Old 01-22-2004, 19:40   #1
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

SF Physical

SPECIAL FORCES PHYSICAL EXAM CHECKLIST

LNAME_______________ L4 SSN____________ CLASS/YG_______ STN_____

BLOCK# DD FORM 2808 PAGES 1-3 REPORT OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION

1-15b ______________ Personal / General Information
15c ______________ PURPOSE OF EXAM ( SF/ SFAS/ SFQC)
16 ______________ NAME OF EXAM LOCATION CLINIC ETC
17-44 ______________ CLINICAL EVALUATION (Any Abnormalities must be explained)
43 ______________ DENTAL (Must Be Acceptable, Class 1 or 2)
45 ______________ URINALYSIS (MUST BE < THAN 2.00 SPECIFY GRAVITY)
45a ______________ ALBUMIN (negative or trace only)
45b ______________ SUGAR (NEGATIVE ONLY)
48 ______________ BLOOD TYPE
49 ______________ HIV (NEGATIVE)
52 ______________ OTHER (SICKLE, RPR, EKG, CHEST X-RAY)
53-55 _____________ HEIGHT/ WEIGHT (If over max weight include tape test)
57 ______________ PULSE (not over 100) 58a-c ______________ BLOOD PRESSURE (MAXs 140/90 MINs 90/60) If High or low need 5dy BP Check
59 ______________VIVID RED/GREEN PASS (Required if fails normal color test in item# 66)
61 ______________ FAR VISION (Must Correct to 20/20 in both eyes)
62 ______________ REFRACTION (Required if uncorrected vision is not 20/20; +or-8 diopters max)
63 ______________ NEAR VISION (Must correct to 20/20 in both eyes)
66 ______________ COLOR VISION (If fails color vision test must be able to pass Vivid Red/Green test)
71a ______________ HEARING(500-2000 Average less than 30db, 3000-45db 4000-55db)
72b ______________ VALSALVA (should be SAT OR +)
73 ______________ NOTES ( Should include here or somewhere on physical No Fear Statement, Digital Rectal exam or Hemmocult/occult Blood, Chest Xray, EKG)
74a ______________ QUALIFIED/NOT QUALIFIED(MUST STATE SF / SFAS TRAINING)
75b ______________ PHYSICAL PROFILE AND CATEGORY (MIN 111121)
81-84a/b ______________ DOCTOR (MD) & DENTIST (DC or DDS) / Name/Signature

BLOCK DD FORM 2807 1-3 REPORT OF MEDICAL HISTORY

1-9 ______________ EXAMINEE INFORMATION
10-28 ______________ EMAMINEE HISTORY
29 ______________ALL YES ANSWERS MUST BE FULLY EXPLAINED BY EXAMINEE
30 _______________All YES ANSWERS MUST BE EXPLAINED BY PA OR DR
30b ______________ DOCTOR/PA SIGNATURE AND DATE

All Lab results should be annotated on DD 2808 Retain copy of lab printout in Residual file but do not scan in with physical
Chest X-ray Should be annotated on DD 2808 as Normal - Retain copy of lab printout in Residual file but do not scan in with physical
EKG/ECG Should be annotated on DD 2808 as Normal- Retain copy of lab printout in Residual file but do not scan in with physical

Physical QCd BY: __________________________________________________ _______
Name of Recruiter/Station Cmdr
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 14:23   #2
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Re: SF Physical

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
SPECIAL FORCES PHYSICAL EXAM CHECKLIST
43 ______________ DENTAL (Must Be Acceptable, Class 1 or 2)

I haven't seen this explained before in the past threads here or elsewhere. Recruits need to understand that their oral health is examined and evaluated. Here is a brief explanation of the US Army Dental classifications system. Remember that you have to be a class 1 or 2 per Reaper's information. You don't make the decision on the likelyhood for future emergencies. The Dentist will make that judgement call based on his/her experiences. Don't take any chances.

The Department of Defense Dental Classification Guideline and AR 40-35 outline the following dental fitness classifications:

Class 1-
1. Soldiers who require no dental treatment
2. Soldier has had a complete dental exam within the past year

Class 2 -
1. Soldiers whose existing dental condition is unlikely to result in a dental emergency within 12 months
2. Soldier requires some type of dental care or re-check
Examples:
A few Simple fillings
Routine Dental cleaning
Simple wisdom tooth extraction

Class 3-
1. Soldiers who require dental treatment to correct a dental condition that is likely to cause a dental emergency within 12 months.
2. Soldier requires dental care as soon as possible
3. A dental emergency is likely to occur if the condition is not corrected
Examples:
Badly decayed teeth
Severe gum disease
Root canal needed
Painful or diseased wisdom tooth

Soldier is not deployable/acceptable

Class 4-
1. Soldiers who require a dental examination or panographic radiograph (X-ray).
2. Disease status is unknown

Soldier is not deployable/acceptable

*** Remember - The health of your entire mouth, not just your teeth. The mouth includes the teeth and the gums (gingiva), ligaments, muscles and jaw bones. It also includes the tongue, the lining of the mouth and throat, salivary glands and lymph nodes.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 15:27   #3
WholeManin2010
Auxiliary

Exclamation

Hadn't found this anywhere else here, and this seemed like the most appropriate thread...

I thought it might be useful to know that you may NOT attend SFAS with braces on your teeth . Verified this with more than one SF recruiter to be sure - the last one read through the reg while I was on the phone. None had ever been asked this question before.

Even though I am considered Class 2, I still can't go until they're off. At least I get another 12-18 months under ruck before I throw my hat into the ring.
"Many current Army regulations and policies place insufficient emphasis on individual, crew, and unit marksmanship. If the fighting Army does nothing else, we must be able to hit our targets. Conversely, if we do all other things right, but fail to hit and kill targets, we shall lose."

--Army Vice Chief of Staff General John Vessey
WholeManin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:17   #4
JWhistler
Asset

73 ______________ NOTES ( Should include here or somewhere on physical No Fear Statement...

Nobody at the hospital apparently knows about a No Fear Statement. What can I tell the doc?
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens...let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion." ~ George Washington
JWhistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:38   #5
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhistler View Post
73 ______________ NOTES ( Should include here or somewhere on physical No Fear Statement...

Nobody at the hospital apparently knows about a No Fear Statement. What can I tell the doc?
It should state:

"I have no fear of darkness or confined spaces."

PA

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:10   #6
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5US View Post
It should state:

"I have no fear of darkness or confined spaces."

PA
Oh, the guys that tried to lie about that one...... it was almost funny, sad, scary, dangerous but funny.....

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:25   #7
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Oddly, they find it strange that there is a true necessity for this statement during their training

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Old 06-28-2011, 12:06   #8
Irish_Army01
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
Oh, the guys that tried to lie about that one...... it was almost funny, sad, scary, dangerous but funny.....
The Irish SOF have a do or die test on the selection for that.. Don't do it, RTU.
Irish_Army01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 13:30   #9
TimberWolf82
SF Candidate

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I, Send me."

Last edited by TimberWolf82; 01-18-2020 at 22:07.
TimberWolf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 13:40   #10
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

This is more of a question of what's the right thing to do. Not being a dentist, and not being able to examine your chompers, I wouldn't be able to determine the extent of the damage to see if you would be a class 2 or class 3.

People do join the military all the time with what we call EPTS (existed prior to service) conditions and expect Uncle Sam to spend thousands of dollars to "fix it" for them.

It will eventually become an issue, even if it isn't right now, and will require repair. I would disclose it when you get to the dental exam and let them determine the best COA. It will probably be a non issue and if they determine you to be a class 3 they will fix your teeth at MEPS or during your initial processing as it is something that can be accomplished relatively quickly (as opposed to folks with multiple rotting teeth and or moderate to severe gum disease).

If they see you as a class 2, they may wait until you have at minimum completed basic training before fixing your teeth.

Good luck-

The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Old 07-25-2011, 14:11   #11
Dusty
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
I've got claustrophobia, myself. I don't recommend SF for others with that particular problem...
Old 07-26-2011, 07:26   #12
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
I've got claustrophobia, myself. I don't recommend SF for others with that particular problem...
I've never had an issue with the dark, confined places...but there's been more than one dive in pitch black (can't see your hand in front of your mask) conditions that I've had to remind myself to trust my training and the training of my teammates.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:43   #13
sfrecrutr
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5US View Post
This is more of a question of what's the right thing to do. Not being a dentist, and not being able to examine your chompers, I wouldn't be able to determine the extent of the damage to see if you would be a class 2 or class 3.

People do join the military all the time with what we call EPTS (existed prior to service) conditions and expect Uncle Sam to spend thousands of dollars to "fix it" for them.

It will eventually become an issue, even if it isn't right now, and will require repair. I would disclose it when you get to the dental exam and let them determine the best COA. It will probably be a non issue and if they determine you to be a class 3 they will fix your teeth at MEPS or during your initial processing as it is something that can be accomplished relatively quickly (as opposed to folks with multiple rotting teeth and or moderate to severe gum disease).

If they see you as a class 2, they may wait until you have at minimum completed basic training before fixing your teeth.

Good luck-
Allow me to weigh in on this one. As a SF Recruiter I have seen far too many NPS show up thinking MEPS will fix the issue. Rarely does that happen. The MEPS Dr will stop your processing and send you home with a ship date some time in the future after your corrective procedure. If you get the teeth fixed prior to your trip back to MEPS you will need to provide your Recruiter with all of the documents and have a MED Read completed. The MEPS Doc will review it, determine if you are good to go or not with the procedure, then allow you to return to MEPS and ship. MEPS is not a medical facility and I have never known them to be helpful in fixing anything for a new enlistee. Get it fixed. And keep your Recruiter informed of whats happening with you. It makes life much easier.

1SG Ed
sfrecrutr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:53   #14
TimberWolf82
SF Candidate

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I, Send me."

Last edited by TimberWolf82; 01-18-2020 at 22:08.
TimberWolf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34   #15
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

1SG Ed-

He'll need to see the dentist regarding this. The Physician won't have any input.
Thanks for your expertise.

Eagle

The Reaper-3 Sep 04