Go Back   Professional Soldiers > TMC 14 > The Aid Bag

Old 07-28-2004, 06:46   #16
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

LOL....
Well, I figure when you guys tell women "this is six inches" compared to what reality is...well, I didn't want any confusion. So I included the magazine so you have a size comparison without having that number conflict in your head.

THere is floss in there TR. Two strands of 18". Youthink an entire roll(100 yrds) should be in there?

I am going to tinker a little more. The syringes take up to much wasted space due to their length. Without that, it could be half as long....

SMALLER - SMALLER !!!
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:01   #17
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

My mistake, I didn't see the floss.

How much more space would "more" floss take up? What is the most compact packaging for it? A card? A spool?

I am always looking for multi-functional items. The cotton makes good tinder. You could cut the barrels of the syringes down, but the plungers would still take a lot of room. What is the minimum number of syringes you need if the material were packed separately and you could reuse them? I have seen the dental kits with just a little mixing bowl, toothpick sized implements for stirring and application, and the ingredients in small containers.

If you do this right, you could probably sell them commercially, maybe even get a maker/vendor like AMK or aeromedix to carry them if they are an improvement on the current product.

Just a few thoughts.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2017
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:09   #18
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Things like Floss-
This is where I run into a decision. In one way, the dual use items like floss would be helpful to have a large quantity supplied for uses other than as a two patient dental treatment kit. On the other hand, most survival kits already have floss/small diameter lashings for these uses included in them so adding more to my dental kit would cause it to be larger than it "has" to be to get the job done and be redundant.

Thanks for the thoughts TR... maybe I should move this thread to private areas to prevent dental FAK market espionage!!! LOL
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:56   #19
TF Kilo
Guerrilla

Redundancy. Good thing. 2 is 1, 1 is none.

Better to have and not need, than need and not have, on the way to just enough
TF Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote