Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Chain Saw Attachment
Old 11-09-2017, 07:23   #46
Pete
Quiet Professional

Chain Saw Attachment

Well, it's a good thing he didn't use the optional Chain Saw Attachment Bayonet.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/usa-tod...5-attachments/

Old 11-09-2017, 08:02   #47
TACJAM
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NCO View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...&v=B4HEchh0XD8

Some after action to think about.

Thank you Stephen for explaining what happened from your side.
Appreciate you sharing that. Definitely worthwhile to watch.

Old 11-09-2017, 14:41   #48
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Well, it's a good thing he didn't use the optional Chain Saw Attachment Bayonet.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/usa-tod...5-attachments/
LMAO at the Twitter counter-attack or as the link says, "wide-spread mockery"... Hard to believe since USA Today is the self-admitted "flagship" publication of Gannett Publishing who, apparently continue their path of being in a dead-heat with CNN's Jake Tapper..

Old 11-12-2017, 03:52   #49
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

A bit of background on this asshat.

We either need to bring back mental institutions or put down rabid animals before they can carry out their fantasies.

Maybe it’s also time to begin incarcerating those closest to these animals for failing society. So many times the writing of future anguish and sorrow are clearly seen by the people who could have intervened long beforehand. (Usually the parents or those “friends” who know the sorted details of a persons past, present and possibly future. In this case a convicted felon known to have mental issues and possessing firearms.)

Well worth the read, take your BP medicine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/11/u...air-force.html

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Old 11-12-2017, 07:01   #50
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Social Justice Warriors of 1971.. With some well documented justifications..

Florida led the way with the BAKER Act. It effectually gutted the laws available to put Crazy people away.

Maxine E Baker wrote the law to protect mentality impaired people/children from becoming permanent wards of the state.

Early reports of the atrocities at the Florida School for Boys and books like the Snake Pit & One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest garnered sympathy for her effort.

Nobody was prepared for or made any effort to plan a path for the individuals that needed confinement, for the safety of themselves and the general public.

At the time, my aunt was the head administrator of out-patient planning and supervision at the South Florida State Hospital in Pembroke Pines. I can remember a family BBQ with my mother(RN, mental health) and aunt Em (RN, mental health) discussing the plight of all the patients that need daily supervision for they meds, who were just put out on the street. Along with the rules being put in-place for the law enforcement orgs to NOT be able to put anyone in mental lock-up unless they have a judges order. My aunt's plight was "at the end of the month,, we close the door"

The Baker Act and all other ROI's need to be rewritten to allow the medical and judicial processing of crazy people..

Quote:
Florida Mental Health Act
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Florida Mental Health Act of 1971 (Florida Statute 394.451-394.47891[1] (2009 rev.)), commonly known as the "Baker Act," allows the involuntary institutionalization and examination of an individual.

The Baker Act allows for involuntary examination (what some call emergency or involuntary commitment). It can be initiated by judges, law enforcement officials, physicians, or mental health professionals. There must be evidence that the person:

possibly has a mental illness (as defined in the Baker Act).
is a harm to self, harm to others, or self neglectful (as defined in the Baker Act).

Examinations may last up to 72 hours after a person is deemed medically stable and occur in over 100 Florida Department of Children and Families-designated receiving facilities statewide.[2]

There are many possible outcomes following examination of the patient. This includes the release of the individual to the community (or other community placement), a petition for involuntary inpatient placement (what some call civil commitment), involuntary outpatient placement (what some call outpatient commitment or assisted treatment orders), or voluntary treatment (if the person is competent to consent to voluntary treatment and consents to voluntary treatment). The involuntary outpatient placement language in the Baker Act took effect as part of the Baker Act reform in 2005.

The act was named for a Florida state representative from Miami, Maxine Baker, who had a strong interest in mental health issues, served as chair of a House Committee on Mental Health, and was the sponsor of the bill.

The nickname of the legislation has led to the term "Baker Act" as a transitive verb, and "Baker Acted" as a passive-voice verb, for invoking the Act to force an individual's commitment. Although the Baker Act is a statute only for the state of Florida, use of "Baker Acting" as a verb has become prevalent as a slang term for involuntary commitment in other regions of the United States.[4][not in citation given]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Mental_Health_Act
Quote:
Florida School for Boys

Arthur G. Dozier School for Boys (AGDS), was a reform school operated by the state of Florida in the panhandle town of Marianna from January 1, 1900, to June 30, 2011.[1][2] For a time, it was the largest juvenile reform institution in the United States.[3] A second campus was opened in the town of Okeechobee in 1955.

Throughout its 111-year history, the school gained a reputation for abuse, beatings, rapes, torture, and even murder of students by staff. Despite periodic investigations, changes of leadership, and promises to improve, the allegations of cruelty and abuse continued.

Many of the allegations were confirmed by separate investigations by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement in 2010 and the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice in 2011.[4]

State authorities closed the school permanently in June 2011. At the time of its closure it was a part of the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice.

In 1968, Florida Governor Claude Kirk said, after a visit to the school where he found overcrowding and poor conditions, that "somebody should have blown the whistle a long time ago."[8] At this time, the school housed 564 boys, some for offenses as minor as school truancy, running away from home, or "incorrigibility".[9] They ranged in age from ten to sixteen years old.[10] Officially, corporal punishment at the school was banned in August 1968.[11]

In 1969, as part of a governmental reorganization, the school came under the management of the Division of Youth Services of the newly created Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services (HRS). In 1996, HRS was reorganized as the Florida Department of Children and Families.
Quote:
The Snake Pit, A novel by MARY JANE WARD, Cassell and Company, London 1947

"Long ago they lowered insane persons into snake pits; they thought that an experience that might drive a sane person out of his wits might send an insane person back into sanity."
Quote:
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1962) is a novel written by Ken Kesey.

Set in an Oregon psychiatric hospital, the narrative serves as a study of the institutional processes and the human mind as well as a critique of behaviorism and a celebration of humanistic principles.

It was adapted into the Broadway play One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Dale Wasserman in 1963.

Bo Goldman adapted the novel into a 1975 film directed by Miloš Forman, which won five Academy Awards.

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Old 11-12-2017, 10:33   #51
Brush Okie
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Social Justice Warriors of 1971.. With some well documented justifications..

Florida led the way with the BAKER Act. It effectually gutted the laws available to put Crazy people away.

Maxine E Baker wrote the law to protect mentality impaired people/children from becoming permanent wards of the state.

Early reports of the atrocities at the Florida School for Boys and books like the Snake Pit & One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest garnered sympathy for her effort.

Nobody was prepared for or made any effort to plan a path for the individuals that needed confinement, for the safety of themselves and the general public.

At the time, my aunt was the head administrator of out-patient planning and supervision at the South Florida State Hospital in Pembroke Pines. I can remember a family BBQ with my mother(RN, mental health) and aunt Em (RN, mental health) discussing the plight of all the patients that need daily supervision for they meds, who were just put out on the street. Along with the rules being put in-place for the law enforcement orgs to NOT be able to put anyone in mental lock-up unless they have a judges order. My aunt's plight was "at the end of the month,, we close the door"

The Baker Act and all other ROI's need to be rewritten to allow the medical and judicial processing of crazy people..
Great Post JJ

The 1970's were a big gain in liberal "social Justice". Another big factor was the Addington vs Texas supreme court case. Rise in the homeless and crime as you have stated is definitely a direst result.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addington_v._Texas

Quote:
Addington v. Texas, 441 U.S. 418 (1979), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case that set the standard for involuntary commitment for treatment by raising the burden of proof required to commit persons for psychiatric treatment from the usual civil burden of proof of "preponderance of the evidence" to "clear and convincing evidence".[1].................................................. ..................
I also believe the rise of using in the SSI antidepressants is a big issue in these situations. I remember when Prozak (sp) first came out they talked about people taking it becoming very violent for no reason. After a short time the pharmaceutical companies did some unbiased studies and showed that was not the case. I did a little goodleing and here is what I come up with.

https://content.iospress.com/article...edicine/jrs292

Quote:
Evidence from many sources confirms that selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) commonly cause or exacerbate a wide range of abnormal mental and behavioral conditions. These adverse drug reactions include the following overlapping clinical phenomena: a stimulant profile that ranges from mild agitation to manic psychoses, agitated depression, obsessive preoccupations that are alien or uncharacteristic of the individual, and akathisia. Each of these reactions can worsen the individual's mental condition and can result in suicidality, violence, and other forms of extreme abnormal behavior. Evidence for these reactions is found in clinical reports, controlled clinical trials, and epidemiological studies in children and adults. Recognition of these adverse drug reactions and withdrawal from the offending drugs can prevent misdiagnosis and the worsening of potentially severe iatrogenic disorders. These findings also have forensic application in criminal, malpractice, and product liability cases.
I am not making excuses for these folks but drugging unbalanced people up with this stuff then turning them loose and some will do really bad things.

Again I googled this.

https://www.livescience.com/32934-do...11102html.html

Quote:
Antidepressants are supposed to make people feel happier and more at ease, but a study has linked several prescription antidepressants to an increased risk of violent behavior, including physical assault and homicide.

The December 2010 study from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices found five antidepressants to be among the 10 prescription drugs most disproportionately linked with reports of violent behavior.....................cont
These were google finds and unvetted sources so take that into account but its not like MSM can be trusted these days as well.

Just some thoughts you never hear from the social justice warriors always runn their mouts about more gun control.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:53   #52
Brush Okie
Area Commander

Here is an interview of Stephen Wilford describes very humbly how, bare footed, he engaged the active shooter. He had the presence of mind to shoot between the plates on the ballistic vest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4HEchh0XD8

Old 11-13-2017, 09:52   #53
EricV
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Here is an interview of Stephen Wilford describes very humbly how, bare footed, he engaged the active shooter. He had the presence of mind to shoot between the plates on the ballistic vest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4HEchh0XD8
I hope we get more detail on the actual placement. Supposedly, the Perp got hit twice by our hero?? Once in the leg and then in the side?? Didn't seem to have put the perp down. It stopped him I guess considering he jumped into a car and took off. He might have been a dead man walking from bleed out, but he shot himself in the head to end it.

Would really like to know what ammo was used. I've never really liked the 5.56/223 round even though I now own a couple of AR's.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:13   #54
Brush Okie
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
I hope we get more detail on the actual placement. Supposedly, the Perp got hit twice by our hero?? Once in the leg and then in the side?? Didn't seem to have put the perp down. It stopped him I guess considering he jumped into a car and took off. He might have been a dead man walking from bleed out, but he shot himself in the head to end it.

Would really like to know what ammo was used. I've never really liked the 5.56/223 round even though I now own a couple of AR's.
Even "kill shots" people can keep going especially if on drugs (meth pcp) etc. An example is when I first started as a medic (civilian) there was a guy on PCP the local cops were chasing on foot. He ran in front of a semi truck going 55 mph, was hit and thrown down the freeway. He got up and ran 100 yrds on two broken legs(as well as numerous other fractures) before dropping dead. Evey text book in the wold as well as common sense tells you he should have never got up and ran. Another good example is the Miami shoot out where the two perps kept fighting and killed the FBI agents after getting hit with what would be considered good hits.

We will never know all the answers in this but drugged up people and crazy people have a super strength and capacity to endure pain and punishment beyond normal people can.