View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 18:45   #42
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJWoody View Post
Sir, I'd be reluctant to advise a small engine shop locally. I love my loud toys and place that in the same category as which hospital I'd like to admit my grandkids... D. None of the above.

Carthage Saw & Mower ---- (a fouled up carb from poor storage) after it soundly defeated me.

If one wanted to travel a bit, Amick's in Asheboro (Bus 220, N side of town) is a very good shop. ------- At least they have Saturday hours, which is rare in that business.
Now that I've got time to phrase a proper reply - Thanks. I suspected your first comment based on informal queries of new neighbors. I'm familiar with the Carthage shop (I at least know where to find them) and they're a lot closer than the Sanford, Fayetteville, and Hope Mills shops I have used. The Ashboro shop sounds like somebody I could check out on a Saturday trip to visit the gunsmith. They're enroute and, depending on their policies, l don't mind leaving it until I can get back up there. The problem will most likely be the Poulan Weedeater; it was a little too "pedestrian" for the shops I took my saw to. Unfortunately, many of the shops I've encountered tend to be brand specific. They usually turned their noses up at somebody else's product and launched into a sales pitch. I'm sure this audience can imagine how much that tactic "annoys" me. Like most of us, I have what I have because it was the best I could afford when I "acquired" it, and I'm not interested in somebody else's irrelevant opinions. Whatever happened to the generalist who would fix whatever you brought him and, other than friendly or professional advice, keep his opinions to himself?
A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote