Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2015, 22:27   #1
BigRod163
Asset
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: America
Posts: 4
Oxidative Stress: we all have it

You are slowly dying of oxidative stress. Free radicals are bombarding your cells millions of times per second, tearing them down. We know this effect as "aging". Physical training compounds this fact even further. Athletes/soldiers rely on a pristine diet to combat the effects of oxidative stress, but a good diet may not be enough. Until now...*que transitional music*

www.abcnewsreport.com

If you are interested to learn more, PM me.
BigRod163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:16   #2
full cooler
Quiet Professional
 
full cooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Key West
Posts: 232
What ya sellin' on your first post Big Rod?
__________________
"...Even among men lacking all distinction he inevitably stood out as a man lacking more distinction than all the rest, and people who met him were always impressed by how unimpressive he was.”


― Joseph Heller, Catch-22
full cooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:22   #3
Dusty
Quiet Professional
 
Dusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 10,072
lol Team Sergeant has a special place in his heart for springbutt snake oil salesmen.
__________________
"There you go, again." Ronald Reagan
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 15:15   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Pineland
Posts: 24,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRod163 View Post
You are slowly dying of oxidative stress. Free radicals are bombarding your cells millions of times per second, tearing them down. We know this effect as "aging". Physical training compounds this fact even further. Athletes/soldiers rely on a pristine diet to combat the effects of oxidative stress, but a good diet may not be enough. Until now...*que transitional music*

www.abcnewsreport.com

If you are interested to learn more, PM me.
Here we go......

TR
__________________
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2017
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 16:03   #5
Red Flag 1
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,952
There is this: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm331258.htm, to think about.

And another opinion: https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...ate-protandim/.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 16:09   #6
x SF med
Quiet Professional
 
x SF med's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In transit somewhere
Posts: 4,044
Is he Will Brink's cousin or something?
__________________
In the business of war, there is no invariable stategic advantage (shih) which can be relied upon at all times.
Sun-Tzu, "The Art of Warfare"

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 16:26   #7
BigRod163
Asset
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: America
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by full cooler View Post
What ya sellin' on your first post Big Rod?
No selling, I assure you. Just educating.
BigRod163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 16:47   #8
BigRod163
Asset
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: America
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flag 1 View Post
That was three years ago. No business or product is perfect, things happen. It was taken care of. Protandim® has 6 patents and 2 international patents as well as dozens of peer-reviewed articles and third party independently funded research that all support that Protandim**® will lower your oxidative-stress by 40% in 30 days guaranteed. These are the facts, so I can't speak for nay-sayers.

Now, I understand. In this day and age we are bombarded with advertisements left and right promising us the world but always failing to deliver. So anytime someone presents us with new technology our guards are immediately up. Furthermore, it's human nature to be contrary in order to sound intelligent. Someone tells you baking soda cures cancer and the first thing you'll do is look for how baking soda doesn't cure cancer. Again, I understand that.

But here's my stance. I am veteran. I just want to help people, especially veterans. I have the utmost respect and admiration for QP's. I truly believe this product could benefit soldiers and athletes alike (the Baltimore Ravens are all on it as well and many other professional athletes) which is why I posted this in the PT forum. I'm not selling anything. I'm just offering information. Do what you will.

I was extremely skeptical when I was first introduced to this but over the past few months I have personally seen lives changed, especially in veterans from nerve agent damage to PTSD. So I challenge you; keep an open mind. Do some research, look up personal testimonies. Don't immediately look for someone trashing it because I promise it's out there. You have to look for the "proof in the pudding". Logically there are only two possibilities: it either works or it doesn't. So you have to ask yourself; what if it works?

My heart was to only help those of you who could benefit from this. If the admins feel this needs to be taken down then it should be. I was just here to present some information.

Last edited by BigRod163; 11-23-2015 at 16:49.
BigRod163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 17:13   #9
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander
 
PedOncoDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northeast Utah
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRod163 View Post
That was three years ago. No business or product is perfect, things happen. It was taken care of. Protandim® has 6 patents and 2 international patents as well as dozens of peer-reviewed articles and third party independently funded research that all support that Protandim**® will lower your oxidative-stress by 40% in 30 days guaranteed. These are the facts, so I can't speak for nay-sayers.
Where are these publications and reports on the randomized, placebo-controlled trials? A search of PubMed for Protandim shows next to nothing, and even less in high-impact scientific journals.

Quote:
Logically there are only two possibilities: it either works or it doesn't.
There's always option three: it's harmful.

I'm always skeptical of the motives of someone when they claim to have no skin in the game, yet feel compelled to put a trademark sign next to the brand name of anything, particularly some new thing being marketed as medicine but labeled as a dietary supplement.

My $.02.....YMMV

ETA: I have to assume this is your Facebook page - from what is publicly available it certainly looks like you're trying to sell something....
__________________
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville

Last edited by PedOncoDoc; 11-23-2015 at 17:28.
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 17:21   #10
VVVV
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Bourbon NOT Pills is way to go!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 18:52   #11
Red Flag 1
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,952
This product just isn't there yet, and probably will be not the fountian of youth it alludes to be. The clinical work done falls well short of being anything the FDA is going to consider. For that reason it is marketed as a dietary suppliment. The FDA is taken out of the picture, and the company publishes it's own study results. This takes the published "tests and studies" into the advertizment/marketing arena.

I agree with PedOncoDoc regarding the worries regarding potential harm. Because nothing about harm has been said, does not mean it is harmless. The Facebook page does seem to push Protandim.

My $.02.

Last edited by Red Flag 1; 11-24-2015 at 15:44.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:07   #12
x SF med
Quiet Professional
 
x SF med's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In transit somewhere
Posts: 4,044
Ok... in your first post here.... you said that physical training is killing us? And you are sure your snake oil will save us, we'll all BE HEALED by your miraculous concoction - yet, there is no mention of FDA approval nor of hard scientific evidence in peer reviewed medical journals to support your claims. Sorry, I'll side with the doctors here, as I was but a lowly SF Medic, more proof is needed that this elixir of youth and vigor is the panacea you claim it to be.
__________________
In the business of war, there is no invariable stategic advantage (shih) which can be relied upon at all times.
Sun-Tzu, "The Art of Warfare"

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:34   #13
SouthernDZ
Quiet Professional
 
SouthernDZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Bourbon NOT Pills is way to go!
I used to agree, go American, now I understand Jim Beam was sold to China (high treason)
SouthernDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:39   #14
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander
 
PedOncoDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northeast Utah
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDZ View Post
I used to agree, go American, now I understand Jim Beam was sold to China (high treason)
Nah...that was a cheap Chinese knockoff with high levels of lead in it.
__________________
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:30   #15
VVVV
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDZ View Post
I used to agree, go American, now I understand Jim Beam was sold to China (high treason)
Beam was sold to Suntory a Japanese conglomerate.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:05.



Copyright 2004-2020 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies