Old 02-17-2014, 17:11   #1
18Xorbust
Asset

Long range work out plans/advice???

Hello all, I am currently enlisted under an 18X contract and slotted to depart for basic training late in July 2014 (5 months) after I complete my college degree. An issue I have encountered is finding a good work out schedule that lasts longer than 30-45 days, I have no problem simply repeating a workout but what I truly enjoy is completing different workout regimes, I like pushing my body in different ways but I also understand I need to focus on preparing for the selection process. I Have read "Get Selected" several times over and have completed the 30 day workout provided in the book, now I would like to try something else. I found a workout online created by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) I will post the link below and would greatly appreciate it if someone SF qualified or who has been selected could take a look and tell me if it is worth doing. I certainly don't expect anyone to read the entire packet (93 pages) just skim it and let me know what you think. Any other long range workout advice is also appreciated I have found some great workouts on this site and am grateful to those who provided them. Thank you in advance for the feedback.

Training for the Tactical Athlete Assessment&Selection- http://www.uscg.mil/worklife/docs/pd...rep%20book.pdf
18Xorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 17:43   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I recommend the SWCS Assessment and Selection PT instructions for most people.

Of course, the Army needs Airborne Infantrymen as well.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 23:11   #3
18Xorbust
Asset

Thank you for the advice, I will ensure it is put to good use.
18Xorbust is offline   Reply With Quote