View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 06:02   #8
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobey View Post
Have hope, dear QPs. I don't believe Quid-Pro-Joe or the ineligible Camel-Toe Harris will ever reach the White House. (Why is Camel-Toe ineligible? Neither of her parents were U.S. citizens at the time of her birth. Therefore, Camel-Toe is not a "natural born" U.S. citizen. Therefore she is - by U.S. Constitutional standards - not eligible to run for either the office of president or vice-president of the United States. Of course the Demonrats ignored this constitutional technicality; but it's bound to come up some time.)

I don't think the citizenship thing for Harris will come up because, under current precedent, parental citizenship doesn't bear on the matter.

Per https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/natural_born_citizen

Quote:
The phrase "natural-born citizen" appears in the U.S. Constitution. In order to become the President or Vice President of the United States, a person must be a natural-born citizen. This "Natural-Born Citizen Clause" is located in Section 1 of Article 2 of the United States Constitution.

The constitution does not expressly define “natural born” nor has the Supreme Court ever ruled precisely upon its meaning. One can be a citizen while not being a "natural born" citizen if, for example, that person gained citizenship through the process of naturalization.

Under the 14th Amendment's Naturalization Clause and the Supreme Court case of United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 US. 649, anyone born on U.S. soil and subject to its jurisdiction is a natural born citizen, regardless of parental citizenship. This type of citizenship is referred to as birthright citizenship.
I'd rather see some serious electronic forensics across several states to get Trump back about 1.7M votes. Harris would then be moot and we can get to the necktie parties.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote