Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Wolfgang Hammersmith Thread
Old 12-10-2010, 20:22   #1
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Wolfgang Hammersmith Thread

This is a reminder that you are not to post in the above-referenced thread unless you are SF. This means that your title is "Quiet Professional" or you otherwise have been vetted as SF here. Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

We have split the wolfgang threads, feel free to post on this one as you like. Team Sergeant

Old 12-11-2010, 12:07   #2
Dusty
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip.B View Post
I just looked through the thread and it makes me realize how insignificant my service was. I am in awe of the great man known as Wolfgang Hammersmith.
Can you name me ONE person who isn't?

I mean, besides Chuck Norris, obviously...

Old 12-11-2010, 12:33   #3
Masochist
Guerrilla Chief

Former Marine sniper Fred Rogers sure is ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mr-rogers-and-big-bird.jpg (55.1 KB, 207 views)

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Old 12-11-2010, 13:37   #4
rubberneck
Area Commander

I still amazed that he thought he could come in here and bluff his way through this crowd. Either he is delusional to the point he really believes his b.s. or he had now clue who he was dealing with. If it's the former he should be institutionalized and if it's the later..... well I don't even know what to say. It was like watching a train wreck in super slow motion.
“The necessary consequence of man's right to life is his right to self-defense. In a civilized society, force may be used only in retaliation and only against those who initiate its use. All the reasons which make the initiation of physical force an evil, make the retaliatory use of physical force a moral imperative." Ayn Rand.

Old 12-11-2010, 15:50   #5
perdurabo
Guerrilla

Edit: People coming to this thread to research Wolfgang Hammersmith should note that this thread is a side discussion. You'll want to also take a look at the main thread at:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...ad.php?t=31330

END

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
I still amazed that he thought he could come in here and bluff his way through this crowd. Either he is delusional to the point he really believes his b.s. or he had now clue who he was dealing with. If it's the former he should be institutionalized and if it's the later..... well I don't even know what to say. It was like watching a train wreck in super slow motion.
Probably a mix of poor SA & self-delusion.

I wonder why he won't acknowledge two fallacies:

1. Aside from all this black ops work, he states he was in the USMC. Great, there WILL be a DD-214 for this. Where is it? What unit(s) are listed on it? I haven't looked at my 214 in perhaps a decade but I know generally what's on it.

2. He can talk all about his adventures and how much of a bad ass he is, but can't provide units he operated with, or places & dates, or really any facts.

In contrast, say Bob Baer (probably not popular here) but an acknowledged CIA (SAD, I think) guy can write multiple books (and get them vetted by the CIA), and still prove his credentials. The JAWBREAKER guys, likewise.

I'm also curious as to what path he took to get from a recruited teen "black ops" guy to an LTC in 19 years while serving in the "black ops" world. I've never heard any guys who served in what civilians would call "black ops" refer to it as "black ops". It's a dumb action movie term, and this is a red herring poser tactic in my book. If they speak of their experiences at all, they refer to the unit they were in.

Wolfgang, the people here know a lot more about you than is published publicly on the site. I kind of hope you continue this facade, because I know how effective these men are at "resolving" posers & it's good entertainment for us bystanders.

Last edited by perdurabo; 12-14-2010 at 13:48.

Old 12-11-2010, 16:26   #6
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
Having come from the "ULTRA Secret World of SOG", we were known, and were eventually recognized for what we did, we all knew people!!

Where are his "Brothers" that could "Back-Channel" and clue us in?!?!

This SMELLS REALLY BAD!!

I'll come/go anywhere for one of MY Brothers !! If W-shit is one of us, where are his "brothers"?!?!

As the Munchkin says "Hide and Watch...Wait and See"!!

Old 12-11-2010, 16:57   #7
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
Having come from the "ULTRA Secret World of SOG", we were known, and were eventually recognized for what we did, we all knew people!!

Where are his "Brothers" that could "Back-Channel" and clue us in?!?!

This SMELLS REALLY BAD!!

I'll come/go anywhere for one of MY Brothers !! If W-shit is one of us, where are his "brothers"?!?!

As the Munchkin says "Hide and Watch...Wait and See"!!
Martin Sir,

Great post!!! You are a hero of mine Sir!!!

Posers be damned!!!

Holly

Old 12-11-2010, 17:13   #8
perdurabo
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
Sir, I'd gladly be out of a lot of beer money just to hear the real stories you have.