View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 10:28   #1
PretzelFactory
Asset

1LT NTR / Need Advice

I am a 1LT, National Guard, 20th GRP candidate. Recently I received an NTR at SFAS. (2nd attempt)

First attempt, I went in Oct, passed gate week no problem, but was dropped for psych. 2014 I got a DUI (before military / commissioning). This is the part on the psych where you note any past criminal experiences. I also did not think I needed a waiver.

Second attempt: BLUF: Failed to meet 12mile ruck time. I decided to go during the Aug class, and I totally should have listened to my SFRE cadre that heat can really effect you during this class. I never felt so sluggish / total disconnect with my body and simply could not get myself to shuffle or move at a moving speed.

------------------------

Moving forward: The NG Liaison informed me that individuals have dropped their commission and went back as enlisted (E-5) for another shot. Has anyone on this forum dropped their commission and went in as E-5?

The NG Liaison mentioned that if I were to come back as an E-5, I should definitely bring a waiver to have the psych portion cleaned up. However what worries me, even if I brought a waiver, there is a possibility you could still be dropped...

-----------------------

Additional thoughts: I whole hardheartedly want to be part of GRP, and if it takes to drop my commission to go back, I want this to happen. I just want to hear some view points from members on this forum. Another note, I do have a full time job out of the National Guard.

Thanks
PretzelFactory is offline   Reply With Quote