Old 11-15-2018, 11:21   #1
chdoro89
Asset
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 13
Recent SFAS

A female was just selected in the most recent SFAS class. Thoughts?
chdoro89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:31   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional
 
Team Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 20,927
Home run for the social justice warriors......

Home run for the social justice warriors.

And thank you Special Forces officers that lowered the standards until a female could pass.

(A small bird already told me that she was dropped by the cadre and pushed through by an "officer". My guess is that she's an officer herself?)

But seriously who cares..............
__________________
"The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where they are."
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:27   #3
tom kelly
Quiet Professional
 
tom kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Posts: 861
STANDARDS ????

WHY HAVE THEM when The PC, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION MOB, lowers them so that there is "more diversity" in the military.!! MY PREDICTION; This new candidate will not be accepted by the rank and file SF community. REMEMBER Kate Wilder ????? Where is she now.???? Who gives a s_ _ t... TO BE A LEADER YOU MUST HAVE RESPECT... and RESPECT is not handed out; IT HAS TO BE EARNED. Enough of my personal thoughts on gender equality...tom kelly
__________________
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN: BUT, NOBODY WANTS TO DIE.
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:35   #4
Pete
Quiet Professional
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 12,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdoro89 View Post
A female was just selected in the most recent SFAS class. Thoughts?
My thoughts are just why you popped up with no thoughts of your own. From your profile you don't have a dog in the fight. From your posts you claim to be a Rep63.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 13:26   #5
chdoro89
Asset
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 13
Personally I don’t think it’s going to work out for her, it’s going to be an uphill battle and very few will accept her. Not to mention the natural stressors associated with the job.
chdoro89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 14:11   #6
Pete
Quiet Professional
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 12,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdoro89 View Post
Personally I don’t think it’s going to work out for her, it’s going to be an uphill battle and very few will accept her. Not to mention the natural stressors associated with the job.
And you base your opinion off what experience on a team? Have you graduated the Q Course and been assigned to one?

If you have you may want to update your profile.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 18:00   #7
DavyJonesLockr
SF Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Southeast, US
Posts: 7
SFAS and Q course

Do you think that has anything to do with the rumors of the selection and Q course being condensed?
DavyJonesLockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:05   #8
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional
 
Team Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 20,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyJonesLockr View Post
Do you think that has anything to do with the rumors of the selection and Q course being condensed?
No, it does have everything to do with lowering the standards until a female could pass.

Remember SFAS was started because so many soldiers failed the SFQC, Phase One used to be extremely "brutal". 65lb ruck + weapon, + LBE and run for 10-20 miles........... Few "men" could do it. And it's gone. Standards lowered.

Now, females can pass SFAS. And the new SFQC is a cake walk. But that's ok, A-Teams are used to having non-combatants as attachments..........

Just wait until wonder-woman goes hands on with another SF soldier........ or an enemy soldier.......
__________________
"The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where they are."
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:31   #9
Box
Quiet Professional
 
Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 3,941
all are equal

all must be same same
__________________
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, or The 1st Special Forces Regiment. These opinions are provided purely as social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

...Hillary Klint0n is NOT my president


"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 15:51   #10
glebo
Quiet Professional
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hope Mills, NC
Posts: 2,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
No, it does have everything to do with lowering the standards until a female could pass.

Remember SFAS was started because so many soldiers failed the SFQC, Phase One used to be extremely "brutal". 65lb ruck + weapon, + LBE and run for 10-20 miles........... Few "men" could do it. And it's gone. Standards lowered.

Now, females can pass SFAS. And the new SFQC is a cake walk. But that's ok, A-Teams are used to having non-combatants as attachments..........

Just wait until wonder-woman goes hands on with another SF soldier........ or an enemy soldier.......
Can't wait for the 1st TM party with wives and whomever. (Been discussed before)
__________________
I, R_____ M____ G____ do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. (5 U.S.C. §3331)
glebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 16:19   #11
tom kelly
Quiet Professional
 
tom kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Posts: 861
Team Party.???

WAIT, until COMBAT comes to The FEBA and wonder woman starts saying and doing Stupid Shit.....The Cover-Up begins...
__________________
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN: BUT, NOBODY WANTS TO DIE.
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:07   #12
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional
 
Team Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 20,927
The time of "alpha males" is over.

It is time for the Beta males and Alpha Females to dominate this nation.

Get used to it.

I'll be fishing.
__________________
"The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where they are."
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:15   #13
bandycpa
Guerrilla Chief
 
bandycpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SW Virginia
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
all are equal

all must be same same
This honestly could work, but only if the standard is the actual standard required to complete the job and not just to allow people to pass. I mean this for all walks of life too. I earned my CPA not because someone thought I should get it, or because I came from a rural area, or because of any other perceive disadvantage I had that entitled me to get my designation. I earned it because I met a standard that our industry said I needed to meet to properly serve in my profession.

We have changed the perspective of the standard to mean what a person needs to pass a course, obtain a position, etc. The standard is what is needed for a job to get done, not to allow someone to claim a certification.

So, change the perspective on what the standard means, and suddenly gender doesn't matter anymore. You either meet the standard or you don't.
__________________
“Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.”—Hemingway.
bandycpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 13:42   #14
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional
 
Team Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 20,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandycpa View Post
This honestly could work, but only if the standard is the actual standard required to complete the job and not just to allow people to pass. I mean this for all walks of life too. I earned my CPA not because someone thought I should get it, or because I came from a rural area, or because of any other perceive disadvantage I had that entitled me to get my designation. I earned it because I met a standard that our industry said I needed to meet to properly serve in my profession.

We have changed the perspective of the standard to mean what a person needs to pass a course, obtain a position, etc. The standard is what is needed for a job to get done, not to allow someone to claim a certification.

So, change the perspective on what the standard means, and suddenly gender doesn't matter anymore. You either meet the standard or you don't.

WOW I had no idea that earning a CPA degree took such brutal physical effort!

Well done! Good to know that the CPA certification is still held to the highest standards!

Here's your participation award.

I for one am glad to hear that lowering the standards until all can pass is "ok" with the general public. Thanks, you've renewed my faith in the American sheeple.

TS
__________________
"The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where they are."
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 14:07   #15
tom kelly
Quiet Professional
 
tom kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Posts: 861
"AFFIRMATIVE ACTION"

WILL THIS HELP IN CATCHING FISH.??? DO THE FISH KNOW ABOUT LOWER STANDARDS, CATCH MORE FISH WITHOUT A ROD, A REEL, LINE & FLY...BECAUSE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION YOU JUST NEED TO BE NEAR FISH & WANT TO CATCH THEM... However, IF YOU COME UP EMPTY... COMPLAIN ABOUT WHITE PRIVILEDGE, RACISM, MYSOGONMY, AND ANY OTHER ASSHAT EXCUSE THAT THE PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL SOCIALIST LEFT APPROVES. AT THE END OF YOUR FAILURE TO CATCH FISH...TAKE YOUR ACCESS CARD TO A SUPERMARKET & PURCHASE FISH WITH MY TAX $$$$.
__________________
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN: BUT, NOBODY WANTS TO DIE.
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:27.



Copyright 2004-2019 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies