Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Special Forces Questions

Graduation Logistics
Old 02-04-2018, 20:48   #1
18XP
Asset

Graduation Logistics

Son is in his final MOS phase with a tentative grad date in July. The difference between airline prices three months before vs. a couple of weeks before will be significant, especially given the number of family members we hope to have traveling (not to mention accommodations). So when can we expect a firm date? Yes, something can go south, but he's been successful with every previous phase, including SOCM and SUT, so I'm willing to bet on him. The only variable is the actual grad date. When does that get settled?

Old 02-04-2018, 22:33   #2
18C4V
Quiet Professional

What’s his class number?

Old 02-04-2018, 22:42   #3
7624U
Quiet Professional

You would have to ask him his class number. also all depends on what his MOS is we have a back log on some MOS's and a shortage of others.
He still has Robin Sage after MOS phase. Never count eggs in the basket while walking to your house always a stone to trip over.
NM he is a 18D

"Robert A. Heinlein"

Last edited by 7624U; 02-04-2018 at 22:44.

I Jinxed Him
Old 02-05-2018, 20:57   #4
18XP
Asset

I Jinxed Him

Son calls up this morning. They had 47 guys for 40 slots. Cadre asked for volunteers to wait for the next rotation. Two guys volunteered due to things like weddings and babies. There being no more volunteers, they said, "Okay, this row is waiting for the next round." He happened to be sitting in that row.

So, he's waiting until March to start. In the meantime, he's been told he will shadow the class, including sitting in on surgeries. He just doesn't get his patient and can't actually do anything. There are man's plans, there are God's pans, and there are the Army's plans. The first two sometimes make sense.

Or, maybe not...
Old 02-06-2018, 22:39   #5
18XP
Asset

Or, maybe not...

There's a long story that I don't fully understand, and would not get into even if i did, but he's back in. Summation, it's the Army being the Army.

I would consider this question answered very well by events.