Thread: Wake-up Call
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 21:18   #2
Richard
Quiet Professional

Although I live in a 'safe' suburban area, the boys are grown and gone, and it is just my wife and I -
  • House has high-security windows/doors
  • High-pitched beep sounds if door/window is opened (anytime day or night)
  • Shotgun (loaded + box of extra shells) is next to my side of the bed behind wing-back chair at the far end of the house from main entrance down long hallway
  • Telephone (portable) is on the nightstand next to my side of the bed with 911 set on #1 on speed-dial and speaker phone
  • Master bathroom off of master bedroom is furthest room at end of house and easily secured
  • Master bedroom has French Doors (with secured exterior security gate) which exit to interior patio and back yard

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote