Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 06-06-2017, 07:59   #31
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional
 
JJ_BPK's Avatar
 
JJ_BPK is online now
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NOVA
Posts: 8,723
Looks like Canada has been reading this thread??


Quote:
New CANSOF Dress Uniform

At CANSEC, Logistik Unicorp unveiled the new dress uniform for CANSOF personnel.

Reminiscent of US WWII issue ‘Pinks and Greens’, the uniform honors CANSOF’s lineage back to the service with the joint Canada/US unit, the First Special Service Force. Like the famed Black Devils, unit members will wear bloused jump boots, as well as a more modern affectation, their distictive Tan beret.



http://soldiersystems.net/2017/06/05...dress-uniform/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2284-440x1147.jpg (28.7 KB, 57 views)
__________________
Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh sula mbeadh a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2017, 13:53   #32
PRB
Quiet Professional
 
PRB's Avatar
 
PRB is online now
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Looks like Canada has been reading this thread??
Nice. Looks like a military uniform and not like our present circus outfit.

Oh, and when I'm recalled to active duty as the SMA (waiting by the phone as we speak)....I will decree certain decorations now null and void....glad to be in the Army ribbon, I went to NCO school ribbon, the Army Achievement Ribbon (replaced with a 3 day pass) etc....

Last edited by PRB; 06-06-2017 at 13:56.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2017, 15:25   #33
Badger52
Area Commander
 
Badger52's Avatar
 
Badger52 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western WI
Posts: 3,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
Oh, and when I'm recalled to active duty as the SMA (waiting by the phone as we speak)....I will decree certain decorations now null and void....glad to be in the Army ribbon, I went to NCO school ribbon, the Army Achievement Ribbon (replaced with a 3 day pass) etc....
Hope you get the call Sergeant Major. Few years back as I was planning out a shadow box in prep for daughter's retirement I started researching some of these little pretties and it was quite the "holy shit, what IS this stuff?" experience.
__________________
The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2017, 16:23   #34
Brush Okie
Area Commander
 
Brush Okie's Avatar
 
Brush Okie is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 4,261
What gets me is all the problems the military has now they worry about stupid shit and spend millions of dollars on new PT uniforms, new dress uniforms etc. I would like the find who it was implemented the PT belt and choke him out with one.

How about spending time and resources doing something like ohhh fuck I don't know, ammo for live fire training. Combat training. Marksmanship training.

I know I know weird ideas.

Rant off now.
__________________
What doesn't kill me better start running.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2017, 16:38   #35
PRB
Quiet Professional
 
PRB's Avatar
 
PRB is online now
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
What gets me is all the problems the military has now they worry about stupid shit and spend millions of dollars on new PT uniforms, new dress uniforms etc. I would like the find who it was implemented the PT belt and choke him out with one.

How about spending time and resources doing something like ohhh fuck I don't know, ammo for live fire training. Combat training. Marksmanship training.

I know I know weird ideas.

Rant off now.
Normally I would agree 100%...but I'd like to compromise and get rid of the present abomination and actually see soldiers in a military uniform...then leave it the fuck alone.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2017, 08:51   #36
MR2
Quiet Professional
 
MR2's Avatar
 
MR2 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
Normally I would agree 100%...but I'd like to compromise and get rid of the present abomination and actually see soldiers in a military uniform...then leave it the fuck alone.
Agreed. My implementation of a "dress" uniform would be a sash that all the attaboys would be attached to, easily donned, and rolled up for the next payday formation.
__________________
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer


I've always thought America was Great. Wouldn't it just be Great if we made it America Again?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2017, 16:49   #37
Airbornelawyer
Moderator
 
Airbornelawyer's Avatar
 
Airbornelawyer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
Agreed. My implementation of a "dress" uniform would be a sash that all the attaboys would be attached to, easily donned, and rolled up for the next payday formation.
Kinda like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kang2268.jpg (48.1 KB, 16 views)
__________________
Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you will feed him for the rest of his life.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2017, 20:13   #38
PRB
Quiet Professional
 
PRB's Avatar
 
PRB is online now
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
Agreed. My implementation of a "dress" uniform would be a sash that all the attaboys would be attached to, easily donned, and rolled up for the next payday formation.
Ok, not a bad idea really...simple and sweet. I'd say a simple sam brown leather belt and miniature sized or full sized gongs for full dress mess.

OTOH, who made the freakin rule we needed a different uniform for formal events...we do not.

I'll say it again.

There is no need for a set of dress blues or a mess uniform...none. Class A's are totally appropriate and no stupid ass bow tie.

One very military uniform for all dress occasions....period. (still waiting on that phone call btw)....
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:17.



Copyright 2004-2015 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies