Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2015, 22:27   #1
BigRod163
Asset
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: America
Posts: 4
Oxidative Stress: we all have it

You are slowly dying of oxidative stress. Free radicals are bombarding your cells millions of times per second, tearing them down. We know this effect as "aging". Physical training compounds this fact even further. Athletes/soldiers rely on a pristine diet to combat the effects of oxidative stress, but a good diet may not be enough. Until now...*que transitional music*

www.abcnewsreport.com

If you are interested to learn more, PM me.
BigRod163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:16   #2
full cooler
Quiet Professional
 
full cooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Key West
Posts: 232
What ya sellin' on your first post Big Rod?
__________________
"...Even among men lacking all distinction he inevitably stood out as a man lacking more distinction than all the rest, and people who met him were always impressed by how unimpressive he was.”


― Joseph Heller, Catch-22
full cooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:22   #3
Dusty
Quiet Professional
 
Dusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 10,072
lol Team Sergeant has a special place in his heart for springbutt snake oil salesmen.
__________________
"There you go, again." Ronald Reagan
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 16:26   #4
BigRod163
Asset
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: America
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by full cooler View Post
What ya sellin' on your first post Big Rod?
No selling, I assure you. Just educating.
BigRod163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 15:15   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Pineland
Posts: 24,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRod163 View Post
You are slowly dying of oxidative stress. Free radicals are bombarding your cells millions of times per second, tearing them down. We know this effect as "aging". Physical training compounds this fact even further. Athletes/soldiers rely on a pristine diet to combat the effects of oxidative stress, but a good diet may not be enough. Until now...*que transitional music*

www.abcnewsreport.com

If you are interested to learn more, PM me.
Here we go......

TR
__________________
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2017
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 16:03   #6
Red Flag 1
Area Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,952
There is this: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm331258.htm, to think about.

And another opinion: https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...ate-protandim/.
Red Flag 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 16:09   #7
x SF med
Quiet Professional
 
x SF med's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In transit somewhere
Posts: 4,044
Is he Will Brink's cousin or something?
__________________
In the business of war, there is no invariable stategic advantage (shih) which can be relied upon at all times.
Sun-Tzu, "The Art of Warfare"

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 16:47   #8
BigRod163
Asset
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: America
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flag 1 View Post
That was three years ago. No business or product is perfect, things happen. It was taken care of. Protandim® has 6 patents and 2 international patents as well as dozens of peer-reviewed articles and third party independently funded research that all support that Protandim**® will lower your oxidative-stress by 40% in 30 days guaranteed. These are the facts, so I can't speak for nay-sayers.

Now, I understand. In this day and age we are bombarded with advertisements left and right promising us the world but always failing to deliver. So anytime someone presents us with new technology our guards are immediately up. Furthermore, it's human nature to be contrary in order to sound intelligent. Someone tells you baking soda cures cancer and the first thing you'll do is look for how baking soda doesn't cure cancer. Again, I understand that.

But here's my stance. I am veteran. I just want to help people, especially veterans. I have the utmost respect and admiration for QP's. I truly believe this product could benefit soldiers and athletes alike (the Baltimore Ravens are all on it as well and many other professional athletes) which is why I posted this in the PT forum. I'm not selling anything. I'm just offering information. Do what you will.

I was extremely skeptical when I was first introduced to this but over the past few months I have personally seen lives changed, especially in veterans from nerve agent damage to PTSD. So I challenge you; keep an open mind. Do some research, look up personal testimonies. Don't immediately look for someone trashing it because I promise it's out there. You have to look for the "proof in the pudding". Logically there are only two possibilities: it either works or it doesn't. So you have to ask yourself; what if it works?

My heart was to only help those of you who could benefit from this. If the admins feel this needs to be taken down then it should be. I was just here to present some information.

Last edited by BigRod163; 11-23-2015 at 16:49.
BigRod163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 17:13   #9
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander
 
PedOncoDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northeast Utah
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRod163 View Post
That was three years ago. No business or product is perfect, things happen. It was taken care of. Protandim® has 6 patents and 2 international patents as well as dozens of peer-reviewed articles and third party independently funded research that all support that Protandim**® will lower your oxidative-stress by 40% in 30 days guaranteed. These are the facts, so I can't speak for nay-sayers.
Where are these publications and reports on the randomized, placebo-controlled trials? A search of PubMed for Protandim shows next to nothing, and even less in high-impact scientific journals.

Quote:
Logically there are only two possibilities: it either works or it doesn't.
There's always option three: it's harmful.

I'm always skeptical of the motives of someone when they claim to have no skin in the game, yet feel compelled to put a trademark sign next to the brand name of anything, particularly some new thing being marketed as medicine but labeled as a dietary supplement.

My $.02.....YMMV

ETA: I have to assume this is your Facebook page - from what is publicly available it certainly looks like you're trying to sell something....
__________________
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville

Last edited by PedOncoDoc; 11-23-2015 at 17:28.
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 17:21   #10
VVVV
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Bourbon NOT Pills is way to go!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:38   #11
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional
 
Team Sergeant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 20,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRod163 View Post
You are slowly dying of oxidative stress. Free radicals are bombarding your cells millions of times per second, tearing them down. We know this effect as "aging". Physical training compounds this fact even further. Athletes/soldiers rely on a pristine diet to combat the effects of oxidative stress, but a good diet may not be enough. Until now...*que transitional music*

www.abcnewsreport.com

If you are interested to learn more, PM me.

Col. Aaron Bank, 101, Dies; Was 'Father of Special Forces

Two mistakes, one you didn't do enough research and two you mentioned athletes with warriors.

Spare us your "education".
__________________
"The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where they are."
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 15:20   #12
Flagg
Area Commander
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Col. Aaron Bank, 101, Dies; Was 'Father of Special Forces

Two mistakes, one you didn't do enough research and two you mentioned athletes with warriors.

Spare us your "education".
I met a few US Army fellas a few years back(including one former Ranger REGT/SF 18D) who are MDs/PAs now(both in private practice and still part time in Gang Green).

They had some really neat stuff to say about proactive/assertive self-care and health-care(they focused on helping people to live healthier rather than reacting to illness often stemming from poor lifestyle choices).

They also were moving into the Stem Cell space. That sounded really cool, but quickly went over my head.

In short, there seems to be a lot of cool stuff going on out there, but I've noticed two things:

1)Finding the wheat from the chaff can be a challenge, thankfully there's some pre-vetting that helps narrow down the research

2)Like SF stuff, healthcare and selfcare seems to be all about the fundamentals. And the fundamentals don't seem to change radically, just refine a bit over time.

Not to sound morbid or Frankenstein-y, but I'm hoping DARPA or some other big brain outfit has DNA samples of folks like Col Bank and other positive outlier human beings to see what we can learn from it.

Those US fellas I met were not only a great bunch of fellas to have a few beers with, but left me thinking the potential for human performance has only been scratched.

Hopefully it helps stem(cell) the tide of idiocracy someday.

All I know is I hope the weird green smoothies my better half has me drinking daily actually work and aren't a joke at my daily expense......a microbrew breakfast beer would certainly taste better.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 15:48   #13
Dusty
Quiet Professional
 
Dusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 10,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
I met a few US Army fellas a few years back(including one former Ranger REGT/SF 18D) who are MDs/PAs now(both in private practice and still part time in Gang Green).

They had some really neat stuff to say about proactive/assertive self-care and health-care(they focused on helping people to live healthier rather than reacting to illness often stemming from poor lifestyle choices).

They also were moving into the Stem Cell space. That sounded really cool, but quickly went over my head.

In short, there seems to be a lot of cool stuff going on out there, but I've noticed two things:

1)Finding the wheat from the chaff can be a challenge, thankfully there's some pre-vetting that helps narrow down the research

2)Like SF stuff, healthcare and selfcare seems to be all about the fundamentals. And the fundamentals don't seem to change radically, just refine a bit over time.

Not to sound morbid or Frankenstein-y, but I'm hoping DARPA or some other big brain outfit has DNA samples of folks like Col Bank and other positive outlier human beings to see what we can learn from it.

Those US fellas I met were not only a great bunch of fellas to have a few beers with, but left me thinking the potential for human performance has only been scratched.

Hopefully it helps stem(cell) the tide of idiocracy someday.

All I know is I hope the weird green smoothies my better half has me drinking daily actually work and aren't a joke at my daily expense......a microbrew breakfast beer would certainly taste better.
Leafy green stuff works.
My Cope was green at one time...
__________________
"There you go, again." Ronald Reagan
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:40   #14
x SF med
Quiet Professional
 
x SF med's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In transit somewhere
Posts: 4,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Leafy green stuff works.
My Cope was green at one time...
How did it taste on a salad though? It is a good de-wormer.
__________________
In the business of war, there is no invariable stategic advantage (shih) which can be relied upon at all times.
Sun-Tzu, "The Art of Warfare"

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 15:54   #15
Dusty
Quiet Professional
 
Dusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 10,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
How did it taste on a salad though? It is a good de-wormer.
Just another benefit.
It's also a good buzz and it repels womenfolk. Repulses womenfolk, I should say...
__________________
"There you go, again." Ronald Reagan
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:14.



Copyright 2004-2020 by Professional Soldiers ®
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies