View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 15:16   #7
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatton539 View Post
I grew up with an SF father and in SF circles. One of the family friends was SGM David Disharoon, 7th, 46th co and 5th that I know of. His mother was French so he had dual citizenship and passports. I know he was involved in the Congo operations, ended up doing an E&E eventually being smuggled out by another "A" Team about a year later. What I don't know, and since he passed away never will, is what he actually did. I tried like hell to get him to talk but never managed, even though I used a copy of the Levenworth papers to lay out the overall operations. His comment was, "I was just s como guy with a French passport". He did say that with his TDY settlement, he bought the house his wife still owns in Ponderosa and the car he drove until he couldn't drive. It's a shame that I wasn't smart enough to realize the legends I was around in my youth.
The easy, painless, and moderately quick answer? File a Standard Form 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records (SF180) and see what are in his records.

It will have unit assignments and dates so you can look for survivor teammates.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf standard-form-180.pdf (1.04 MB, 8 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote