Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 12-02-2020, 08:10   #61
rsdengler
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
We the people have empowered those who would accelerate the deterioration of American exceptionalism. It's fun to blame this on people like Soros and his cabal of globalists - but they have their power because we the people have ceded it to them.

A government of the people, by the people, and for the people demands one simple effort - responsible behavior. We have spent the last 50 years behaving like very irresponsible citizens and an irresponsible nation is often blessed with irresponsible leaders. Now, because of our irresponsible behavior as a citizen body, we find ourselves with some of the most irresponsible, most corrupt leaders that money can buy and we keep putting them RIGHT back into office - year after year after year after year.

While thugs were out rioting and setting things on fire, those same irresponsible national leaders went on TV wearing Kente-Cloth scarfs to kneel in support of the violent Marxists that were decimating cities.
Admittedly, I'm all talk - or else, earlier in the summer when thugs were out setting stuff on fire and bashing in windows, I'd have been out doors with an ax handle cracking skulls.
I choose to stay at home and let those elected leaders handle it for me - the irresponsible, corrupt, opportunistic leaders that I so enjoy complaining about - now, here we are.

We the people have empowered a system that is increasingly striving to legalize dangerous drugs for recreational use while making me display proper identification before I can purchase my ration of Mucinex-D.
...I've got to display ID to buy Mucinex, but those same leaders say its racist to ask for ID at the voting booth.

Garbage In = Garbage Out

Fucking George Soros - this is all his fault.
We let the "new world order" just sneak it's way into our lives without putting pressure on those scum of the earth politician's and their Stasi bedfellows. Look at the sh*t that people keep electing into office, it's like the freakin landfill; dumping the rotten putrid garbage just to recycle it to the public. Will we be a Republic after this 4 years of this Sh*t Show? To the hills mates, to the hills because we need to stop sitting on our asses and allowing the illegitimate Politicians to lead us around by our nose ring....Burn that damn garbage and let the ashes float upwards and dissipate forever. Gee, I'm getting to old and weary for this sh*t, but don't poke the tiger, it's bound to bite back....

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:32   #62
Box
Quiet Professional

It didn't sneak in - we the people invited it through the front door. Bush Senior advertised it "Out of these troubled times, our fifth objective — a new world order — can emerge"

Big intrusive government is the only bipartisan effort that our oligarchy understands.
Hell, Bush Jr even chastised we the people for not respecting "the governing class"

Incrementalism isn't sneaky - it's in your face - every day. Give them an inch and they take a yard.
Give a bureaucrat some rope and they IMMEDIATELY start acting like a rodeo cowboy.

Overton's window and all that jazz.
...of course we all know Overton's window and the deep state are just a right wing conspiracy delusions - amIright?
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:38   #63
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Very tight groups Box and sad indeed...

I was beginning to wonder if the “ Puppet Master “ was really a Broadway choreographer?

Apologize in advance for this link to the new yorker, hard to imagine that they have even called out the self absorbed adolescents that walk the halls of government.
Recommend having some eye bleach handy or at least put your drink down.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...oth-stoles/amp

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:15   #64
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
Very tight groups Box and sad indeed...

I was beginning to wonder if the “ Puppet Master “ was really a Broadway choreographer?

Apologize in advance for this link to the new yorker, hard to imagine that they have even called out the self absorbed adolescents that walk the halls of government.
Recommend having some eye bleach handy or at least put your drink down.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...oth-stoles/amp
I'm surprised the New Yorker printed that. Well, at least they aren't the Atlantic.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 00:44   #65
NurseTim
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
As Mike T said...

“Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face!”

As I just told my 13y/o son not to panic about what comes after the election. Regardless of who wins the radical left will not be happy or content. The good news is more Americans have seen what’s behind doors number 1...2...and 3 than ever before. Trump pulled the curtains back.

If Trump wins there will be violence from BLM/Antifa against our liberal cities. And some of that will spill over into suburbia to the point where they will get “punched in the face!” After awhile they will get tired of getting punched in the face and return to the basements where they will go back to playing Call of Duty and drinking out of a sippy cup.

If Biden wins, we will patiently wait until the 2024 election and resist the changes the progressive left attempted under the Obama/Biden. It might not even take but 2-years for the bastards to get voted out of office at the local level and the congress.

The Republic is not dead until the patriots give up.
If this election, with its blatant fraud and larceny, is not answered, and is let stand, then they will know for certain that they can steal any election they like and will not suffer any consequences whatsoever. Elections will have all the meaning of nk elections or soviet elections.

I believe this has been a coup d’état, involving foreign unfriendly nations. The democrats and never trumpers have sold our country to the highest bidder.
NurseTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 20:55   #66
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseTim View Post
If this election, with its blatant fraud and larceny, is not answered, and is let stand, then they will know for certain that they can steal any election they like and will not suffer any consequences whatsoever. Elections will have all the meaning of nk elections or soviet elections.

I believe this has been a coup d’état, involving foreign unfriendly nations. The democrats and never trumpers have sold our country to the highest bidder.
I believe the Dem could well end up like Yamamoto. He failed to really understand the true grit of American's. The human desire for the freedom of recognition is a major reason why the totalitarian state is unlikely to prevail.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 22:03   #67
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
I believe the Dem could well end up like Yamamoto. He failed to really understand the true grit of American's. The human desire for the freedom of recognition is a major reason why the totalitarian state is unlikely to prevail.
Yamamoto fully understood true American grit. He lived and studied here. He couldn't get the Japanese High Command to understand it.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 22:06   #68
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
Yamamoto has been quoted as saying "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve". Which was in regards to the attack on Pearl Harbor. I as I recall he was educated in the US. Regardless Japan as a whole did underestimate their enemy. Hitler under estimated the Russian's which probably cost him the war. Mussolini wanted to re-create the Roman Empire. The French and US underestimated the resolve of the Vietnamese. The Russians and the US have both underestimated the resolve of the Afghans. The 'Educated and Snobby' Brits underestimated a bunch of vile underclass Colonists (this one has much in common with the present).

Hubris has a way of biting you in the ass.

Last edited by Paslode; 01-07-2021 at 22:36. Reason: Added one more
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 22:31   #69
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Yamamoto has been quoted as saying "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve". Which was in regards to the attack on Pearl Harbor. I as I recall he was educated in the US. Regardless Japan as a whole did underestimate their enemy. Hitler under estimated the Russian's which probably cost him the war. Mussolini wanted to re-create the Roman Empire. The French and US underestimated the resolve of the Vietnamese. The Russians and the US have both underestimated the resolve of the Afghans.

Hubris has a way of biting you in the ass.
Very true.

Getting out of a quagmire is often a whole lot more difficult than getting into one.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:47   #70
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Yamamoto fully understood true American grit. He lived and studied here. He couldn't get the Japanese High Command to understand it.
Gee kinda like equating Americans trying to tell congress and our "elected" officials....
Old 01-08-2021, 08:16   #71
Box
Quiet Professional

I'm glad some of you are so optimistic.

Over the last ten years I've come across more than sufficient numbers of active duty SF guys that would clack off a three wrap det-cord charge on your front door to come and relive you of your rights because the gubmint has declared you a threat. They wouldn't think twice as long as the CONOP was approved. I've also come across more than a few senior leaders that would SIGN that CONOP.
But i'm sure it's just me - nobody else has ever come across folks like that - probably just isolated experiences.

I've seen more than just one or two folks leave service to get a contracting job because it was the only way they were ever going to get to get paid to "shoot mother fuckers in the face" I've had two different dudes tell me straight out that they wanted to go to a two specific special skills course simply so they could ETS and take it to contracting to make 'real money'
They didn't want to be SF guys to liberate the opressed - they endured the pipeline because they want to shoot motherfuckers in the face and get paid PMC money.
Troops with bad attitudes, bad behavior, and all the while they adore, admire, and worship some of these same senior leaders that spent the last four years undermining the president of the United States.

Folks need to go back and read some old threads - ponder the things we have ALL seen, heard, and commented on about the things said - done - demonstrated by some of the senior leadership in the military at large. Then ponder the overzealous media propagandize the results.

Ponder the fact that it is now an admitted FACT that Syria is still status quo because the establishment and senior leaders said "fuck you Mr President, we arent doing that"
Then tell me again how the military would NEVER be used to do something shifty.

Stay engaged folks - dont let a fraudulent election drive you underground because of frustration. That is exactly what the treasonous left wants you to do. Get frustrated and go home - its far easier to exploit you that way. Emperor Biden and Lord Harris are out there and they have a plan.

Think about this - Anakin Skywalker was the chosen one - how did THAT work out??

Just my two cents - I could be wrong.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 20:30   #72
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
I've had two different dudes tell me straight out that they wanted to go to a two specific special skills course simply so they could ETS and take it to contracting to make 'real money'. They didn't want to be SF guys to liberate the opressed
I believe it , the reality tells me it happens, but it's always sad to hear. After that magazine article when I was a youngster I thought going into the woods with some buddies & coming out with a few hundred little brown guys to kick a dictator's ass was about the greatest thing a fellow could do. I must still be young at heart.

Quote:
Stay engaged folks - dont let a fraudulent election drive you underground because of frustration. That is exactly what the treasonous left wants you to do. Get frustrated and go home - its far easier to exploit you that way. Emperor Biden and Lord Harris are out there and they have a plan.
Those are good words, thank you for them. I have a handful of folks that are going to be hearing them.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 20:59   #73
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Think about this - Anakin Skywalker was the chosen one - how did THAT work out??
It's never a good idea too put all your faith into one person, unless possibly that one person you trust is you.

Quote:
For many that may be difficult due the Rona Lockdowns. All the places people were normally engaging, School, Sporting Events, Barbershops, Salons, the Gym, Restaurants, Churches and the Workplace have been severely limited or shutdown. In addition today Big Tech began shutting down Conservatives and Conservative Media. Google pull the Parlor App and Apple is threatening to pull it from the iTunes Store. That equates to tens of millions of people being corralled into the Drive-In Theater of Controlled Content.....or maybe a virtual reeducation camp.
Old 01-08-2021, 21:23   #74
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
For many that may be difficult due the Rona Lockdowns. All the places people were normally engaging, School, Sporting Events, Barbershops, Salons, the Gym, Restaurants, Churches and the Workplace have been severely limited or shutdown. In addition today Big Tech began shutting down Conservatives and Conservative Media. Google pull the Parlor App and Apple is threatening to pull it from the iTunes Store. That equates to tens of millions of people being corralled into the Drive-In Theater of Controlled Content.....or maybe a virtual reeducation camp.
All politics are local. The people to engage (with) are the local politicians and leaders from council members to mayors and governors. Any successful movement is going to have to start at the lowest levels and progress upwards to the national level. This snake has many heads and they will all have to be cut off until you get to the baby rattle.

100 million plus subscribers canceling their memberships with big tech and media will wake up the echo chamber of the elites in silicone valley to the very fact that they need opposing views to form a diverse point of view for sponsors and advertising.

Conservatives are more than happy to converse in person, over a landline Bell telephone, and through letter writing if that’s what it comes to. We are even pretty good at running an underground print newsletter. If push comes to shove and big business doesn’t want our business then they can live or die by that choice.

Airlines are already in a tough spot financially and they turn away and ban paying customers over mask compliance issues. Drive, next time you need you go somewhere see middle America stop and converse with a stranger in a small town.

Two to four years of this will tank the Democrats and RINOs and those traitors that highlighted themselves this week. Remember all politics are local!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote