With enough buddys and a pre-clean to make sure none of your stuff is mixed in with the junk, you should be able to get rid of it in a couple hours. It'll only cost beer and pizza, will restore your "man status", and will give you much needed space to tear down the Harley motor in the basement. Otherwise the next female to take up residence will adopt it as "hers" and start adding to the crap. (Just make sure the dump is open during party hours.)
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote