Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2020, 16:03   #46
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
I'm a fan of African and Indonesian single source beans - the darker the roast the better for me. I'm currently on a Tanzanian peaberry kick, but love my Sumatran as well. And I'm also a French press guy.

I drink the cheap stuff in large quantities in the hospital, but make the good stuff at home for myself, friends and family.
Nice to see you back Doc !

Been a minute.

Yeah, dark brews are interesting. I’ll have to take a look at those suggestions. I’ve been happy with the simplicity of the aforementioned espresso. But, with Christmas coming may need to upgrade. Thanks.
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 17:27   #47
JGC2
Quiet Professional
 
JGC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FTCKY
Posts: 153
Good coffee recommendations, fellas.

Now that BRCC is in the crosshairs of patriots, damning evidence continues to mount. Hafer's political donations are disgusting...

https://twitter.com/FenixAmmunition/...960954883?s=19
__________________
"Alabama soldiers...all I ask of you is to keep up with the Texans!" - Robert E. Lee, before the Battle of the Wilderness
JGC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 18:33   #48
Gypsy
Area Commander
 
Gypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Midwest
Posts: 7,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Now, I use a glass french press at home.
Love mine!

My brother has been roasting beans lately as a hobby. After 26 batches he sent me a bit, I was impressed!
__________________
My Heroes wear camouflage.
Gypsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 18:51   #49
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Love mine!

My brother has been roasting beans lately as a hobby. After 26 batches he sent me a bit, I was impressed!
26 batches later he prolly has it down to a science !

Ohhh, that aroma !

__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:20   #50
JimP
Quiet Professional
 
JimP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: State of confusion
Posts: 1,277
I'd just urge a little caution here. I went and read the docs posted. It looks like there was a kerfuffle from some female "PAO" for the company and the message put out. it was corrected. The statement released post-kerfluffle simply stated that they don't support Kyle. I read that as in they are not providing him with $$ in his current situation. I did NOT read it as they are not ideologically in-line with his actions of that night. Reasonable minds may differ.


I don't know Hafer. I DO know a guy still active in the community involved with them and he is the real deal. He is real quiet for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't go and accuse them of "stolen valor" based upon some inartful reporting of a highly-charged incident.

Give them the same break that you would want if you were to suddenly pop up in the press unintentionally. Do you think you'd get a fair break in the press?
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:52   #51
Box
Quiet Professional
 
Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 4,598
For clarity - no accusation at all from me - I'm simply surprised to see them getting lambasted on Twizzler for association and political donations. They have been around for quite some years now and this is the first time I have ever heard their actions brought into question.
__________________
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:14   #52
rsdengler
Guerrilla Chief
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Nice to see you back Doc !

Been a minute.

Yeah, dark brews are interesting. I’ll have to take a look at those suggestions. I’ve been happy with the simplicity of the aforementioned espresso. But, with Christmas coming may need to upgrade. Thanks.
I only drink the dark brews, I just like that strong but smooth flavor. No sugar, that I cannot stand in coffee, but I do have to have a bit of fresh cream. I do grind my own as well, it's my home spray when I grind lol....... Damnit, I need a cup right now....I'm freezing and have a damn headache....
__________________
“Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart


Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 14:13   #53
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
I only drink the dark brews, I just like that strong but smooth flavor. No sugar, that I cannot stand in coffee, but I do have to have a bit of fresh cream. I do grind my own as well, it's my home spray when I grind lol....... Damnit, I need a cup right now....I'm freezing and have a damn headache....
Sounds like you could use a caffè corretto !

Add a dash of your favorite spirit.

Feel better !
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 14:44   #54
Box
Quiet Professional
 
Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 4,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Add a dash of your favorite spirit...
So many choices...
Baileys
Kahlua
Grand Marnier
Disarrono
Brandy

hell, just a good old fashioned Irish coffee can brighten your day
__________________
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 14:54   #55
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,701
Never, and I mean never in 2020 underestimate the power and joy of day drinking !

And, with a touch of cafecito...no guilt !

Prosit !
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 17:02   #56
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 5,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Prosit !
Everytime I hear that it takes me back to a movie, home on leave and I hear: "No, on the tripod! You must PUT IT ON THE TRIPOD!"

Bueno. Now we can have coffee.
__________________
"Civil Wars don't start when a few guys hunt down a specific bastard. Civil Wars start when many guys hunt down the nearest bastards."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 17:11   #57
tonyz
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 4,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Everytime I hear that it takes me back to a movie, home on leave and I hear: "No, on the tripod! You must PUT IT ON THE TRIPOD!"

Bueno. Now we can have coffee.
Well, let’s do it again !

Prosit Badger !!!!
__________________
The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 18:03   #58
Gypsy
Area Commander
 
Gypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Midwest
Posts: 7,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
26 batches later he prolly has it down to a science !

Ohhh, that aroma !

He's kind of a perfectionist!
__________________
My Heroes wear camouflage.
Gypsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 19:16   #59
Penn
Area Commander
 
Penn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,110
BRCC, is solid. No question about authtenicity or personal Bone Fides, GRS teams, RR, etc,.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:10   #60
JGC2
Quiet Professional
 
JGC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FTCKY
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I'd just urge a little caution here. I went and read the docs posted. It looks like there was a kerfuffle from some female "PAO" for the company and the message put out. it was corrected. The statement released post-kerfluffle simply stated that they don't support Kyle. I read that as in they are not providing him with $$ in his current situation. I did NOT read it as they are not ideologically in-line with his actions of that night. Reasonable minds may differ.


I don't know Hafer. I DO know a guy still active in the community involved with them and he is the real deal. He is real quiet for obvious reasons.

I wouldn't go and accuse them of "stolen valor" based upon some inartful reporting of a highly-charged incident.

Give them the same break that you would want if you were to suddenly pop up in the press unintentionally. Do you think you'd get a fair break in the press?
He said he was "not okay" with a picture of Rittenhouse wearing a BRCC t-shirt, then he liked a tweet calling Rittenhouse a "punk ass" (screenshots below). That's gay, and the ridicule Hafer has gotten from doing so is well-deserved.

And IRT the stolen valor claims, I stand by my belief that his direct quote of 300 days per year for 10 years is BS. If it was "inartful" reporting, he could easily have that claim taken out, but it still exists on multiple sites.

IMO Rittenhouse is the perfect wedge issue for 2020 America. You either support him or you don't, and your choice makes it clear where you stand on the divide in this country that looks less and less repairable every day. Absolutely no excuse for a company whose entire persona is predicated on pro-gun sentiment to refuse to actively endorse him. This kid shot commie pedophile rapists in self defense for crying out loud, there probably hasn't been more of a clear cut case for the SOF community to rally around since Randy Weaver. The unwillingness of our community to go all in on advocacy for this kid, meaning that anyone who doesn't get fully onboard gets ridiculed into oblivion, even if it's one of our own, just baffles me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2020-11-25_02-09-25.jpg (39.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2020-11-25_02-09-25 (2).jpg (46.0 KB, 41 views)
__________________
"Alabama soldiers...all I ask of you is to keep up with the Texans!" - Robert E. Lee, before the Battle of the Wilderness

Last edited by JGC2; 11-25-2020 at 01:20.
JGC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:58.



Copyright 2004-2021 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies