Old 05-01-2019, 02:01   #2506
SolidJune
Asset

Introduction

First thing first, thank you to all of you who take time out of your day to answer everyone's question about SF. I came to this website with a million and one questions and after reading through this forum for the past 3 days they have all been answered and more.

My name is Jeffrey, I was born in Honduras and moved here to the US at the age of 7. I have been raised all my life 20 minutes from D.C. in Northern Virginia. I have come to love this country and all the opportunities it has given me and my family. I will be joining the Army as an 11x with hopefully an option 4. I have gone through MEPS and been cleared, just waiting to sign my contract. Initially I wanted to join as an 18x but being a permanent resident I will go the route of joining first and then submitting my SF packet. I have read Get Selected twice now. With this forum and Get Selected I'm on full throttle with "Cast or Tab." I look forward to learning more from this forum as I go through my journey in the Army. Thanks for having me and thanks for making this site possible.
SolidJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:57   #2507
BlackSunrise
Quiet Professional

Intro post

Greetings,

My name is Brian and it is great to be apart of this site! I have gained a lot of useful information from the QPs in many threads prior to going to SFQC in 2006 and throughout my attendance in the "Q" as a young 18E candidate. I have also returned many times to this site while deployed looking up great information on either MOS specific topics or relevant theater knowledge. It's been way to long to not be a member here!!

I graduated the "Q" in 2007 and was assigned to 1/10 SFG(A) as an 18E in late 2007. Since then I have served on multiple deployments across Eastern Europe, Africa and Afghanistan. It has been one hell of a ride with 10 years straight team time; serving on SFOD-As 0124, 0334,0316 and 0314-most of those years spent on MFF teams.

I am currently a 180A and serve as the TSD OIC for 10th SFG(A). I have 20 years of overall military service (also had a three year break in service before I came back in and went SF). Prior MOS's include; 11C, 88N, and of course 18E.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to participate in some worthwhile conversations and lend some knowledge and experience as well as continue learning from others and adding to my toolbox-this is a great place to do both!

Love the job, love the brotherhood,

DOL!

Last edited by BlackSunrise; 05-06-2019 at 13:01.
BlackSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:24   #2508
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSunrise View Post
Greetings,

My name is Brian and it is great to be apart of this site! I have gained a lot of useful information from the QPs in many threads prior to going to SFQC in 2006 and throughout my attendance in the "Q" as a young 18E candidate. I have also returned many times to this site while deployed looking up great information on either MOS specific topics or relevant theater knowledge. It's been way to long to not be a member here!!

I graduated the "Q" in 2007 and was assigned to 1/10 SFG(A) as an 18E in late 2007. Since then I have served on multiple deployments across Eastern Europe, Africa and Afghanistan. It has been one hell of a ride with 10 years straight team time; serving on SFOD-As 0124, 0334,0316 and 0314-most of those years spent on MFF teams.

I am currently a 180A and serve as the TSD OIC for 10th SFG(A). I have 20 years of overall military service (also had a three year break in service before I came back in and went SF). Prior MOS's include; 11C, 88N, and of course 18E.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to participate in some worthwhile conversations and lend some knowledge and experience as well as continue learning from others and adding to my toolbox-this is a great place to do both!

Love the job, love the brotherhood,

DOL!
Welcome aboard. You just missed me, I left the committee as a civ instructor in Sep 06 to go up to DOT-D. However I frequent the committee at least 2X a week All the Civ instructor gang are still there. Doing good things.

Keep on driving on... DOL
I, R_____ M____ G____ do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. (5 U.S.C. 3331)
glebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:36   #2509
PRB
Quiet Professional

Welcome back to the site Chief.
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:30   #2510
BlackSunrise
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
Welcome aboard. You just missed me, I left the committee as a civ instructor in Sep 06 to go up to DOT-D. However I frequent the committee at least 2X a week All the Civ instructor gang are still there. Doing good things.

Keep on driving on... DOL
Thanks, I've been back a few times to visit myself. The old compound is set up quite different now from when I attended the course. I wont forget all the damn p.t. we did out in those woods before class!
Old 05-08-2019, 10:32   #2511
BlackSunrise
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
Welcome back to the site Chief.
Thanks PRB! Ahhh, just kicking myself for waiting so long to become a member here!