Go Back   Professional Soldiers > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-09-2018, 21:56   #226
Penn
Area Commander

Concise, factual, a 2 minute warning - Stand Up - in my mind.

Quote:
The country is terrified about having a rational and logical discussion about almost every great issue of our times: unsustainable national debts and deficits, the new nexus between leftwing plutocracy and populism, the viability of Social Security and Medicare, deteriorating race relations, the Soviet-style American campus, global warming, and the deterioration of medical care. Instead, to preclude honest talk, we offer perfunctory charges of sexism and racism, and seek cover in “fairness” and “equality.”
The redistributionist, equality-of-result state — fueled by a national progressive ideology — is the new deity that determines what is free expression. Blasphemy is now defined as daring to use logic and evidence to expose the state’s failed, deductive tenets.
http://victorhanson.com/wordpress/bu...dark-age-mind/

Last edited by Penn; 02-09-2018 at 22:24.

Old 02-11-2018, 00:27   #227
sfshooter
Guerrilla

I am reminded of The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. Our society is deteriorating and our elected officials (the vast majority) are participating in the degradation of our country. I'm not sure how we can climb back up from the abyss we have fallen into.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason

Old 02-11-2018, 09:18   #228
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
Concise, factual, a 2 minute warning - Stand Up - in my mind.

http://victorhanson.com/wordpress/bu...dark-age-mind/
Finest Kind, Penn! Poignant, well argued, and precisely on point IMHO.

And, sfshooter, you are correct in your analogy, but don't despair.

Hold Fast, the leftist agenda is coming unraveled. One thing is for certain, us "Deplorables" can sense the Truth, we readily recognize BS and we don't back down so easily.

It's a culture war that will be a long haul and it will get ugly from time-to-time. Take heart in that DJT is Galt-like, so in the end we will prevail!

I've said it before, I think this forum is Galt's Gulch so keep the Faith!

Old 02-12-2018, 20:25   #229
sfshooter
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper John View Post
Finest Kind, Penn! Poignant, well argued, and precisely on point IMHO.

And, sfshooter, you are correct in your analogy, but don't despair.

Hold Fast, the leftist agenda is coming unraveled. One thing is for certain, us "Deplorables" can sense the Truth, we readily recognize BS and we don't back down so easily.

It's a culture war that will be a long haul and it will get ugly from time-to-time. Take heart in that DJT is Galt-like, so in the end we will prevail!

I've said it before, I think this forum is Galt's Gulch so keep the Faith!
Well, TJ, I do get disgusted at times but I have never truly lost the faith in this country. I know we will prevail or I will go down fighting to ensure we do. The true patriots in this country really don't have a voice that can drown out the Pravda networks. Not to say there is no voice, just that the unaware of our society never hear them.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason

Last edited by sfshooter; 02-12-2018 at 20:26. Reason: spelling

Old 02-13-2018, 06:37   #230
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfshooter View Post
Well, TJ, I do get disgusted at times but I have never truly lost the faith in this country. I know we will prevail or I will go down fighting to ensure we do. The true patriots in this country really don't have a voice that can drown out the Pravda networks. Not to say there is no voice, just that the unaware of our society never hear them.
They don’t need to be drown out. They are failing with their message. People are running to the internet in droves. As seen in viewership and the fact NYT is stating print will be dead in 10 yrs. they killed it with partisan reporting.

Once on the internet, you are presented with Ben Shapiro, Mark Dice, Steven Crowder, et.al. Once they start hearing REAL conservatism and not the RINO party line on Fox or the American Pravda propaganda on the other stations, they are in for an awakening.

The sleepers are awakening (woking, for the millennials on here).

I find it funny that the libs think THEY are the Resistance. It’s all part of the communist playbook. They are always the down trodden, they are always for the struggle. But, THEY are the government right now, they are the deep state, they have the president against the ropes. They are NOT the resistance! They are the disease, they are big gubmint. Government has always been the problem and the founding fathers knew this. They tried to explain it but we were to stupid to listen.

“A Republic, if you can keep it!”

ETA: They have NO IDEA what a/the resistance really is/means. The Masters of Chaos that roam these boards would have a field day.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." Jeff Cooper

Last edited by miclo18d; 02-13-2018 at 06:43.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:33   #231
Golf1echo
Guerrilla Chief

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
^
Insightful, I'm seeing the same...it's hard to keep believing that same old propaganda when it goes nowhere productive.

I continue to marvel at our Founding Fathers and the results of their work.

You said it and it does take work it's not ever a given...

A Republic, if you can keep it!

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Old 02-13-2018, 13:39   #232
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post

ETA: They have NO IDEA what a/the resistance really is/means. The Masters of Chaos that roam these boards would have a field day.

Old 02-13-2018, 13:58   #233
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

miclo18d, I take issue with one thing you said
Quote:
they have the president against the ropes.

Nope, and I hope they think so! He has them chasing the next shiny object at his will. DJT is a master of misdirection and they fall for it every time.

Meanwhile he is moving his agenda forward step by step. His tactics have put them in the "no message" position. The real truth is emerging and that coupled with his successes (tax reform, immigration reform, infrastructure rebuilding, not to mention the foreign policy successes, balancing trade, and repatriation of $Trilions) will redefine the political landscape forever.

Look for the real draining of the swamp to begin in 2019. Then they will wake up to the reality that is upon them , but it will be too late. JMHO

Old 02-13-2018, 16:43   #234
echoes
Area Commander

Thumbs up

Quote:
miclo18d, I take issue with one thing you said .

Nope, and I hope they think so! He has them chasing the next shiny object at his will. DJT is a master of misdirection and they fall for it every time.

Meanwhile he is moving his agenda forward step by step. His tactics have put them in the "no message" position. The real truth is emerging and that coupled with his successes (tax reform, immigration reform, infrastructure rebuilding, not to mention the foreign policy successes, balancing trade, and repatriation of $Trilions) will redefine the political landscape forever.

Look for the real draining of the swamp to begin in 2019. Then they will wake up to the reality that is upon them , but it will be too late. JMHO
TJ, very inspiring words! It is a tremendous thing when someone can articulate so well, the truth!

The financial sector does not lie, and indeed finally Our Country is seeing gains for the first time in a long time. Go-Trump-Go! And guess what, the big zero needs to face reality; Trump is your President, so suck it up buttercup!

JMHO,

Holly

Old 02-13-2018, 18:39   #235
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
miclo18d, I take issue with one thing you said .

I guess what I mean by against the ropes is that he is assailed on all sides. Of course the dems, the meadia, but also his own administration (deep state) and the RINOs. He has a tough road ahead and I support him in that! Im wringing my hands in anticipation for when the tide completely turns and all the skinny dippers are exposed.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." Jeff Cooper

DRAIN THE SWAMP????
Old 02-13-2018, 22:24   #236
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

DRAIN THE SWAMP????

START WITH, DOJ HOLDOVERS LIKE ROB ROSENSTEIN,ANDREW WEISSMAN, ANDREW McCARTHY & ALL ASST.U S ATTORNEYS APPOINTED BY BARRY OBAMA. THE F B I LEFT OVERS LISA PAGE & PETER STRUCK.....FIRE MULLER NOW.....................TOM KELLY

Old 02-14-2018, 06:39   #237
Box
Quiet Professional

instead of trying to drain the swamp... maybe just flood it

drown the mammals - they deserve it - without a food source, the reptiles will start eating themselves

win-win
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, or The 1st Special Forces Regiment. These opinions are provided purely as social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

...Hillary Klint0n is NOT my president

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing