Old 01-07-2013, 19:32   #781
RedRaider08
Asset

Hello

Im Aaron, I am currently a freshman at Texas tech University.

I am currently taking Army ROTC. Cant wait to get my comission into the Army and make, Captain and give SFAS a go. I have the utmost respect for you guys and what youve done for our country, as I do anyone else that has served. Thanks for having me
RedRaider08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 13:57   #782
Apple Jacks
Asset

Hey everyone,

My name is AJ and I'm a Navy veteran. Served on the USS Columbus, SSN 762 out of Pearl Harbor from 98-02. Was also a diver from class 000-20- Scuba, not to be confused with the diver rating. I've been reading and looking for information regarding the National Guard and also SF. We'll see if I can get into the Guard, and if so I'll try to get this thing rolling.

Have a good one gents,

AJ
Apple Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:21   #783
ImagesNC

Hello

I'm a budding writer just here learning as much as I can about this world. Had a cup of coffee in the Navy but tore ACL and MCL and was discharged.
Old 01-09-2013, 15:38   #784
Stinker
Asset

Introduction

Hello all,
I'm a Junior in college majoring in International Relations and I'm planning on complementing it with studies in Asian Affairs. It has been my dream to serve in Army Special Forces since I was in High School. I've done a lot of research over the past couple of years (you can never learn enough!) which has inspired me even more to one day reach my aspirations.

Zonie Diver's quote about "the calling" really hit home for me because I have those same feelings. I want to serve my country and help the less privileged people around the world while helping fight our enemies. It is no doubt a long and difficult path, but I can't see myself doing anything else in life.

I've spoken to a QP in the 19th SFG who recommended that I join through the Rep-63 Program because of the extra preparation the NG offers. I'm seriously considering it for the future, but right now I'm focusing on my "25m target" of graduating college and maintaining a high GPA. And of course to do PT. I still have about two years to prepare for SFAS.
Stinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 18:07   #785
hercules
Asset

Hello,

My name is Angela. I'm a C-130 crew chief at Pope Army Airfield. Just here to gain perspective of the bigger picture.

Thanks for allowing me to eavesdrop.

Angela (Hercules)
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:47   #786
csmith17
Asset

My introduction

Hello,

My name is Chris and I'm a former 10th grouper. I'm just trying to get access to a thread on this site regarding a new book. I'm just interested to see what people are posting about it.

Thanks.
csmith17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:43   #787
atex11
Asset

I am originally from Auburn, Indiana and attended USMA (c/o 2011). Before my final year, I was able to attend class 09-10 and was selected, but am waiting until I am eligible to attend the Q Course. I studied Chemical Engineering and rock climbed competitively for three years during college. I am currently an Infantry PL in the 101st ABN deployed to Khowst, AFG. One of my NCOs told me about this site as a resource for constructing an antenna. I'm so glad that he did; the wealth of knowledge here is astounding.
atex11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 18:17   #788
fox33c1
Asset

Hello,

I am currently assigned to a NG ODA in the NW. I have time in 2-19, 1-3, and 1-19. I also work as a 911 based paramedic and a 1099 guy. Been here for some time but just came to periscope depth. PM if you need bona fides or verification of 18 series.
fox33c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 19:11   #789
91Wesh
Asset

Introduction:

My name is Daniel and I am a senior in college. Upon graduation, I will pursue enlistment with an 18x contract.
Old 01-11-2013, 13:49   #790
KRG1987
Asset

I am a young man from the MA who grew up with a few QPs. The vast amount of knowledge and life experiences shared with me has had a profound effect on the person I have become today. I just want to thank all the QPs here for their previous or continuing service to our country and for taking time to run this forum. The information provided here is priceless to young men seeking the ultimate “Goal”. I am glad to be a fly on the wall.

- George Orwell
KRG1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 14:16   #791
Kilo1
Asset

Introduction:

I've been a member of this forum and used it as a resource for almost two years. I received a Bachelor's degree in 2008, am nearly 27 years old, and will soon ship on an 18x contract.

Thank you for the site; I will continue seeing and not be heard.
Kilo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 19:42   #792
Redundant1
Asset

Introduction

Good evening gentlemen,

I have been a Marine infantryman for 15 years. I had set up an account months ago but op tempo always dictates what our down time is used for. I have viewed several post and have gained better insight to your community. I appreciate the skill and mind set this community offers. When I was a young jarhead I had considered cross decking to the Army because of this community but chose to stay because I enjoy the mission I had as an infantry squad leader. I hope to absorb some useful knowledge here and will respect the opportunity I am given to be on this sight.

Semper FI
Redundant1
Redundant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 21:32   #793
CodeYellow
Asset

Introduction

Hello,

My name is Luke. I have no past military experience. I live in the Northeastern United States. I came across this site while searching for 18x contract and SFAS information, and have found it to be tremendously useful.
CodeYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 22:47   #794
PattyW
Asset

Intro

Name is Patrick. Been in the AF for almost 8 years. Went to Afghanistan in 2011 and have had the itch to do more with my career since. Have done a lot of reading and research and I believe being a special forces soldier is exactly what I want to do.
PattyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23   #795
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyW View Post
Name is Patrick. Been in the AF for almost 8 years. Went to Afghanistan in 2011 and have had the itch to do more with my career since. Have done a lot of reading and research and I believe being a special forces soldier is exactly what I want to do.
Then you should come up with a more manly moniker