Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 09-14-2017, 06:28   #91
TJ11B
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
Meth is a truly tragic drug. Stealing a metal light or sign pole. What in the EFF are you going to do with that?

"I Think I'll build a porch! I never done that before, but I really think I can do it!"
They were on their way to fabricate the World's largest crack pipe.

Old 09-14-2017, 14:00   #92
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Meth is a truly tragic drug. Stealing a metal light or sign pole. What in the EFF are you going to do with that?

"I Think I'll build a porch! I never done that before, but I really think I can do it!"
One (if not both) of these yahoos has a history of selling scrap metal, the pole is aluminum - lots of beer cans...

Old 09-14-2017, 17:27   #93
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
One (if not both) of these yahoos has a history of selling scrap metal, the pole is aluminum - lots of beer cans...
I've got a crapload of bad scuba tanks I'll give those 2 douchebags! It's not worth my time to cut scuba tanks to pieces to get the $10 in scrap for them?

But then......I'm not a meth addict!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper

Old 09-15-2017, 03:10   #94
Golf1echo
Guerrilla Chief

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
ODNT
Ah the cauldron off humanity...

You bring up several things to think about, in general I'm reminded of a term used in white water rafting or kayaking..." The Yard Sale" When your craft flips upside down or tacos and all your stuff goes floating by that is called a yard sale. It seems there are just a few components when it comes to stuff, acquiring it, maintaining it, and securing it.

Similar to "Locks being for honest people" It takes a few other components to living in a society where the folks around you respect and look out for their neighbors. My understanding is there are already a fair share of dynamics at play in some of the locals you refer to.

I used to get upset about stories of the same houses being replaced storm after storm but honestly in places like Florida and along the coast lines I see it more like everyone is just camping...some are camping harder than others.

It is an interesting idea to juxtapose a week of the hurricane scenario with the physical. mental, and emotional expenditures of the survivors aka how many meals/shelter/security separate one from devolution?

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Old 09-15-2017, 05:57   #95
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I've got a crapload of bad scuba tanks I'll give those 2 douchebags! It's not worth my time to cut scuba tanks to pieces to get the $10 in scrap for them?

But then......I'm not a meth addict!
When I work at the dive shop on BPK, we sold our tanks to an outfit in Miami for the going price of aluminum. I think it was around 35-40 USD a tank?? The Al used is very high quality..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Old 09-16-2017, 05:38   #96
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
When I work at the dive shop on BPK, we sold our tanks to an outfit in Miami for the going price of aluminum. I think it was around 35-40 USD a tank?? The Al used is very high quality..
There are a few people (long time customers) we give them to that make bells out of them.

Scrap companies require you cut it into pieces, which adds to the pain of scrapping them ourselves. Just added work to an already busy day.

Here are some examples of the bells and one of our instructors likes the steel tanks and is making BBQ grills with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0148.JPG (40.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0149.JPG (70.5 KB, 20 views)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper

Old 09-16-2017, 06:50   #97
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Here are some examples of the bells and one of our instructors likes the steel tanks and is making BBQ grills with them.

Steel tanks make great door bells..
Or Bar Bells??
Or Bells for Bars??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz73Y6DqH6U

PSA:

I don't think using galvanized tanks for BBQ is healthy??

Be careful, torching galvanized steel can kill you with the fums...

https://www.hunker.com/12349925/the-...lvanized-steel

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Old 09-16-2017, 15:34   #98
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
Steel tanks make great door bells..
Or Bar Bells??
Or Bells for Bars??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz73Y6DqH6U

PSA:

I don't think using galvanized tanks for BBQ is healthy??

Be careful, torching galvanized steel can kill you with the fums...

https://www.hunker.com/12349925/the-...lvanized-steel

WOW! Did not know that! I'll let him know!