Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 03-01-2021, 07:59   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Is Mmilitary.com WOKE?

I'm sure there is some valid reasoning behind the statics of the demonstrations.
But why publish it to the troops?
Are they trying to scare them??
Is military.com an arm of the ThinkPol?

Quote:

Marines, Infantry Most Highly Represented Among Veterans Arrested After Capitol Riot, 26 Feb 2021, Military.com | By Gina Harkins and Hope Hodge Seck

Thomas Webster was carrying a large pole with the iconic scarlet and gold U.S. Marine Corps flag on the end when his image was caught on the body camera of a police officer dispatched to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

Webster, a retired New York Police Department officer who served as a Marine infantry rifleman, was allegedly filmed berating the cop while holding the flag bearing the eagle, globe, and anchor.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...C=eb_210301.nl
PS: I'm not defending violence but I strongly support peaceful disobedience.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Veterans Accused in the Capitol Riots (4).jpg (17.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg pub-chart-capitol-riot-job-type-1200.jpg (21.4 KB, 41 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:03   #2
Sohei
Area Commander

I believe that in the very near future (not that it isn't happening now), any form of protest against the prevailing *government's thoughts* will be deemed violent and rallied against by the powers that be. This will just confirm to their weak minds that Veterans are evil trouble makers.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:51   #3
JimP
Quiet Professional

Sohei is spot-on. They are riding the "attack on the capitol" BS to new lockdowns and deprivations of civil liberties. Ask how many people with military/LEO ties were balled up in the mostly-peaceful protest that day... (five); unworthy of declaring a Jihad amongst the ranks.

What about bloods/crips/MS 13/Tengo smash/latin kings/antifa/BLM within the ranks...?? Oh....yeah, right....not interested. just you white dudes.

Anyone remember the 82d in the mid '90's with all the white cats falling out, stripping for tattoo inspection?
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:55   #4
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Anyone remember the 82d in the mid '90's with all the white cats falling out, stripping for tattoo inspection?
90's ??

Bro - they were having troops photograph, submit, and document their tattoos during the Obama administration.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:53   #5
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
I'm sure there is some valid reasoning behind the statics of the demonstrations.
But why publish it to the troops?
Are they trying to scare them??
Is military.com an arm of the ThinkPol?

PS: I'm not defending violence but I strongly support peaceful disobedience.
How many had shoe's on instead of boots.

I still have a flip phone so I must me a danger to everyone around me.

"Robert A. Heinlein"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 15:04   #6
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Separated Early is a military Job?

Is that the same as the old "I came in for the college money?"

Just glad those protesters took the time to complete the survey on the way off the Mall

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 16:34   #7
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
(Georgia) House Bill 531 passed the lower legislative chamber by a vote of 97-72. It now goes to the state Senate for more debate.

The far-reaching bill would require a photo ID for absentee voting , limit the amount of time voters have to request an absentee ballot, restrict where ballot drop boxes could be located and when they could be accessed and limit early voting hours on weekends, among many other changes.

“It’s pathetically obvious to anyone paying attention that when Trump lost the November election and Georgia flipped control of the U.S. Senate to Democrats shortly after, Republicans got the message that they were in a political death spiral,” said Democratic Rep. Renitta Shannon. “And now they are doing anything they can to silence the voices of Black and brown voters specifically, because they largely powered these wins."

Dozens of protesters gathered just outside the Capitol on Monday in opposition to the bill, chanting “say no to voter suppression” and “protect the vote.” (End of bootlegged AP article.)
Quote:
As Georgia Republican lawmakers continue to advance legislation that would remake the state’s voting laws, opponents are pushing back – both inside and outside the Capitol. Despite barricades surrounding the state Capitol building, dozens of protesters got as close as they could Thursday morning to wave signs, chant and...
Ok, that's enough for me. Domestic Terrorists; next case.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 19:54   #8
Badger52
Area Commander

Go woke, go broke?

Maybe the SJWs in other places need to get some U-T Longhorn Alumni spine. Kind of amusing; "The Eyes of Texas" being disrespected seems to be that line in the sand for some.
Quote:
Emails were sent to University of Texas president Jay Hartzell, and they demanded that the school stands up to the "cancel culture" or else they will no longer receive donations from some of their richest alumni.

"My wife and I have given an endowment in excess of $1 million to athletics. This could very easily be rescinded if things don’t drastically change around here," one donor wrote back in October. His name wasn’t revealed by UT-Austin because open records laws protect certain donor identities. "Has everyone become oblivious of who supports athletics??"

Many alumni were furious when a photo showed Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger as the only player showing pride in the school’s longtime tradition, when players and coaches stand for the song and hold up the "hook 'em horns" hand signal before and after games. The team had just lost in quadruple overtime to Oklahoma in the 2020 Red River Shootout. However, other photos revealed that other players joined Ehlinger on the field for the song.

"It is disgraceful to see the lack of unity and our fiercest competitor Sam Ehlinger standing nearly alone," another donor wrote. "It is symbolic of the disarray of this football program which you inherited. The critical race theory garbage that has been embraced by the football program and the University is doing massive irreparable damage to our glorious institution and the country. It has got to stop." (emphasis mine)

"[Alumni] are pulling planned gifts, canceling donations, walking away from causes and programs that have been their passion for years, even decades and turning away in disgust. Last night one texted me at 1:00 am, trying to find a way to revoke a 7-figure donation," President of the Longhorn Alumni Band Charitable Fund Board of Trustees Kent Kostka wrote to a group of administrators, including Hartzell. "This is not hyperbole or exaggeration. Real damage is being done every day by the ongoing silence."

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote