Go Back   Professional Soldiers > Special Forces Weapons > Edged Weapons

Old 02-09-2015, 08:33   #136
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Just a hypothetical thought; my son is not pursuing that course. The important thing would be to have a serialized blade in line with his classmates. Kind of like class rings.

Pat
I thought you said you would like to buy him one. That option is still available, as of now.

If not, he would need to be an honor graduate, and about 95% of his friends from the course will not have one either, so the sequence of the numbers will not matter.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2017

Availability of "Y"
Old 12-28-2015, 21:24   #137
bushmaster11
Guerrilla

Availability of "Y"

I missed the last iteration of old guy issue. So, I bought one with name and dates.

Wondering if they have started up again or is it still current?

J R sends
DOL

Old 12-29-2015, 05:37   #138
kalanis
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmaster11 View Post
I missed the last iteration of old guy issue. So, I bought one with name and dates.

Wondering if they have started up again or is it still current?

J R sends
DOL
Email Roxanne Merritt at the Museum to find out: merrittr@soc.mil

Old 12-30-2015, 10:58   #139
Mycroft
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILDOT View Post
Sad news! Just talked to an SF Trooper that graduated from the "Q" Course yesterday. They are no longer issuing the Yarborough Knife to the graduates.

This was a fantastic tradition and I hate to see this way of honoring Luitenant General Yarborough and our troops going away. While I didn't receive one when I graduated I was always happy to see new troopers get one. It was a way of letting the troopers know that they were now a part of the Regiment.

With all the fraud waste and abuse that goes on and the fact that this guys give so much in a time when not all are required to serve, I find the situation very sad.
I'm sad I missed this update. But I will now send a delayed irate letter to Congress.

If anyone has an official source I can quote for the letter, I'd appreciate it.

Old 02-28-2017, 18:19   #140
Lblanch40
Asset

In SF back in the 70's and saw this thread. Inquired about the Yarborough Knife and have gotten vetted to receive one. Purchase made! Excited to have this in my possession, as it is one more reason to be proud of the service to my country and have once been a member of the 7th Special Forces Group! DOL.