Go Back   Professional Soldiers > Special Forces Weapons > Weapons Discussion Area

Old 03-21-2017, 19:25   #16
Golf1echo
Guerrilla Chief

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
Please let me know if this is out of line, but in addition to my day job at Ase Utra suppressors, I am a part owner at Treaper Ltd, and we have several great sling/carrying harness/gun rest models.

They have been developed by my good friend and business partner, Lauri Kakkonen. Lauri still serving in the Finnish Border Guard.

Here is a good background on the product

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI1AezhpuhI
Probably better come and get eyes on myself....just to make sure.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Old 03-21-2017, 19:33   #17
Brush Okie
Area Commander

Quote:
Please let me know if this is out of line, but in addition to my day job at Ase Utra suppressors, I am a part owner at Treaper Ltd, and we have several great sling/carrying harness/gun rest models.

They have been developed by my good friend and business partner, Lauri Kakkonen. Lauri still serving in the Finnish Border Guard.

Here is a good background on the product

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI1AezhpuhI
Nice concept. Not sure it is what I am looking for . You are not out of line at all BTW.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:51   #18
Tuukka
Guerrilla

Thanks, was just thinking about forum rules about promoting any product one is personally involved with.

If you wish, I could send a sling your way free of charge, for you to be able to check it out.

We are now working with a couple solid contacts after meetings at SHOT, for U.S distribution.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:59   #19
DaveP
Asset

Good thread!
Vickers for simplicity and bomber construction, and that VT setup looks appealing (maybe too busy for dense brush?), but I prefer to hunt with a lumbar pack on LBE rig (currently Tenzing), and would be interested in a diagonal carry.

Tuukka's vid led me to the 3HGR light harness. I like the looks of this, including what appears to be rubberized shoulder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=505M7CBQbnY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
The forest in that video sure is beautiful.
No kidding. The whole thing is so - verdant? - that the baby blue Sub threw me a little...

DaveP

Old 03-22-2017, 05:24   #20
Tuukka
Guerrilla

If one wants to carry the rifle at ready / fighting sling, then I would ( and have ) go with the BFG Vickers slings. I have used them for years and have them on several weapons at work also.

DaveP, thats our sort of "Icelandic" version if one does not want/need the gun rest feature based on terrain etc. Some early critical commentry, mostly online with no hands on yet, focused on "not wanting to wrap yourself around a tree"

Again it is not the only good feature and only comes with less than 2 oz weight increase, if one happens to need the extra support for making a shot. I would also emphazise the carrying comfort and security of the sling, especially suppressor equipped rifles can be prone to shifting around if carried with a traditional sling.

We do also now have a Picatinny mounting version as well.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:22   #21
Brush Okie
Area Commander

Quote:
Thanks, was just thinking about forum rules about promoting any product one is personally involved with.

If you wish, I could send a sling your way free of charge, for you to be able to check it out.

We are now working with a couple solid contacts after meetings at SHOT, for U.S distribution.
I sent a pm thanks. I would like to at least pick up shipping. Hopefully you can get them on the market soon.

Old 07-03-2017, 22:04   #22
jw74
Guerrilla

I have one and used it on a few hunts in the Siskiyou Mountains.

Pros: hands are free & never slips off the shoulder like a traditional sling. All day comfortable carry.

Cons: unless your sling mounts are on the side of your stock, then the trigger guard and magazine are on your spine. I found it was only a minor annoyance.
I used it once with a day pack and that was not ideal. its pretty much the rifle OR a day pack but not both. a fanny pack would probably work better with it. With a 20" barrel on my 6'3" height, the muzzle would be pointing at my head. My rifle was 24" and it was just over.

I would use it again but now I just use a Vtac with my bolt guns.

Hope that helps I know this isn't a fresh topic...

Last edited by jw74; 07-03-2017 at 22:08.