Old 02-16-2017, 01:43   #1
KC98
Asset
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: California
Posts: 4
Chances of getting 18D

Hey all,

I heard that you are able to request your Special Forces MOS upon getting selected and attending the Q Course. Personally, I'd want to go 18D all the way! My question is, so long as I had sufficient aptitude for the occupation, what are the chances that the Army will grant my request (as I do understand that ultimately, it is up to "the needs of the Army")?

Thank You
KC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:27   #2
Joker
Quiet Professional
 
Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC98 View Post
Hey all,

I heard that you are able to request your Special Forces MOS upon getting selected and attending the Q Course. Personally, I'd want to go 18D all the way! My question is, so long as I had sufficient aptitude for the occupation, what are the chances that the Army will grant my request (as I do understand that ultimately, it is up to "the needs of the Army")?

Thank You
By the way you are displaying your attention to details and following guidance and instruction, you will never be selected. Post an introduction in the "Introduction" thread.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 21:14   #3
KC98
Asset
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: California
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
By the way you are displaying your attention to details and following guidance and instruction, you will never be selected. Post an introduction in the "Introduction" thread.
With all due respect sir, I'm just asking a question. I've nothing much to say, but if you'd like, I've posted an introduction now.
__________________
Kyle

"Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought"

Last edited by KC98; 02-17-2017 at 21:31. Reason: Forgot to say now...
KC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 22:24   #4
Joker
Quiet Professional
 
Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,152
To be a member in SF requires you to have very good attention to detail. This is especially true in training. And more so as an 18D. A mistake, misdiagnosis, slip-up could be deadly to your teammate.

If they see that you have the aptitude you have a good chance at becoming an 18D, if you can handle the selection process (which never ends). ask for it, but if they need you to be another 18_, do it.

Right place. Right time. Right uniform. Right mindset.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:14   #5
KC98
Asset
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: California
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
To be a member in SF requires you to have very good attention to detail. This is especially true in training. And more so as an 18D. A mistake, misdiagnosis, slip-up could be deadly to your teammate.

If they see that you have the aptitude you have a good chance at becoming an 18D, if you can handle the selection process (which never ends). ask for it, but if they need you to be another 18_, do it.

Right place. Right time. Right uniform. Right mindset.
Thanks for the info, sir. I've got a lot to learn still.
__________________
Kyle

"Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought"
KC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:33   #6
blue02hd
Quiet Professional
 
blue02hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Near the flag pole
Posts: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC98 View Post
Hey all,

My question is, so long as I had sufficient aptitude for the occupation, what are the chances that the Army will grant my request ?

Thank You
Based on the failure to follow instructions provided to you from this website, and understanding the high attrition rate associated with Special Operations selection as a whole, including your desire to qualify in one of the most demanding Military Occupation Series in uniform ,,,,,

I'd say you have less than a 10 percent chance.
__________________
"It's not my aim, it's these damn crooked bullets,,,"

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:03.



Copyright 2004-2019 by Professional Soldiers
Site Designed, Maintained, & Hosted by Hilliker Technologies