View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 18:58   #14
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebo View Post
IIRC, I've heard of talk up where I am (DOT-D SWC) that they (yeah...I know) were tossing around the idea of allowing 18D's to go to PA school and then letting them go back to tm's. A win-win so to speak. We lose alot of 18D's to go pursue further endeviours, but most do like the tm life.

What do you think of that?? They would have their PA creds for later, or whatever, but still be able to be on a tm...
PAs are not warrants any more, I am not sure what a team would do with a Major or LTC medic, or whether it would be a good idea to spend the time
training a guy to make twice his salary on the outside.

You would also have to have billets for several hundred additional PAs.

Why would Big Army pay for PA school for an 18D E-7 who plans to return to a team?

When the path to PA used to be open for 18Ds, we lost so many that they had to put restrictions on the numbers we sent every year, and once the guy graduates, he is pretty much gone from SF forever, since PA school is an MOS producing course.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2017
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote