Old 03-09-2015, 22:14   #1
cjwils3
Guerrilla

Fried Ravioli

Has anyone ever treated themselves to some fried ravioli? I had the pleasure of doing so at an Italian festival in Colorado and it was SO good!! The shells were filled with cheese and came with marinara dipping sauce. I am huge pasta fan but never would've guessed something so simple could be that delicious!!

I tried making some myself with less than ideal results, but it was still pretty tasty. I'd like to think it would be an ideal appetizer for an Italian-themed party or maybe a Super Bowl bash. I just wouldn't have any right before going to bed or else acid reflux would be a surefire consequence.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt
cjwils3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 22:39   #2
Jakedeep
SF Candidate

I am a fan if it's actually fried in house - I can always tell when the place has FROZEN fried ravioli and it makes me sad .

Last edited by Jakedeep; 03-10-2015 at 11:03.
Jakedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 15:15   #3
cjwils3
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakedeep View Post
I am a fan if it's actually fried in house - I can always tell when the place has FROZEN fried ravioli and it makes me sad .
I figured you would as that stuff must be fairly popular in Cleveland! I'm from central Kentucky so we mostly have egg noodles and ketchup and call it "Italian".
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt
Old 03-10-2015, 15:29   #4
Jakedeep
SF Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwils3 View Post
I figured you would as that stuff must be fairly popular in Cleveland! I'm from central Kentucky so we mostly have egg noodles and ketchup and call it "Italian".
Agh! My dad is from Louisville - I have NEVER seen anybody 'spread' ketchup out of glass bottle with a butter knife anywhere else but there - though I guess the overly-abundant amount of drive-through Liquor-Barns make up for that.
Jakedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 15:41   #5
cjwils3
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakedeep View Post
Agh! My dad is from Louisville - I have NEVER seen anybody 'spread' ketchup out of glass bottle with a butter knife anywhere else but there - though I guess the overly-abundant amount of drive-through Liquor-Barns make up for that.
LOL! That does compensate for it somewhat...we do have some darn good bourbon. As for Italian food, I make it from scratch by scouring the Internet for recipes.
Old 03-17-2015, 19:54   #6
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwils3 View Post

I tried making some myself with less than ideal results,
I love 'em.

So what happened?
Old 03-18-2015, 06:52   #7
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Love the stuff. My family is from The Hill neighborhood in St. Louis where it originated in the US as 'toasted' ravioli. Good stuff....

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:46   #8
cjwils3
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
I love 'em.

So what happened?
The frying part didn't go as I well as I had hoped. It's probably just my amateur culinary skills.

And Streck-Fu, I would love to take a trip to the Hill neighborhood and savor what is surely some of the best Italian food in the US!
Old 03-18-2015, 19:08   #9
Gypsy
Area Commander

Well don't give up, research a bit and try again!