Old 06-17-2005, 13:41   #1
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

SFAS Preparation Book

Thought this might be of interest to potential candidates. The author just registered here.

http://www.warrior-mentor.com/
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 14:01   #2
The Dave
Auxiliary

Gonna check this one out. Ordered a copy this morning.
The Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 14:27   #3
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

I just called and spoke with the Maj.
Good man, even if he was former 7th Gp...

Welcome aboard Maj. We'll let people know about your book!

Team Sergeant
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 15:29   #4
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Thanks

Team Sergeant,

Thanks. Was good to talk with you today. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN project. When we were re-engineering the Special Operations Prep Course (SOPC) to meet the demands of the 18X program, the Commanding General asked us "How can we better prepare our candidates for SF Assessment & Selection (SFAS) BEFORE they report to Fort Bragg?" The Special Operations Recruiters were giving the future candidates a small booklet with tips, but it didn't have any meat to it. After just a couple classes, we realized that we were teaching the same things over and over. When we realized if we had a book they could read..they'd know what to expect and be ready to train. The idea was to capture the FAQs and publish them in one spot. When we realized the book would make money, there was only one right answer and that was to give the royalties to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (www.specialops.org) which provides college scholarships and education counselling for the children of Special Operations Personnel who are killed in training or operational missions.

THIS IS A WIN FOR SF CANDIDATES: Our goal is to ensure future SF Candidates know what to expect and how to best maximize their chances of sussess at SFAS. In order to do this, GET SELECTED FOR SPECIAL FORCES is written in a converstional tone based on the basic question "If your son was getting ready for SFAS, what would you tell him?" Trying to write this in an official publication would have resulted in a dry manual that couldn't endorse products we liked (e.g. SOF Soles, leatherman tools, etc) or unconventional training techniques (e.g. threading the blister, etc).

THIS IS A WIN FOR USASFC(A): Our goal is to increase the success of the candiates for Special Forces. We are a nation at war and we need Special Forces Warriors. Out of the 3,000 copies curently in print, if GET SELECTED FOR SPECIAL FORCES can help just 12 more men graduate the SFQC, we've helped put another ODA on the battlefield.

THIS IS A WIN FOR THE WARRIOR FOUNDATION: Our goal is to raise over $20,000 for the Warrior Foundation in order to fund a scholarship. As a way to GUARANTEE we'll raise at least that much, we've shipped over 1,000 copies directly to the Warrior Foundation's Headquarters in Tampa. The only thing left to do is get the word out there to let people know the resource is available.

For more info, check out www.warrior-mentor.com

Donate now http://www.specialops.org/ Scroll down and you'll see it listed on the left hand side of the page...

Last edited by Warrior-Mentor; 02-10-2010 at 02:26.
Warrior-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 16:54   #5
jsragman
Asset

Just ordered a copy myself.
jsragman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 17:14   #6
jon448
SF Candidate

Warrior-Mentor sir,
I wanted to say thank you for doing a book like this. Its about time somebody did a book like this and the fact that the money goes to a great cause makes it that much better. I ordered my copy just now. Thank you again.

Jon448
Old 06-17-2005, 18:06   #7
aricbcool
Guerrilla Chief

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this in the book recommendations forum...

Anyways, bought a copy for myself. Am looking forward to it with eager anticipation.

Warrior Mentor, thanks for putting this together and available to the public.

Regards,
Aric
Old 06-17-2005, 18:30   #8
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by aricbcool
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this in the book recommendations forum...

Anyways, bought a copy for myself. Am looking forward to it with eager anticipation.

Warrior Mentor, thanks for putting this together and available to the public.

Regards,
Aric
Thanks. Please let me know what you think....always committed to making things better. Looking for input for my next book. If you find areas or topics you'd like covered in detail, send them my way.

Best of luck!
Warrior-Mentor
Old 06-17-2005, 18:39   #9
Dustin03
Guerrilla

sir, i'd like to see things like different tricks candidates have come up with to make things easier on themselves. For example, when we have drill we usually sit around and talk about such topics, and let the guys that recently where selected tell how they worked for them. Examples would be like duct taping your insoles and parts of the insides of your boots to reduce friction areas which lead to blisters.
Dustin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 19:15   #10
TFM
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor
The Special Operations Recruiters were giving the future candidates a small booklet with tips, but it didn't have any meat to it.
Sounds great to me. I have tried to find all the info I can, and I have found a good deal of information . However, there still seems to be some black whole of knowlegde that will only be uncovered when I am in the midst of the course. I look forward to reading this book.
TFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 20:41   #11
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Welcome aboard Sir.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 20:45   #12
Warrior-Mentor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Welcome aboard Sir.
Thanks. Damn glad to be here.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:39   #13
Morumbi97
Asset

Just ordered a copy. Thank you.
Morumbi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:40   #14
12B4S
Quiet Professional

Would like to add my welcome to the site Major. I'm going to order the book for two reasons.

1) The cost isn't a cost. It's a donation, to a most important cause.
2) Want to see what the hell I missed when I went through.

One other thing. This Site has been a 'gold mine' of info for those headed into the SF pipeline. It appears that a 'new vein" has just been opened.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:14   #15
Goggles Pizano
Area Commander

Warrior Mentor

Sir,
I purchased your book last week and wanted to thank you for taking the time to assist we prospective candidates. People such as yourself, and those on this site, are the reason I reenlisted. I have completed the book twice and am sharing the information with the soldiers in my unit (most of whom purchased the book while at drill this past week). It has opened many eyes and most importantly many an approach to training! The benefit to the book sales is outstanding and I am happy to have contributed.
Goggles Pizano is offline   Reply With Quote