Old 08-07-2013, 22:06   #1
judcargile
BANNED USER
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 34
Brand New Day

Lessons Learned:

I do not have a tab.

I can not expect to be equal in the forum.

I can not expect the benefit of the doubt.

It will take time and performance, I will have to show a reason to EARN credibility.

Reasons to start fresh:

If you never quit, you never fail.

I have a responsibility that goes beyond me to serve my contractor.

This forum provides an extraordinary content of insight above and beyond other defense product related forums.

Humility is a virtue, pride is the the root of all of the deadly sins.

Plan of execution:

I have a big shit sandwich, with very little bread to eat here. I am to take what I have coming and respond with "yes sir" and "thank you" as I have found that it even works in shoddy traffic stops because the constitution only protects my rights in some parallel universe. No need to get caught up in the trap of the way things ought to be, it is what it is and you can take the path of least resistance.

With that said, as I remember there seems to be the question of Surefire's HCM being reliable and it makes the world of difference to me regarding the value of trying to develop an M4 platform with an open-bolt capability. I have attempted to look over the issue of being reliable as I had first found, shortly after their being introduced. I believe the Marine Corp did contract a fairly large run of these 60 and 100 round magazines to be used with LWRC's version of the open-bolt design of the M4 that was contracted by the USMC to serve as a SAW in the squad level operations. I have found no information on the current status or reports of that trial being favorable or not.

I did find that within the first year of the release that debris, blow back residue from suppression and tilting followers did cause Surefire to work up a solution and I have not been able to verify that it in fact, resolved those issues.

As to the issue of the beyond debris, but, full blown trash coming into the ejection port of the rifle, outside of having to constantly close the dust cover under movement, I am thinking that in the way of the 4-way fire control group that I have seen, that could be a direction to consider; But, If I had this weapon and I was going to be in an environment that seemed to be prone to fouling up an open chamber, I would select semi/closed bolt config and try to remember the dust cover.

Please keep in mind, I am not presenting a finished project. I am tasked with developing it and right now the basic questions of the open-bolt design remains the first objective to answer.

Below is the basic set up of the Colt LMG. It was different than what I was expected to see. I have heard bad things about it's being reliable and I have heard good things about it. I was told that the Canadian forces use this currently, so, it should be considered; However, I am curious of other designs and need to confirm the Colt design as practical.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m16a2 lmg.jpg (63.8 KB, 451 views)

Last edited by judcargile; 08-07-2013 at 22:08.
judcargile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 23:20   #2
Justinmd
Quiet Professional
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boise area, ID
Posts: 308
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...tomatic-rifle/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M27_Inf...utomatic_Rifle
__________________
"Navajo"
www.KRG-OPS.com
Kinetic Research Group
Justinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 00:41   #3
judcargile
BANNED USER
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 34
Thanks for the (my) update on that project. This makes me want to inquire as to the rumors I have heard about the 416 samples sent to the USMC had broken during evaluation, can anyone hear report anything in authority on that being accurate, exaggerated or just BS?

Piston driven rifles came on the seen a long time after I got out of service, and since the DOD no longer picks out my gear, I have NO desire to mess with anything in a 5.56 caliber, I don't care how easy it is to clean. I think that the cleaner and cooler benefits of a piston operation over gas impingement is absolutely worth sticking with to work the bugs out; However, I have never heard of a model of piston in an AR platform that is truly reliable. I was lucky enough to meet Gene Carino with United Defense Manufacturing Corporation here in Metro Manila. I believe he may have perfected the piston driven AR type rifle and even though he is as new to the game as my US counterpart THOR, he is head and shoulders beyond any operation in the Philippines that I have seen. Even though relatively small, he may be one of the best manufacturers in the world. We do not know when this piston fails.

http://www.udmc-weapons.com/updates/...standard-rifle

Because he used to distribute for LWRC, we absolutely do not want to see a drawing or picture of their open-bolt design. I simply have a series of yes and no questions of anyone who has first hand experience with M4's with an open-bolt models. It is not a must have, but, I try to never operate on theory more than I have to. It can be expensive. There is a need here for this rifle, these little bastards are tough as nails, but, you have to consider that this rifle has also been built into 7.62 calibers. Now most of you are not the size of Asians (I am and I KNOW what it is to carry a load that men twice my size are required to deal with.) So increase your load by a weight of at least 30% and then tell me that you have no interest in carrying a rifle that can perform the function of a light machine gun. .

And yes I have met Col Riker and Maj Van Hoven, we have yet to get very familiar, but, they know who I am.

Last edited by judcargile; 08-08-2013 at 00:43.
judcargile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:18   #4
Justinmd
Quiet Professional
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boise area, ID
Posts: 308
Are you kidding us with this? Seriously. First you don't know that the LWRC rifle wasn't selected to replace the SAW (hence the links I gave you). Then you write as though the piston AR was the shiny new prototype-only invention at SHOT this very year. Then you name drop a guy who basically copied an Adams Arms piston as far as I can see from the website, who coincidentally use to have a relationship with LWRC (similar piston setup). Then you give us this quote, "Because he used to distribute for LWRC, we absolutely do not want to see a drawing or picture of their open-bolt design." It almost seems like you missed a "wink-wink" in there somewhere. Then you name drop another couple of names randomly. I suspect you are not long for this world of QP's.
__________________
"Navajo"
www.KRG-OPS.com
Kinetic Research Group

Last edited by Justinmd; 08-08-2013 at 01:30.
Justinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:09   #5
judcargile
BANNED USER
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 34
I live in Metro Manila and I do work with Gene Carino the founder of UDMC.
My profile on Linkedin is endorsed by him and I have a published project with him, so this can be verified beyond my word. Right now we are swaging projectiles and the open-bolt project is of now a possibility that we are exploring for some of the smaller units here.

Col Riker (retired) and Maj Van Hoven are with JUSMAG Philippines and I have met with them regarding some bidding projects with the DND. Some of their work has them working with concerns in the southern part of this country that some of you are aware of and most likely know them by name.

There is no "wink-wink" with the current LWRC design, I do not want their data and can not for moral and legal reasons. I have to stay 20% outside of their design to not be considered unlawfully infringing on any design patent and if I never see their design, the percentages suggest that I could never come that close. As I said, I just have some yes and no questions to anyone in the know.

The information that I have on the USMC project is years old and I do not deny that. I am very aware that pistons are not new; However, it has only been within the past 60 days that I have even so much as held my first one. You have to take in account that I am not a fan of the 5.56 round at all in any way in any platform and there have been some very nice rifles come through and never ended up in my collection. The FS2000 and Steyr Augs are designs that I covet, but, I am very biased against the 5.56, just my personal preference. I got away from the AR platform completely from the mid 90s to 2009 when I bought the Armalite Super SASS while waiting and hoping to get kel-Tec's RFB. (Lucked up and got 0042!) So my paths crossing with a piston AR or a product that is NFA and not available for civilian transfer made after May of 86 is not that unreasonable. I am more into 7.62 calibers and adore bullpups.

Sir, please take into account that I have only been doing this professionally (and in an apprentice capacity, at that) since May of 2012. If you would like to review the profile that I keep reffering to, I have been contracting around the country as an industrial electrician with a specialization as an instrumentation technician, mainly in petro-chem and nuclear power houses. It is basically a field that deals with automated processes and deals with measurement and control functions. I may not seem like such a wild card if my background were taken into consideration.
judcargile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:52   #6
uspsmark
BANNED USER
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 151
I'm a visitor here, so I'll just make this observation:

True humility doesn't involve continually tooting your own horn. I, and many other non-QP visitors to this site, either learn to ask a question and have respectful back and forth conversations based upon facts or they end up leaving or being sent away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg humility.jpg (16.2 KB, 319 views)
uspsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:27   #7
mdpatterson
Guerrilla
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 120
"The FS2000 and Steyr Augs are designs that I covet"

Have you actually held or fired the FS200? It might be one of the worst designs FN has ever come up with. I have a post sample F2000 and would rather have a 1022 if I had to take it in to a combat zone.
mdpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:06   #8
Paragrouper
Quiet Professional
 
Paragrouper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 515
Warning; Before anyone responds to this gentlemans specific technical questions, please review the Department of State's regulations regarding the export of technical data outside the United States.

While the OP asserts he is a US citizen, he is physically located outside the United States and any information sent to him may constitute an export. I work for a British owned company and we have an extensive interaction with both the Department of State and the Department of Commerce in order to conduct business with a parent company. Thus, we are very careful to stay within the laws and regulations governing export of material and technical data. If a query similar to this came into our office, we would decline to answer. The questions may seem to be innocent, but your responses may include US technology and know how the US Government may control.

To the OP; I strongly suggest you stop, regroup, and carefully consider the rules of our house before you post further.
__________________
DCC

"Beware the fury of of the patient man." ~John Dryden
Paragrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 14:08   #9
judcargile
BANNED USER
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragrouper View Post
Warning; Before anyone responds to this gentlemans specific technical questions, please review the Department of State's regulations regarding the export of technical data outside the United States.

While the OP asserts he is a US citizen, he is physically located outside the United States and any information sent to him may constitute an export. I work for a British owned company and we have an extensive interaction with both the Department of State and the Department of Commerce in order to conduct business with a parent company. Thus, we are very careful to stay within the laws and regulations governing export of material and technical data. If a query similar to this came into our office, we would decline to answer. The questions may seem to be innocent, but your responses may include US technology and know how the US Government may control.

To the OP; I strongly suggest you stop, regroup, and carefully consider the rules of our house before you post further.

We are an ITAR compliant company sir and I am a US citizen on a US server. I think that you would concur that for a US citizen transmitting on a US server and not in contact with someone on a watch list (hmmm, that could be ME! LOL!!) I am out of bounds for even NSA. The point being that If I were to transmit the tech drawing or equiv to a non US citizen without an approved export permit, that would be problematic. for anyone to discuss the issue here with me is NOT export and neither would a transmission to a Knesek Group email address as it is obviously on a US server, Thank You.

Last edited by judcargile; 08-08-2013 at 14:18.
judcargile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 14:30   #10
JHD
Guerrilla
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: DC area
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by judcargile View Post
We are an ITAR compliant company sir and I am a US citizen on a US server. I think that you would concur that for a US citizen transmitting on a US server and not in contact with someone on a watch list (hmmm, that could be ME! LOL!!) I am out of bounds for even NSA. The point being that If I were to transmit the tech drawing or equiv to a non US citizen without an approved export permit, that would be problematic. for anyone to discuss the issue here with me is NOT export and neither would a transmission to a Knesek Group email address as it is obviously on a US server, Thank You.
I am not saying you are not who you say you are. However, no one on this site can know for certain that you are telling the truth. This is a public forum. You could be linking through a VPN that makes it appear that you are on a US server, but in actuality are not.

I would proceed with caution as Paratrooper directed.
JHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 15:20   #11
judcargile
BANNED USER
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpatterson View Post
Have you actually held or fired the FS200? It might be one of the worst designs FN has ever come up with. I have a post sample F2000 and would rather have a 1022 if I had to take it in to a combat zone.

In true form anyone here with connections with the firearms industry seems intent to find a reason to fault the effort of this post, so, we might as well talk guns. I have held the FS2000 and dry fired it. I was pretty disappointed with the trigger, but, I have never had any significant trigger time with it or obviously never had to live with it. You would think that any problems would come from the ejection system; I do have a Kel-Tec RFB and I L-O-V-E it even more than I thought I would. The ejection system does the same function; However, because I am not as familiar with the FS2000, I can not say that they have common designs.

As with the RFB, it would be expected to have "growing pains" with any new design and in my personal opinion, it is high time to move away from the decades old designs of the AR platform (a good one). I am 100% a bullpupophile all day long, the basic presentation makes too much sense not to exploit to it's fullest. The trigger on the RFB is not q-u-i-t-e as sweet as the trigger on the Armalite Super SASS; However, for a bullpup's inherent tendency to have some of the worst triggers in existence, I think George Kellgren did a very good job with this rifle. His production and distribution plan drives me up the freaking wall, but, I have had really good customer service with KT.

So I am curious as to your misgivings on the FS2000, most of the reviews I read were pretty good and I want to say that several countries even picked it up as there service rifle. I also would like to know how you clear it. For me to do a version of SPORTS on the RFB has me imitating a pretzel and the difficulty in observing the condition of the chamber area is the big downfall of the designs on both.
judcargile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 15:26   #12
judcargile
BANNED USER
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 34
[QUOTE=JHD;518394]I am not saying you are not who you say you are. However, no one on this site can know for certain that you are telling the truth. This is a public forum. You could be linking through a VPN that makes it appear that you are on a US server, but in actuality are not.





I am NOT an IT guy and will not pretend to be an authority on this. For the sake of clarification, if not just my own, because I do not want to get on the wrong side of DOS either, believe me. Let us just say that I want to talk about X. We discuss X here on this forum. This Forum is on a US server, right? So in the world of the internet, we are on US soil in a manner of speaking, right?

Last edited by judcargile; 08-08-2013 at 15:52.
judcargile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 15:34   #13
judcargile
BANNED USER
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by judcargile View Post
I am NOT an IT guy and will not pretend to be an authority on this. For the sake of clarification, if not just my own, because I do not want to get on the wrong side of DOS either, believe me. Let us just say that I want to talk about X. We discuss X here on tAttachment 26120his forum. This Forum is on a US server, right? So in the world of the internet, we are on US soil in a manner of speaking, right?

Awwww, HELL!!! Don't you just love it? I can't have NUTH'n! The son of bitch'n license is expired! (4 days by your calendar and 5 days by mine)
judcargile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 15:34   #14
JHD
Guerrilla
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: DC area
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by judcargile View Post
I am NOT an IT guy and will not pretend to be an authority on this. For the sake of clarification, if not just my own, because I do not want to get on the wrong side of DOS either, believe me. Let us just say that I want to talk about X. We discuss X here on tAttachment 26120his forum. This Forum is on a US server, right? So in the world of the internet, we are on US soil in a manner of speaking, right?
Please please please remove your DL image. This site is, I believe, on US soil. However, your server's location, can't truly be verified. That is the issue.

If you want to discuss this issue, and can do so without violating the regulations that Paragrouper mentioned, if your company offers a secure email program to both send and receive emails, that would be the way to go. Otherwise, you may be violating laws, rules, and regs that Paragrouper mentioned by discussing it here.
JHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 16:08   #15
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional
 
Ambush Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: DFW Texas Area
Posts: 4,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHD View Post
Please please please remove your DL image. This site is, I believe, on US soil. However, your server's location, can't truly be verified. That is the issue.

If you want to discuss this issue, and can do so without violating the regulations that Paragrouper mentioned, if your company offers a secure email program to both send and receive emails, that would be the way to go. Otherwise, you may be violating laws, rules, and regs that Paragrouper mentioned by discussing it here.
You've said way too much!! Get the hell back in you LANE and get out of
our way!!

Later
Martin
__________________
Martin sends.
Ambush Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:18.



Copyright 2004-2019 by Professional Soldiers
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies